Author Topic: new killer scope in town - a true game changer from R&S - RTB2002 & RTB2004  (Read 822762 times)

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
Hah! And I had referred to exactly that USB video while talking about the data transfer features...
Good catch, I completely missed that there is png and bmp shown in the folder.
Ty!

Offline slurry

• Regular Contributor
What does this instrument view software do?
If the unit holds what the video I just posted ( 4 posts up) promises, it's one of the coolest interfaces I've ever seen on a scope. Also the Webinterface Mike had looked really neat.

( It's like counting down for Christmas)

Link again as new page: www.rohde-schwarz.com/uk/products/test-measurement/oscilloscopes/rtb2000videos/rtb2000-import-and-export-of-data-and-settings-via-usb_231068

Oh, i did'nt know that there was a special SW for RTB2000!

Actually i should not have brought up the Instrument view software in this thread, it's more confusing than good maybe.

Instrument view is intended for instruments like FSH, ZVH, FPH spectrumrider which a collegue of mine very quickly renamed the rectumrider  ::)
the SW also should work with the new ZPH, cablerider (i think my collegue have to meet the guy that came up with that name..)

Using the SW you can manage and download/upload screenshots, transducers, CISPR limit lines, spectrum masks and so forth, there is also a tool for generating measureement reports that in my opinion looks quite good.

Offline KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
While comparing Rigol's arb gen specs to their standalone genrators, I noticed in the RTB datasheet the following:

For sine, pulse, ramp etc:
14 bit, Sample rate 250 Msample/s

but the arbitrary mode:
sample rate max. 10 Msample/s
memory depth 16 kpoints

err, is that a typo...?

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
While comparing Rigol's arb gen specs to their standalone genrators, I noticed in the RTB datasheet the following:

For sine, pulse, ramp etc:
14 bit, Sample rate 250 Msample/s

but the arbitrary mode:
sample rate max. 10 Msample/s
memory depth 16 kpoints

err, is that a typo...?
May not be - could be they generate the fixed waveforms in hardware. There are 2 DACs.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Joel_l

• Frequent Contributor
I was about to order an SDS2304X when I saw this. I'm surprised at the lack of 50Ohm input, seemingly small capture buffer, and comparatively slow wf/s, though I don't think the rated 50K/s is an issue. To me there were other pluses that out weigh the minuses so I went ahead and ordered the promo package, another big plus. I expect to go through a few FW updates before things are really hashed out, hopefully no big HW issues to be found. It will be fun to put it through its paces.

Joel

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
@ Joel:  did you get a shipping time estimate? (guessing you ordered at Newark's)

actually, heh: http://www.tequipment.net/Rohde-&-Schwarz/RTB2K-COM4/Mixed-Signal-Oscilloscopes-(MSO)/?rrec=true
doesn't list out of stock anymore. What the hell...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 03:13:35 am by Neganur »

Offline NA5WH

• Contributor
actually, heh: http://www.tequipment.net/Rohde-&-Schwarz/RTB2K-COM4/Mixed-Signal-Oscilloscopes-(MSO)/?rrec=true

Maybe people changing their minds, or that many people ordering from outside the US and being dropped due to the restrictions R&S puts on its distributors. 

Offline Joel_l

• Frequent Contributor
I ordered after hours and did not get a shipping estimate. Because they say in stock, I
I expect it should go out Saturday or Monday. My experience with Newark is good.

Just looked at TE and they say out of stock for me.

Joel

Maybe people changing their minds, or that many people ordering from outside the US and being dropped due to the restrictions R&S puts on its distributors.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 03:49:58 am by Joel_l »

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
After 8 hours run time I just had my first crash trying to save a 312mb waveform to sd card. Not incredibly surprised since it wasn't all that happy about the card and adapter, didn't want to recognize it, but still seems to be a bug. Connected to a UPS also. Also, the 20m file I saved just before worked fine. All the USB capture stuff works pretty well/transparently.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 07:12:52 am by maginnovision »

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
Does anybody know which operating system it uses?

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor

FreeRTOS

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
Yep, it says (in the text) on the Tequipment page: "PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE IS NOW SOLD OUT"
But Newark still has 16 on stock but it is a challenge to buy one, if you are not from the US. Using a reshipper will not work, they will cancel your order.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
Net result is many people now deeply dislike R&S.  i hope the marketing stunt was worth it.

Yep, it says (in the text) on the Tequipment page: "PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE IS NOW SOLD OUT"
But Newark still has 16 on stock but it is a challenge to buy one, if you are not from the US. Using a reshipper will not work, they will cancel your order.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline Neganur

• Supporter

Idk! have you clicked my link? It does not say out of stock anywhere.

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
How do you know, or how did you find out?

FreeRTOS

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
Seems German stores have stock now*: RTB2K-COM4

7.190,00 EUR excl. VAT lol  :palm:

*: that's only for the COM4 package, all other models are still 'coming soon'
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 11:19:40 am by Neganur »

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
Seems German stores have stock now*: RTB2K-COM4

7.190,00 EUR excl. VAT lol  :palm:

*: that's only for the COM4 package, all other models are still 'coming soon'

Also available in Norway now, at €9107 incl. VAT, it has a 24% discount promo though, so only €6922 incl. VAT!

Offline Joel_l

• Frequent Contributor
When you go to the page, try refreshing your browser, might be looking at an old cached version. I did go to it by clicking on your link.

Idk! have you clicked my link? It does not say out of stock anywhere.

Offline Joel_l

• Frequent Contributor
Maybe, flip side is early adopters seem to be beta testers, looks like many issues are being found. We also run the risk of finding a HW bug that requires a spin. As far as other regions, It might be the regions themselves that decided to offer a promo or not.

Net result is many people now deeply dislike R&S.  i hope the marketing stunt was worth it.

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
When you go to the page, try refreshing your browser, might be looking at an old cached version. I did go to it by clicking on your link.

Odd. Cleared cache, deleted browser history, tried on the phone too with same result.

Edit: added phone screenshot.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 01:15:05 pm by Neganur »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
As far as other regions, It might be the regions themselves that decided to offer a promo or not.
I doubt it. Sellers want to sell and they don't care where they have to send it so the limits on the regions are definitaly dictated by R&S. For example: R&S has there own webshops to sell direct so they don't have to listen to the opinions of distributors. They could have offered the launch deal themselves in Europe.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, kado

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
They could have offered the launch deal themselves in Europe.

That would really piss off the distributors...
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
They could have offered the launch deal themselves in Europe.
That would really piss off the distributors...
Which distributors? Check the R&S website and you'll see R&S does their own distribution in Europe.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf