Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus  (Read 1772631 times)

0 Members and 81 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bdunham7

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 9435
  • Country: us
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4750 on: August 03, 2025, 03:33:23 pm »
Unfortunately, I noticed today that the timebase only changes once every two detents when turning the knob.

I installed an LJV encoder with 30 detents and 15 pulses, so I may have bought the wrong type — please don’t use my part as a reference.

That said, since it doesn’t affect usability too much, I’ve decided not to open it up again for now.

That actually might be an improvement.  Let us know how likeable or annoying this is. 
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.
 

Offline Wintel

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 56
  • Country: us
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4751 on: August 03, 2025, 10:23:58 pm »
SDS2354X Plus shows no signs of the @ with same OS and FW.

As Josh said, might be a font thing so try toggling between Small and Large in the Display/Window settings.
Failing that Recall a Factory Default and/or Security Erase.
Hi tautech,

Is there beta firmware for the SDS2000X Plus? Will there be a new official firmware soon with some new features?

 

Online tautechTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31971
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4752 on: August 03, 2025, 10:48:11 pm »
SDS2354X Plus shows no signs of the @ with same OS and FW.

As Josh said, might be a font thing so try toggling between Small and Large in the Display/Window settings.
Failing that Recall a Factory Default and/or Security Erase.
Hi tautech,

Is there beta firmware for the SDS2000X Plus? Will there be a new official firmware soon with some new features?
Nothing I can see on the Siglent private forum.

Latest is V1.6.2R5 with OS V5.4.0
You can get these here:
https://int.siglent.com/download/firmwares/?ProId=53

Do you have a feature request ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline Paul_GD

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: de
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4753 on: August 04, 2025, 12:12:14 am »
I remember you mentioning that Siglent had intentions to potentially bring the memor management feature to the 2000X Plus series in 2025, any updates on that?
 
The following users thanked this post: tautech, ozkarah

Offline BH3XON

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 41
  • Country: cn
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4754 on: August 04, 2025, 01:56:01 am »
In my case, I’m just too lazy to take it apart again — but honestly,

 I do think having the timebase step with every single detent would be more convenient.
 

Offline slugrustle

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 329
  • Country: us
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4755 on: September 03, 2025, 01:33:06 am »
I used the sequence mode and history function on this scope for the first time today, and it's really really cool.
 

Offline MathWizard

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2534
  • Country: ca
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4756 on: September 04, 2025, 05:10:52 pm »
1 thing that bugs me about my SDS2104Xplus, is all the free turning knobs, don't feel nearly as nice as on my other Siglent scopes. Compared to the SDS1204X-E or 804X-HD, they seem scratchy to turn, and a bit loose. On the 1204X-E, it's nice and smooth, and feels like it's gliding on oil, with what feels like more inertia. But on the 2104X+, it's like dragging something on a dusty floor, and the button is loose. I guess it's plastic on plastic, maybe even the shaft.

When the warranty wears out, how hard or expensive would it be to buy and replace these 4 free turning knobs ??
 

Online tautechTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31971
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4757 on: September 04, 2025, 07:42:57 pm »
1 thing that bugs me about my SDS2104Xplus, is all the free turning knobs, don't feel nearly as nice as on my other Siglent scopes. Compared to the SDS1204X-E or 804X-HD, they seem scratchy to turn, and a bit loose. On the 1204X-E, it's nice and smooth, and feels like it's gliding on oil, with what feels like more inertia. But on the 2104X+, it's like dragging something on a dusty floor, and the button is loose. I guess it's plastic on plastic, maybe even the shaft.

When the warranty wears out, how hard or expensive would it be to buy and replace these 4 free turning knobs ??
Encoder failures seem rare but they do happen.
Shaft play/wobble is common but does not seem to be an issue or related to failure.

Check out the POI list in the OP for encoder info.
You can follow member kcbrown's journey and encoder replacement from this post that I will add to this threads OP:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-electricalcomputer-engineer-student-test-bench-equipment-recommendations/msg4093888/#msg4093888
« Last Edit: September 04, 2025, 07:45:53 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 
The following users thanked this post: MathWizard

Offline ltarjanyi75

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 42
  • Country: hu
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4758 on: September 07, 2025, 09:25:06 pm »
Hi

I have an SDS2104x Plus with all the "upgrades" since about a year. So far without any issue.

Lately I get the following error message if I try to shutdown or reboot the device:
" There is not enough space left on this device to save the configuration, please use the file manager to clean up the local files!"

There aren't any local files in the file manager. Could someone help?

Latest Firmware (V1.6.2R5) and Operating System (V5.4.0) afaik.

Thanks!
 

Online tautechTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31971
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4759 on: September 07, 2025, 09:53:13 pm »
Hi

I have an SDS2104x Plus with all the "upgrades" since about a year. So far without any issue.

Lately I get the following error message if I try to shutdown or reboot the device:
" There is not enough space left on this device to save the configuration, please use the file manager to clean up the local files!"

There aren't any local files in the file manager. Could someone help?

Latest Firmware (V1.6.2R5) and Operating System (V5.4.0) afaik.

Thanks!
Please try and reinstall the OS first then the FW.
IIRC the OS install is done at boot unlike a FW install, please check the install instructions.
You can get them here:
https://int.siglent.com/download/firmwares/?ProId=53
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline ltarjanyi75

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 42
  • Country: hu
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4760 on: September 08, 2025, 06:34:57 am »
Hmm. It is worse now...

