Hello,
I have some questions regarding the maximum input voltage for the 1 MOhm input of the MXO5.
The spec sheet states that the maximum allowable voltage of 300 Vrms with 20 db/decade derates to 5 Vrms greater than or equal to 250khz.
At 1 MOhm with RT-ZP11 passive Probe for derating see RT-Zxx Standard Probes Specifications (PD 36.07.3851.22). The ZP11 is not (yet?) included in the version available to me, so I consulted the user manual for the ZP11.
As best I could from the small voltage derating diagram in the manual, I transferred the values for the ZP11 (orange color) and for the MXO5 (red color), as I understood the spec sheet, into a diagram on double logarithmic paper.
If it is true that only a maximum of 5 Vrms may be applied to the input of the MXO5 above 250 kHz, a measurement up to 300 Vrms would only be possible up to a maximum of 50 kHz with the ZP11 with a divider ratio of 10:1 and only a maximum of 50 Vrms would be permissible above 250 KHz, even if the probe itself can withstand more than 50 Vrms up to 25 MHz.
Compared to other oscilloscopes, this seems very low to me.
For comparison, I have also drawn the derating curves of the Tektronix 5 B Series (blue color) and the Batronix Magnova (green color) according to the specifications in the spec sheets.
For the Keysight HD3 (gray dashed line), the spec sheet only states that a maximum of 135 Vrms may be applied to the 1 MOhm input, without providing any information on the derating curve with increasing frequency. Is it really possible that this device can handle the full 135 Vrms over the entire frequency range?
I would be delighted if someone here could help me to understand this, because of course I don't want to blow the front end of my MXO5 under any circumstances.
Best Regards
Bernd