Author Topic: Agilent 600MHz 54831B hack for 1GHz 54832B possible? YES!  (Read 29834 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline EXPY73

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 27
  • Country: us
Re: Agilent 600MHz 54831B hack for 1GHz 54832B possible? YES!
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2026, 10:12:09 pm »
OH, the feet issue!

I lubricated the feet and the finger shield on the lower cover with Krytox [eBay again] and now they slip on and off, lock securely like new and the cover slips in place easily.

Krytox seems to be a good fan lubricant [available as a grease or liquid], discovered this 25+ years ago with a bathroom fan with bushings that started squealing after lubing with quality dino oil in only a day or so, but using Krytox, the fan ran quietly until I sold the house- at a fat profit years later...
 

Offline tv84

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3585
  • Country: pt
Re: Agilent 600MHz 54831B hack for 1GHz 54832B possible? YES!
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2026, 01:24:31 pm »
I sold the house- at a fat profit years later...

All due to the Krytox??  :o
 

Offline EXPY73

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 27
  • Country: us
Re: Agilent 600MHz 54831B hack for 1GHz 54832B possible? YES!
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2026, 06:50:07 pm »
I sold the house- at a fat profit years later...

All due to the Krytox??  :o

Krytox is amazing stuff, use it all the time. Best to look for deals on eBay.

Can't resist...  When the house was ready to show my RE lady had a doc look within the hour and I asked my SO to mow visible from the bay windows. The doc bought the house within 1/2 an hour saying he "didn't want to lose the opportunity" [smart doc], at the listed price and wanted the JD tractor as a part of the deal. Fastest RE deal I ever made.
 

Offline EXPY73

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 27
  • Country: us
Re: Agilent 600MHz 54831B hack for 1GHz 54832B possible? YES!
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2026, 07:09:18 pm »
There are some nice wireless mice on ebay for about $14 and when I hooked one to a 54831M with mod's, upon new and repeated power ups the message "Windows recovered from a serious error" appeared, however cancelling the message allowed normal operation.

After unplugging the tiny transceiver and re-installing, the messages stopped.

These wireless mice are a handy [necessary IMHO] add-on to the scope.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2026, 07:12:14 pm by EXPY73 »
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->