Author Topic: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P  (Read 186668 times)

0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ptluisTopic starter

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 727
  • Country: pt
New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« on: March 05, 2025, 12:53:29 pm »
Fnirsi launched another 2Ch oscilloscope model DPOS350P, 4 in 1 type:

Oscilloscope
Signal Generator
Spectrum Analyzer
Frequency Response Analyzer

They claim 350MHz bandwidth, 1GS/s, only 60Kpts

Price is 244,95 EUR
Pre-Order Special $20 USD off coupon 350P20

Not a budget price for a budget scope

I'm still waiting for the promised 4ch budget tablet scope, well maybe next year  :=\

For those interested in this one here is the link:

https://www.fnirsi.com/products/dpos350p
 
The following users thanked this post: wozzer, Aldo22

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2726
  • Country: ch
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2025, 09:39:32 am »
 
The following users thanked this post: ptluis

Offline DaneLaw

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 988
  • Country: dk
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2025, 01:43:48 pm »
Final nail in the coffin to Batronix Magnova series, they have to slash the price drastically.    (no hidden agendas here.  >:D )

350MHz buyer clientele = BMO350 or DPOS350P   :-//

Yeah, wishful thinking.   ;D
 

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2726
  • Country: ch
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2025, 02:07:33 pm »
Final nail in the coffin to Batronix Magnova series, they have to slash the price drastically.    (no hidden agendas here.  >:D )

350MHz buyer clientele = BMO350 or DPOS350P   :-//

Yeah, wishful thinking.   ;D
However, it is important to realize that Fnirsi is not referring to bandwidth, but to “branwidth”.  :-DD
 
The following users thanked this post: thm_w, ptluis

Offline csuhi17

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 452
  • Country: hu
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2025, 02:24:54 pm »
This is a very good price for a 16-bit, 1GSa/s scope. :-+
Fnirsi oscilloscope = waste&regret
or maybe I was wrong
 

Offline RAPo

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1013
  • Country: nl
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2025, 03:53:00 pm »
hmm, it looks like it has only an edge trigger and no signal decoding
Manual can be read here
 
The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2726
  • Country: ch
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2025, 04:21:34 pm »
This is a very good price for a 16-bit, 1GSa/s scope. :-+
It is an 8-bit scope. The 16-bit is a software-calculated average, afaics.
 
The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Milmat1, RAPo

Offline RAPo

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1013
  • Country: nl
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2025, 04:29:09 pm »
Yes that is correct, from the manual:
Set high-resolution mode: Click 【ACQ】 in the control bar at the bottom of the main menu to pop up the resolution menu. The physical resolution is
8bit, and the software high resolution is up to 16bit. There are 9 levels in total. Its essence is automatic digital filtering, which is mainly used to filter
out noise signals. As the level increases, the bandwidth gradually decreases. The specific bandwidth value will be displayed in the BW position...
channel control bar at the bottom of the main menu.
●Save screenshot: Click 【Screenshot】 in the control ba


This is a very good price for a 16-bit, 1GSa/s scope. :-+
It is an 8-bit scope. The 16-bit is a software-calculated average, afaics.
 
The following users thanked this post: artik, Aldo22

Offline csuhi17

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 452
  • Country: hu
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2025, 06:39:44 pm »
Perfect. :-+
Fnirsi is scamming its customers again.
I can already imagine the comments in the YouTube teardowns. :palm:
Fnirsi oscilloscope = waste&regret
or maybe I was wrong
 

Offline ptluisTopic starter

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 727
  • Country: pt
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2025, 08:03:01 pm »
Final nail in the coffin to Batronix Magnova series, they have to slash the price drastically.    (no hidden agendas here.  >:D )

350MHz buyer clientele = BMO350 or DPOS350P   :-//

Yeah, wishful thinking.   ;D
However, it is important to realize that Fnirsi is not referring to bandwidth, but to “branwidth”.  :-DD

branwidth smells like a cereal box
 
The following users thanked this post: geostep, Aldo22

Offline PlainName

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8827
  • Country: 00
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2025, 10:19:27 pm »
If their idea of a good advert is tiktok-style portrait phone format, the UI on this thing is going to be, ah, unoptimal for serious users.
 
The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline TSOL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 34
  • Country: us
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2025, 01:19:08 pm »
...who is this for? If people run out of memory using the Keysight DSOX scopes with 1MPt memory, how is anyone going to get anything done with a little over 1/20th of that?  :o

I get it's cheap, and tbh, the features shown in the video are quite impressive if none are locked behind a paywall for that price. I'd like to see UI responsiveness in person... seems quite nice from the video but I won't hold my breath. Even if the UI was slow, the feature set may be worth it to some. I'd just like to see a data sheet to know where they compromised.
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2025, 01:37:24 pm »
Because there is no product support. It is possible that the basic errors it will have will not even be fixed. So based on that, it is not reasonable to buy it.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2726
  • Country: ch
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2025, 01:44:21 pm »
...who is this for? If people run out of memory using the Keysight DSOX scopes with 1MPt memory, how is anyone going to get anything done with a little over 1/20th of that?  :o
Everything is relative.
It has 24 times more memory than a Tektronix TBS1000B.  ;)
 
