Author Topic: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?  (Read 117758 times)

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline TunerSandwich

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 386
  • Country: us
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2014, 06:56:11 pm »
Hang on, some of us here took a chance to capitalise on some guys mistake and now we are all supposed to try to hang him out to dry... on the charge of using automated software no less!
Regardless of the legal situation:
(A) There's not a chance in hell they ship a single unit no matter what anyone does, given the number of units sold here they would be better off shutting up shop.
(B) Some employee is running round trying to mop up a mess, why make things any harder for them?

It was a long shot, a cheeky attempt to take advantage and it hasn't worked. No need to waste any more of anyone's time . So long as I get a refund I consider the matter closed.

It's not a bot error though....it's  a scam to get people to try and buy these OFF EBAY or pay an additional fee on unpaid items on OUR ebay account.  This isn't some innocent seller, or an employee error.  It's a scam.  Hope you all can see that.  Those that tried to purchase already know what I am talking about.
In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....
 

Offline caall99

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 59
  • Country: us
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2014, 06:57:35 pm »
I am happy to support tuner in pursuing justice. The lies and dishonesty made this personal for me. An honest response admitting to the mistake would have resulted in immediate forgiveness and resolution.

And yes, I purchased two units and concur with tuners assessment of the situation.
Calibration Equipment:
Calibrated Agilent 3458A, Datron 4000A, Datron 4708, EDC MV100G, EDC MV105

Other toys: HP 3457A, HP 3456A, HP 34401A, HP 33120A, Agilent E3642A, Agilent E3648A
 

Offline TunerSandwich

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 386
  • Country: us
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2014, 06:57:54 pm »
I don't understand why everyone is getting so upset.
It was obviously an error. Attempting to persue it is just greed bordering on fraud. There is no way anyone can claim to have really lost anything, or to have had a genuine believe it was genuine.

Because the seller is trying to force an unpaid item demerit against our accounts, by attempting to extort "additional fees" to complete the transaction.
In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....
 

Offline TunerSandwich

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 386
  • Country: us
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2014, 06:59:28 pm »
The fun stops for me when a mistake is leading to an organized torching of the seller.
Stop it TunerSandwich, please.

You obviously don't understand what is going on here.  Read the entire scenario before making assumptions.  This is an obvious scam.  They sent money back to us, left the items as "unpaid" on ebay, and are now trying to charge "additional fees"  when we try to repay.

Don't you dare try to say I am initiating a witch hunt.  This isn't some humble guy just trying to make a living.  This is an obvious scam, and I plan on taking all action possible to combat it. 

Read before you assume.

OK Sherlock, if he's scamming you why are you so keen to send him money?

Why do you feel the need to be hostile towards me?  "Sherlock"

I am keen to expose a fraud to ebay, and remove the unpaid items from my ebay account  ;)

*sigh*
In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....
 

Offline TunerSandwich

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 386
  • Country: us
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #229 on: November 13, 2014, 07:02:51 pm »
I don't expect to get the PSU's as this was "to good an offer" , and that's fine with me.

But i do expect the seller to cancel my order , so i don't have a transaction listed in the ebay : Unpaid items  section

/Bingo

Try to mark the item as paid from "More actions" on "My eBay" list where the item is.  ::)  ;D

been done, and ebay is supporting us....BUT the "seller" needs to feel some pain for trying to run ebay scams....sellers like this dilute the ebay marketplace for legitimate buyer/seller transactions.

for example, let's say a legitimate person was trying to sell a Keithly model 2000 PSU on the same day, which they paid listing fees and time for.  Their auction was potentially lost or devalued, due to this scam.  This is the problem.  I hope you can see it, and that people need to take action against such activity. 

Our time, our money.  No one is being forced to do anything, but I feel it is worth my time to try and take action, because the seller is an obvious scammer and I feel I am doing a good deed by getting their account removed from ebay.

You can see it however you like, but the facts are the facts.
In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....
 

Offline bookaboo

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 802
  • Country: ie
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #230 on: November 13, 2014, 07:05:13 pm »
The fun stops for me when a mistake is leading to an organized torching of the seller.
Stop it TunerSandwich, please.

You obviously don't understand what is going on here.  Read the entire scenario before making assumptions.  This is an obvious scam.  They sent money back to us, left the items as "unpaid" on ebay, and are now trying to charge "additional fees"  when we try to repay.

Don't you dare try to say I am initiating a witch hunt.  This isn't some humble guy just trying to make a living.  This is an obvious scam, and I plan on taking all action possible to combat it. 

Read before you assume.

OK Sherlock, if he's scamming you why are you so keen to send him money?

Why do you feel the need to be hostile towards me?  "Sherlock"

I am keen to expose a fraud to ebay, and remove the unpaid items from my ebay account  ;)

*sigh*

I don't know if you are deluded or pretending to be deluded, either way good luck wasting your time.
 

