Author Topic: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B  (Read 231361 times)

0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline darryllll

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 5
  • Country: us
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #600 on: October 27, 2025, 07:52:33 pm »
Thank you! I have read through the forums and noticed the keys and vendor name are the same but, it still seems to be generating the wrong keys when using lmcyptgui. This is my current file structure:

FEATURE 1DS TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted 91B4C478336F \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE 204 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted FF79423E8D8F \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE 202 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted F98548449989 \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE 211 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted 382848489C87 \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE 219 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted 10587070AC7F \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE 226 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted 1DBF4242938B \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE B78 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted D8A76F4BAC0C \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE B7J TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted E6AB613DD0FA \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE BAC TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted ACECFADA1055 \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE BAE TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted B2E0F4D4045B \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE BAF TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted B3DEF3D3025C \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE 213 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted 362C4A4AA085 \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE BAB TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted AFE6F7D70A58 \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE 212 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted 392647479A88 \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE 115 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted A2DD41419488 \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE 111 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted 9EE545459C84 \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE 123 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted DC6A4646A181 \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB
FEATURE AYY TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted FCE915D54434 \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=842415DB

This is for an E4440A, I've attached some screenshots and images of my setup and the unit itself.
 
The following users thanked this post: ddrl46

Offline darryllll

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 5
  • Country: us
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #601 on: October 28, 2025, 12:05:45 am »
Hi, these do seem to be correct, is there anything I need to do to my setup to get these results?
I only have the Generic FLEXlm Crypt Generator directly downloaded, would I have to modify the program in any way?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2025, 12:15:35 am by darryllll »
 
The following users thanked this post: ddrl46

Offline tv84

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3585
  • Country: pt
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #602 on: October 28, 2025, 01:51:34 pm »
In the forum, somewhere, there is the indication of the byte to patch.
 
The following users thanked this post: ddrl46, darryllll

Offline Spencer7171

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: us
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #603 on: November 29, 2025, 07:38:17 am »
Hi PAOPBZ,

Can you assist me in getting the license keys for options 123, 124, 215, HB2, and HN9 on my PSA series E4440a? The primary unit I was using has a corrupted firmware and my back-up unit has no licenses on it, I swapped the hardware i needed from the old one into this new one. I tried using a license key from the old unit, then realized its tied to each unit.
Series: PSA
Model: E4440a
Serial number: SG45302272
Host ID: 84240B8E
Firmware revision: A.11.01 Release
 

Online PA0PBZ

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5505
  • Country: nl
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #604 on: November 29, 2025, 12:50:10 pm »
Can you assist me in getting the license keys for options 123, 124, 215, HB2, and HN9 on my PSA series E4440a?

123 01B3D5A7245F
124 06A5D0A21268
215 A1CCD19F1D63
HB2 04D59FD1AEAB
HN9 EFD6B882BCA6
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.
 

Offline Spencer7171

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: us
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #605 on: November 30, 2025, 04:25:37 am »
Thank you!
I am trying to work out how these are generated for the E4440A, are you able to explain what is different for setting up to make these using flexlmcrypt?
I have been reading through this thread and haven't quite worked out how to generate these myself for the E4440A, but I have been able to replicate the examples for the E4402B.
The reason I am asking is because I may need to enable an option 233 on a different unit(or this one, not sure) in the future and don't want to have to ask whenever I need a new feature.
 

Offline tv84

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3585
  • Country: pt
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #606 on: November 30, 2025, 09:56:58 am »
to generate these myself for the E4440A, but I have been able to replicate the examples for the E4402B.

It's exactly the same keygen.
 

Online PA0PBZ

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5505
  • Country: nl
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #607 on: November 30, 2025, 10:34:47 am »
It's exactly the same keygen.

Well... See reply #602 above
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.
 