The following users thanked this post: analogueAdder, artik

Offline csuhi17

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 452
  • Country: hu
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2025, 01:53:42 pm »
...who is this for?:o


For those who still believe in fairy tales and have so much extra money to give to Fnrisi for a defective half-baked instrument.
Which has little chance of being a full-fledged instrument.
Fnirsi oscilloscope = waste&regret
or maybe I was wrong
 
The following users thanked this post: Atlan

Offline RAPo

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1013
  • Country: nl
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2025, 02:28:30 pm »
I must restrain myself  :P
 

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2726
  • Country: ch
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2025, 03:22:44 pm »
For those who still believe in fairy tales and have so much extra money to give to Fnrisi for a defective half-baked instrument.

I wouldn't spend €250 on this Fnirsi either, but you have to be fair.
I have a Fnirsi DPS-150 and a FNIRSI SG-003A, both for less than 50€ and I use them often and I really like them.
Not all Fnirsi products are categorically bad.
 

Offline csuhi17

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 452
  • Country: hu
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2025, 03:59:11 pm »
For those who still believe in fairy tales and have so much extra money to give to Fnrisi for a defective half-baked instrument.

I wouldn't spend €250 on this Fnirsi either, but you have to be fair.
I have a Fnirsi DPS-150 and a FNIRSI SG-003A, both for less than 50€ and I use them often and I really like them.
Not all Fnirsi products are categorically bad.
Not all, but most are very bad.
Only the DPOX180H is somewhat usable.
The 1013D/1014D is also 1GSa/s according to the specification, but later, after many, many deceived customers, it turned out that it is not...
The 2C53P is buggy and lacks many features.
And
This is also a scope, so
I hope I see at least one Kerry Wong-level teardown video and maybe I will think about recommending this product to others.

By the way, I am satisfied with 3 of my 13 Fnirsi products, I got what I expected, but the rest are... ^-^
Fnirsi oscilloscope = waste&regret
or maybe I was wrong
 
The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline PlainName

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8827
  • Country: 00
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2025, 05:12:20 pm »
Quote
I have a Fnirsi DPS-150 and a FNIRSI SG-003A, both for less than 50€ and I use them often and I really like them.
Not all Fnirsi products are categorically bad.

Fnirsi are like Netgear, who make (or did) great switches but really crap anything with software like routers.

I have the DPS-150 and SG-004 also, and they are OK. But on the other hand I had a ADS2050H and gave it away on here for free because it was so bad. Maybe Fnirsi just can't do scopes.
 
The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline ptluisTopic starter

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 727
  • Country: pt
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2025, 03:48:42 am »
This new model can't be used with a mouse  :palm:
But i never pay 200+ euros for it.
 

Offline DaneLaw

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 988
  • Country: dk
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2025, 09:26:34 pm »
Purchased a handful of items from Fnirsi over the last decade..
* SG003A  (Process signal meter)
* FNB58-BT  (PD3.1 USB meter)
* HRM-10  (Resistance meter)
* LCR ST1  (LCR tweezer)
* DPS150  (PSU)
* DSO188  (Tiny Scope)

The only scope I  purchased from Fnirsi is the DSO188, which is an older fellow from like 2015 (Daniu/Fnirsi) and likely intended as a "proof of tiny-concept" at just 40 grams (Was around 20 bucks back then)  https://lygte-info.dk/review/Equipment%20Oscilloscope%20DANIU%20DSO188%20UK.html


The other handful of Fnirsi products, I purchased over the years, are also relatively cheap products under 50US.  but in general a positive experience, not least with their price in mind.
The Fnirsi product I have used the most is SG003A, as when working with Analog laser drivers (V) and PWM/TTL laser drivers. having that in a small programmable form factor, is quite convenient.
Been impressed how many features they packed into these process/signal meters.

SG-003A can also be handy if I wanna check single digits of mA and how well a given BNC clamp meter can decipher it.


(*9mA with a CC-65 current probe)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2025, 08:34:41 pm by DaneLaw »
 
The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2025, 05:51:45 pm »
The price of 240E is bold. Obviously, they haven't learned the digital trigger yet. Moreover, the trigger input is still missing. The question is the depth of the memory and its use. I write that it will be shipped in April. So I'm curious about the first normal review. Youtubers will rave about the colors, maybe someone will actually test how it works, for example with i2c bus displays and not waveforms from the built-in generator.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline Bud

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 7928
  • Country: ca
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2025, 07:22:41 pm »
Final nail in the coffin to Batronix Magnova series, they have to slash the price drastically. 
Yesh, Batronix is shaking in their boots.  :D
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.
 

Offline Kurt_!

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 283
  • Country: at
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2025, 05:53:56 pm »
Converted CC-65.....?
Oh...my English...
 

Offline ptluisTopic starter

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 727
  • Country: pt
Re: New oscilloscope from Fnirsi DPOS350P
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2025, 04:13:21 pm »
 It is not possible to operate this device with a mouse, so if you need this capability just forget.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->