Offline caall99

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 59
  • Country: us
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #231 on: November 13, 2014, 07:07:47 pm »
The fun stops for me when a mistake is leading to an organized torching of the seller.
Stop it TunerSandwich, please.

You obviously don't understand what is going on here.  Read the entire scenario before making assumptions.  This is an obvious scam.  They sent money back to us, left the items as "unpaid" on ebay, and are now trying to charge "additional fees"  when we try to repay.

Don't you dare try to say I am initiating a witch hunt.  This isn't some humble guy just trying to make a living.  This is an obvious scam, and I plan on taking all action possible to combat it. 

Read before you assume.

OK Sherlock, if he's scamming you why are you so keen to send him money?

Why do you feel the need to be hostile towards me?  "Sherlock"

I am keen to expose a fraud to ebay, and remove the unpaid items from my ebay account  ;)

*sigh*

I don't know if you are deluded or pretending to be deluded, either way good luck wasting your time.

Book, you haven't made any believable arguments as to why tuners arguments are false or deluded. You aren't convincing me...
Calibration Equipment:
Calibrated Agilent 3458A, Datron 4000A, Datron 4708, EDC MV100G, EDC MV105

Other toys: HP 3457A, HP 3456A, HP 34401A, HP 33120A, Agilent E3642A, Agilent E3648A
 

Offline EV

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 525
  • Country: fi
  • Aficionado
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #232 on: November 13, 2014, 07:08:20 pm »
Because no one wants unpaid items on their ebay account... It's bad for the buyer


Try to mark the item as paid from "More actions" on "My eBay" list where the item is.  ::)  ;D
 

Offline caall99

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 59
  • Country: us
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #233 on: November 13, 2014, 07:10:39 pm »
Because no one wants unpaid items on their ebay account... It's bad for the buyer


Try to mark the item as paid from "More actions" on "My eBay" list where the item is.  ::)  ;D

I haven't been refunded yet, but I'll try when they do.
Calibration Equipment:
Calibrated Agilent 3458A, Datron 4000A, Datron 4708, EDC MV100G, EDC MV105

Other toys: HP 3457A, HP 3456A, HP 34401A, HP 33120A, Agilent E3642A, Agilent E3648A
 

Offline EV

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 525
  • Country: fi
  • Aficionado
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #234 on: November 13, 2014, 07:15:30 pm »
Because no one wants unpaid items on their ebay account... It's bad for the buyer


Try to mark the item as paid from "More actions" on "My eBay" list where the item is.  ::)  ;D

I haven't been refunded yet, but I'll try when they do.

If it has been refunded there should appear mark £* or $* which means that the mayment has been refunded!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:24:12 pm by EV »
 

Offline TunerSandwich

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 386
  • Country: us
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2014, 07:20:00 pm »
The fun stops for me when a mistake is leading to an organized torching of the seller.
Stop it TunerSandwich, please.

You obviously don't understand what is going on here.  Read the entire scenario before making assumptions.  This is an obvious scam.  They sent money back to us, left the items as "unpaid" on ebay, and are now trying to charge "additional fees"  when we try to repay.

Don't you dare try to say I am initiating a witch hunt.  This isn't some humble guy just trying to make a living.  This is an obvious scam, and I plan on taking all action possible to combat it. 

Read before you assume.

OK Sherlock, if he's scamming you why are you so keen to send him money?

Why do you feel the need to be hostile towards me?  "Sherlock"

I am keen to expose a fraud to ebay, and remove the unpaid items from my ebay account  ;)

*sigh*

I don't know if you are deluded or pretending to be deluded, either way good luck wasting your time.

Thank you for wishing me luck.  Being deluded and all, I suppose I need it.  :palm:

why do you feel the need to waste YOUR time to be hostile towards me?  if you have some big issue, ignore me and the situation.  I think you are just trying to be hostile to get some jollies.  No need to reply any further.  I understand your stance.  You are entitled to an opinion, albeit "deluded".
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:26:35 pm by TunerSandwich »
In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....
 

Offline TunerSandwich

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 386
  • Country: us
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #236 on: November 13, 2014, 07:24:11 pm »
Because no one wants unpaid items on their ebay account... It's bad for the buyer


Try to mark the item as paid from "More actions" on "My eBay" list where the item is.  ::)  ;D

It doesn't work that way.  Calling ebay does work though.  Also I have a refund notice form pay pal, BUT the funds are being "withheld"

again this isn't some poor innocent seller that made an honest mistake.  If they just said "our bot made a mistake" I would accept the cancellation, and even be a nice guy and not leave any negatives against them.

That is NOT the case though.  It's a clear scam. 

In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....
 