Offline 2005prafull

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 1
  • Country: in
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #608 on: November 30, 2025, 03:00:03 pm »
Hi PAOPBZ,

Can you assist me in getting the license keys for option 219 NOISE FIGURE VERSION A.01.07 MODEL E4407B?
Model: E4407B
Host ID: B9F36CD2
Instrument Firmware revision: A.14.04
 

Offline Spencer7171

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: us
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #609 on: November 30, 2025, 03:01:16 pm »
So, when I try to replicate this key: "215 A1CCD19F1D63" for example, what I generate comes out as
"FEATURE 215 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted FD1107EE1868 \
   HOSTID=VDH=84240B8E"
I have also tried altering the host ID string and get the same result.
"FEATURE 215 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted FD1107EE1868 \
   HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID=84240B8E"
"FEATURE 215 TMOMID01 1.0 permanent uncounted E41FD9B198CB \
   HOSTID=84240b8e"
So I was wondering what I am doing wrong to not be able to replicate this.
I have attached a screenshot of the settings I put into the gui.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2025, 03:19:34 pm by Spencer7171 »
 

Online PA0PBZ

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5505
  • Country: nl
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #610 on: November 30, 2025, 03:23:40 pm »
So I was wondering what I am doing wrong to not be able to replicate this.
I have attached a screenshot of the settings I put into the gui.

I use HOSTID=VSA_HOSTID as input, after running the keygen it comes out as HOSTID=HOSTNAME.
I can't remember if or what I patched in the keygen.

Your gui settings look fine.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.
 

Offline Spencer7171

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: us
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #611 on: November 30, 2025, 03:28:39 pm »
I just found a reference to a patch earlier in the thread that I missed, I'm working on it.
I'll try it again after patching;  :palm:

EDIT: Can confirm, I get the same thing as you after adding that patch!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2025, 03:37:36 pm by Spencer7171 »
 

Offline sq6emm

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: pl
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #612 on: January 15, 2026, 08:58:18 am »
Hello @PA0PBZ,

Is there a chance you will generate for me options:

215, 217, 23A, 241, 266

for my PSA E4446A?
Host ID: 2427CADB
Firmware revision: A.11.21 Release

Thanks in advance (I cannot select them on the webpage)
 

Online PA0PBZ

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5505
  • Country: nl
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #613 on: January 18, 2026, 04:28:03 pm »
PSA E4446A
Host ID: 2427CADB

Hi, never done a 4446A but assuming it's like the 4440 here you go, let me know if they worked:

215 3C995D09668E
217 3A9D5F0B6A8C
23A 28F757F79078
241 D024620E7187
266 E65A2FAF698A
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.
 

Offline tv84

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3585
  • Country: pt
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #614 on: January 21, 2026, 09:48:37 am »
Am I missing anything? can someone help?

Someone is missing something—and I bet it isn’t you. Maybe you just need to let the “experimental” phase run its course.
 

Offline sq6emm

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: pl
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #615 on: January 21, 2026, 09:24:28 pm »
PSA E4446A
Host ID: 2427CADB

Hi, never done a 4446A but assuming it's like the 4440 here you go, let me know if they worked:

215 3C995D09668E
217 3A9D5F0B6A8C
23A 28F757F79078
241 D024620E7187
266 E65A2FAF698A


Works like a charm! Thank you!
 

Offline sprit

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 377
  • Country: vn
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #616 on: January 28, 2026, 05:34:40 am »
Hi

I have a question. Will this method unlock the options for the DSO8k/80k series? Thank you for your answer.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
 

Online PA0PBZ

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5505
  • Country: nl
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #617 on: February 04, 2026, 04:02:51 pm »
I have a question. Will this method unlock the options for the DSO8k/80k series? Thank you for your answer.

If I remember correctly they use a different key format.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.
 

Offline MonoKeras

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 9
  • Country: fr
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #618 on: February 25, 2026, 01:56:55 pm »
Hi PA0PBZ,
I've just finished fixing the E4443 I scavenged from my company (2rd LO and 3rd converter board were toast. I still have to fix the 300 MHz mixer path on the 3rd converter board after the installed 3rd LO mixer and the 300 MHz LO driver blew out).
I wonder if you could generate keys for it? HostID is 742411FE. Options 110, 219, 226 and 233.
I’m curious because I don’t have the option 1DS installed, yet I have the message ‘Preamp Switch Cycles: 0'.
Anyway, also, if you know how to have the error messages ALIGN_AIF_MAIN_GAIN and ALIGN_ROUGH_CALGAINS disappeared that would be nice, but I think I’ll rather ask on the repair thread.
Thanks and 73s!