Offline EV

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 525
  • Country: fi
  • Aficionado
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #237 on: November 13, 2014, 07:30:01 pm »
Because no one wants unpaid items on their ebay account... It's bad for the buyer


Try to mark the item as paid from "More actions" on "My eBay" list where the item is.  ::)  ;D

It doesn't work that way.  Calling ebay does work though.  Also I have a refund notice form pay pal, BUT the funds are being "withheld"

..


So you are not refunded yet!
 

Offline Mr.B

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 1318
  • Country: nz
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #238 on: November 13, 2014, 07:36:32 pm »
I have had the PayPal payment refunded and not showing 'unpaid items'.
I have not had the other order refunded yet.


Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?
 

Offline TunerSandwich

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 386
  • Country: us
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #239 on: November 13, 2014, 07:37:58 pm »
Because no one wants unpaid items on their ebay account... It's bad for the buyer


Try to mark the item as paid from "More actions" on "My eBay" list where the item is.  ::)  ;D

It doesn't work that way.  Calling ebay does work though.  Also I have a refund notice form pay pal, BUT the funds are being "withheld"

..


So you are not refunded yet!

Nope

they also haven't cancelled or attempted refund on all of the items....according to ebay they are still shipping me 3 units by next week  :-DD

In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....
 

Offline jancumps

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 1273
  • Country: be
  • New Low
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #240 on: November 13, 2014, 07:39:35 pm »
lol I'm in for $2k worth.....this will be funny if I get a shipping confirmation.  With ebay and pay pal buyer protections there is no issue about getting "scammed".....I have dealt with deadbeat ebay deals before and got my money back within a couple days of filing complaint

If, by some miracle the units show up at the warehouse, I will be happy to re-list them for a couple hundred bucks each and keep a few dozen for the lab.....

Just imagine having a keithly psu to power each component in a development topology.... :-DD

Time to order a few bags of pomona quick clips, some bananas and some hook-up wire  :-+

This is not the EEVBlog crowd that I used to know. This is my worst day on this forum.
 

Offline electr_peter

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 1616
  • Country: lt
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2014, 07:46:10 pm »
Let's face few obvious facts.
  • Seller does not admit a mistake and talks about some mysterious technical issues and supply problems.
  • Listing for those DC supplies showed 2 items available, now 30-70 is sold. How can anyone sell 50 items while having two in stock?
  • Unpaid item is an unpaid item. You cannot leave such traces of eBay fees avoidance everywhere - it hurts many (mostly  buyers in this case).
  • Now the same items are sold at 1000 fold bigger price. Is it legal? As always, somebody will say that high price is legal and it is between seller and buyer :blah: However, in reality it is almost always a strategy employed by a seller to go around eBay listing fees. For example(I don't do this), say I sell LEDs for $10 each, have inventory of 1000. When my inventory goes to zero, instead of removing a listing I increase LED price to $5000. If anyone buys it, it is easy to cancel.
All of this points out that seller most likely does not have any stock of DC PS and is employing misleading advertising and/or tries to go around eBay rules.

I am not with TunerSandwich (and his furiousness) that seller is a scam.
All I am suggesting is that this seller comes clean - cancels all questionable orders (and removes unpaid items for unfortunate buyers), admits a mistake and plays by the rules.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:55:35 pm by electr_peter »
 

Offline Yago

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 651
  • Country: gb
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #242 on: November 13, 2014, 07:51:25 pm »
Yes a clean way out would be great.
I am not the new sheriff in town (nope, not Reggie Hammond), and I have made many a mistake in my past that have been forgiven.

I also have two nice supplies from our own KJDS.

If you are reading this Auto-Parts, come clean and lets reset to zero...
... and never the twain shall meet again.
 

Offline andrija

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 64
  • Country: ca
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2014, 07:56:37 pm »
I received my refund yesterday automatically. According to paypal it's been credited back to my VISA. Not sure where you guys are getting "funds withheld". I'll have to check my CC statement online later though to make sure.
 

Offline TunerSandwich

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 386
  • Country: us
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2014, 07:57:04 pm »
Let's face few obvious facts.
  • Seller does not admit a mistake and talks about some mysterious technical issues and supply problems.
  • Listing for those DC supplies showed 2 items available, now 30-70 is sold. How can anyone sell 50 items while having two in stock?
  • Unpaid item is an unpaid item. You cannot leave such traces of eBay fees avoidance everywhere - it hurts many (mostly  buyers in this case).
  • Now the same items are sold at 1000 fold bigger price. Is it legal? As always, somebody will say that high price is legal and it is between seller and buyer :blah: However, in reality it is almost always a strategy employed by a seller to go around eBay listing fees. For example(I don't do this), say I sell LEDs for $10 each, have inventory of 1000. When my inventory goes to zero, instead of removing a listing I increase LED price to $5000. If anyone buys it, it is easy to cancel.
All of this points out that seller most likely do not have any stock of DC PS and is employing misleading advertising and/or tries to go around eBay rules.

I am not with TunerSandwich (and his furiousness) that seller is a scam.
All I am suggesting is that this seller comes clean - cancels all questionable orders (and removes unpaid items for unfortunate buyers), admits a mistake and plays by the rules.

ahhh but that is not the case.....it's an obvious ploy to try and extort additional funds from the buyer....see below.....you can't mark as paid, or re-pay, without this additional fee....which is not explained.....

furious is a bit far, annoyed is more accurate....I am finding some humor in this entire situation.  I also feel good about getting such ebay sellers removed from ebay.  They dilute the marketplace.

like I said, no one has to be "on my side"....it's my time/money....and I feel like I am doing something good for the community, by attempting to remove fraudulent ebay sellers

anyone is entitled to an opinion, but be open minded and put the pieces of this scam together....it is not an honest mistake, or bot gone wild....it's a legitimate scam (oxymoron?)

the scam is an attempt to sell product off of ebay, or extort additional funds from a buyer, to avoid an unpaid item....

in any event I have made ebay well aware of the situation, and they are on my side and agree with the course of action against the seller account

the ebay representative I spoke with told me this isn't the first time this seller has done this...and ebay has a long record of this kind of activity.....which is a bit concerning in itself.....ebay knows what is going on here and hasn't removed this sellers account

In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....
 

Offline TunerSandwich

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 386
  • Country: us
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2014, 08:00:22 pm »
They also have not refunded 3 of the items....and it looks like i will be taking delivery soon  :-DD

In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....
 

Offline TunerSandwich

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 386
  • Country: us
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2014, 08:01:08 pm »
lol I'm in for $2k worth.....this will be funny if I get a shipping confirmation.  With ebay and pay pal buyer protections there is no issue about getting "scammed".....I have dealt with deadbeat ebay deals before and got my money back within a couple days of filing complaint

If, by some miracle the units show up at the warehouse, I will be happy to re-list them for a couple hundred bucks each and keep a few dozen for the lab.....

Just imagine having a keithly psu to power each component in a development topology.... :-DD

Time to order a few bags of pomona quick clips, some bananas and some hook-up wire  :-+

This is not the EEVBlog crowd that I used to know. This is my worst day on this forum.

where is your sense of humor sir?
In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....
 

Offline Yago

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 651
  • Country: gb
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2014, 08:04:21 pm »
lol I'm in for $2k worth.....this will be funny if I get a shipping confirmation.  With ebay and pay pal buyer protections there is no issue about getting "scammed".....I have dealt with deadbeat ebay deals before and got my money back within a couple days of filing complaint

If, by some miracle the units show up at the warehouse, I will be happy to re-list them for a couple hundred bucks each and keep a few dozen for the lab.....

Just imagine having a keithly psu to power each component in a development topology.... :-DD

Time to order a few bags of pomona quick clips, some bananas and some hook-up wire  :-+

This is not the EEVBlog crowd that I used to know. This is my worst day on this forum.

where is your sense of humor sir?

Mine baulked at the chance some innocent person will be unemployed over this.
 

Offline jancumps

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 1273
  • Country: be
  • New Low
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2014, 08:11:53 pm »
lol I'm in for $2k worth.....this will be funny if I get a shipping confirmation.  With ebay and pay pal buyer protections there is no issue about getting "scammed".....I have dealt with deadbeat ebay deals before and got my money back within a couple days of filing complaint

If, by some miracle the units show up at the warehouse, I will be happy to re-list them for a couple hundred bucks each and keep a few dozen for the lab.....

Just imagine having a keithly psu to power each component in a development topology.... :-DD

Time to order a few bags of pomona quick clips, some bananas and some hook-up wire  :-+

This is not the EEVBlog crowd that I used to know. This is my worst day on this forum.

where is your sense of humor sir?

Trying to get a business out of business is not my kind of humour.

I'll throw in a smiley though :)
 

Offline TunerSandwich

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 386
  • Country: us
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Best eBay deal ever or am I missing something?
« Reply #249 on: November 13, 2014, 08:12:53 pm »
lol I'm in for $2k worth.....this will be funny if I get a shipping confirmation.  With ebay and pay pal buyer protections there is no issue about getting "scammed".....I have dealt with deadbeat ebay deals before and got my money back within a couple days of filing complaint

If, by some miracle the units show up at the warehouse, I will be happy to re-list them for a couple hundred bucks each and keep a few dozen for the lab.....

Just imagine having a keithly psu to power each component in a development topology.... :-DD

Time to order a few bags of pomona quick clips, some bananas and some hook-up wire  :-+

This is not the EEVBlog crowd that I used to know. This is my worst day on this forum.

where is your sense of humor sir?

Mine baulked at the chance some innocent person will be unemployed over this.

it's not an honest mistake....it's an outright scam....put the pieces together
In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->