 

Online PA0PBZ

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5505
  • Country: nl
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #619 on: February 26, 2026, 01:04:47 pm »
Hi PA0PBZ,
HostID is 742411FE. Options 110, 219, 226 and 233.

Here are your keys:

110 B0FF26EFA280
219 E3D130F9B878
226 1A6B5A7A5A45
233 09E324F1AA80


I can't help you with your other questions, I don't have one myself.
Although  ‘Preamp Switch Cycles: 0' makes sense when you don't have it installed  ;)
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.
 

Offline MonoKeras

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 9
  • Country: fr
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #620 on: February 26, 2026, 04:45:21 pm »
Thanks a bunch. I was looking at the very first messages in this thread and oh god, I love this old 68000 assembly. It reminds me of the time I was developing on the Atari ST line :)
Spassibo bolchoy! Poka!
 

Offline MonoKeras

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 9
  • Country: fr
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #621 on: February 26, 2026, 09:21:52 pm »
Hey,
oddly enough, the key for the option 226 is rejected.
The others work fine. Although, nothing has changed :p I was expecting to see new options or menus, but nothing showed up so far.
Lol, I must be dumb :p
 

Offline MarioFonseca

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 9
  • Country: br
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #622 on: March 09, 2026, 12:19:29 am »
Hello PA0PBZ!!

Could you please help me?

I have an E4404B with the 1DR option (Narrow Resolution Bandwidths). I can confirm this both from the label on the back panel and via System > More > Show System.

However, when I try to set an RBW below 1 kHz, it is not possible.

Is this a licensing issue, or could it be something else?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tks
« Last Edit: March 09, 2026, 12:21:05 am by MarioFonseca »
 

Offline vf33184

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 48
  • Country: cz
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #623 on: March 09, 2026, 06:31:20 am »
I have E4402B, latest firmware version A.14.06. I also wanted to activate option 1DR - narrow RBW (below 1kHz). I have got license key and it was successfully activated, however I was not able to go below 1kHz resolution.

I have tried solution mentioned on Keysight forum as I have exactly the same setup, means software activated 1DR option but without 1D5 hardware option (high stability frequency reference) being physically installed.
https://docs.keysight.com/kkbopen/i-ve-upgraded-my-esa-with-option-1dr-narrow-resolution-bandwidths-yet-the-instrument-will-not-go-below-a-1-khz-bandwidth-why-is-this-589744737.html

However this command sent over GPIB didn't work for me, regardless I tried several attempts including slight modification of  that command :MMEM:DEL 'C:SYSTEM\DEFCONF'      :(

Finally I decided to try brute force approach. I have erased flash memory, disconnected internal backup battery for a while, and then installed whole firmware package from the scratch. To my surprise, all hardware related options (e.g. 1DR, 1D6, etc) was kept activated and I didn't need to active those again. However all options based on personality software (e.g. option 226) were gone and I had to activate those licenses again plus installed appropriate personality software packages.

After this process (took 3 hours including physical disassembly to reach internal battery), 1DR option is finally working properly and I can set RBW down to 10Hz (minimum available without 1D5 option installed).  :)


BTW, here is excellent description of all available options, installation instructions, dependencies on specific hardware or if adjustment is required after installation. For example option 1DS (internal preamp), even I could activate it on my ESA I decided not to do so because after activation adjustment is needed to achieve expected accuracy, but I don't have software needed for adjustment.
https://docs.keysight.com/kkbopen/how-do-i-upgrade-my-esa-e-series-spectrum-analyzer-589310374.html



 

Offline MarioFonseca

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 9
  • Country: br
Re: Enabling options on Agilent ESA series E4402B E4404B E4405B E4407B
« Reply #624 on: March 09, 2026, 12:25:01 pm »
Hello vf33184!

Tks for your repply!

I will study the links you sent me.

Anyway, I forgot to mention two points that I believe are important:

1- I have a problem with the IF board because ALIGN ALL fails and Relays keeps clicking after the alignmen.
2- I Have a issue with the Time keeper probably the battery is dead(an error message is displayed: date error fail).

ChatGPT says that due this issues the firmware typically blocks the digital RBWs, Do you agree?

Tks again

Mario
« Last Edit: March 09, 2026, 01:48:33 pm by MarioFonseca »
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->