1. Tried to upgrade the OS, but starting with the OS upgrade files on the USB stick plugged in did not do anything. The scope just started normally. Tried several times with different USB sticks and sizes. (FAT32 formatted as in the instructions.)
2. Then tried to upgrade the firmware, but it failed to copy the files at about 90%.
3. Now the scope does not boot. It restarts after the siglent logo continuosly.
I guess in the second step I used up all the remaining storage...

How to proceed?

Thanks!
 

Online tautechTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31971
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4761 on: September 08, 2025, 06:38:36 am »
Hmm. It is worse now...

1. Tried to upgrade the OS, but starting with the OS upgrade files on the USB stick plugged in did not do anything. The scope just started normally. Tried several times with different USB sticks and sizes. (FAT32 formatted as in the instructions.)
2. Then tried to upgrade the firmware, but it failed to copy the files at about 90%.
3. Now the scope does not boot. It restarts after the siglent logo continuosly.
I guess in the second step I used up all the remaining storage...

How to proceed?

Thanks!
Remove the USB stick and boot.
It should now boot normally to where you can check the OS and FW version again.
If all seems well now update the FW then remove the USB stick before rebooting.
Tell me the outcome.


Scratch all that...
From my archives:
Make sure you have this version installed first:
https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/zip/firmware/Oscilloscope/SDS2000X%20Plus_V1.5.2R1_EN-2.zip

https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/zip/firmware/Oscilloscope/SDS2000X_Plus_OSV5.4.0_EN.zip
Use 8 or 32GB USB stick but not 16GB.
Follow other instructions in PDF.

Later update to:
https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/zip/firmware/Oscilloscope/SDS2000X%20Plus_V1.6.2R5_EN.zip
« Last Edit: September 08, 2025, 06:48:57 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 
The following users thanked this post: Deichgraf

Offline ltarjanyi75

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 42
  • Country: hu
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4762 on: September 08, 2025, 08:15:50 am »
Thanks tautech!

As I wrote I had the latest OS (V5.4.0) and firmware (V1.6.2R5) at the beginning. I did it in the past and hadn't got any problem for a long time.

But now the scope does not start so I cannot go into firmware update menu or anywhere else as written in the firmware update instruction PDF.
The device reboots itself continuously before starting up.

Can I force somehow to boot from some USB image and access the files on the scope to do some cleanup manually?
 

Online tautechTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31971
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4763 on: September 08, 2025, 08:29:30 am »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline KungFuJosh

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8295
  • Country: us
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4764 on: September 08, 2025, 02:16:31 pm »
You might be better off requesting the recovery package if the above doesn't help.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
Best Continuity Tester Ever
 

Offline ltarjanyi75

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 42
  • Country: hu
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4765 on: September 08, 2025, 04:26:12 pm »
Try this:
https://siglentna.com/operating-tip/oscilloscope-hardware-reset/
I have tried it without success. :(
Could someone share with me the mentioned recovery package and some instructions? I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!
 

Online tautechTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31971
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4766 on: September 08, 2025, 08:48:27 pm »
Try this:
https://siglentna.com/operating-tip/oscilloscope-hardware-reset/
I have tried it without success. :(
Could someone share with me the mentioned recovery package and some instructions? I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!
EU HQ is your nearest point of support, ask them for a USB recovery package.
https://www.siglenteu.com/contact-us/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline slugrustle

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 329
  • Country: us
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4767 on: September 16, 2025, 04:57:21 am »
I took a single shot measurement today with the SDS2000X+, and the waveform was a little off screen.  I adjusted the channel offset without taking new data, and the entire waveform showed up on the screen.  There was no truncation like when the waveform goes way off screen.

The scope must save data beyond ±4divs from the middle of the screen.  How far does it go?  The datasheet says the vertical range is 8 divisions, but it also says the internal trigger level range is ±4.1 divs from the center of the screen; maybe that's it?

On another occasion, I was using a very large channel offset to look at ringing on a high voltage waveform, and the scope would not trigger at all when I zoomed in too far vertically.  I'm curious why.  Maybe I maxed out the offset at that vertical setting?
 

Online tautechTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31971
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4768 on: September 16, 2025, 07:28:03 am »
I took a single shot measurement today with the SDS2000X+, and the waveform was a little off screen.  I adjusted the channel offset without taking new data, and the entire waveform showed up on the screen.  There was no truncation like when the waveform goes way off screen.

The scope must save data beyond ±4divs from the middle of the screen.  How far does it go? The datasheet says the vertical range is 8 divisions, but it also says the internal trigger level range is ±4.1 divs from the center of the screen; maybe that's it?

On another occasion, I was using a very large channel offset to look at ringing on a high voltage waveform, and the scope would not trigger at all when I zoomed in too far vertically.  I'm curious why.  Maybe I maxed out the offset at that vertical setting?
RTFM See Datasheet for Vertical System Offset Range....which varies depending on the V/div setting.
https://int.siglent.com/u_file/download/24_07_01/SDS2000X%20Plus_Datasheet_EN01D.pdf
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline Performa01

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1817
  • Country: at
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4769 on: September 16, 2025, 09:53:05 am »
The scope must save data beyond ±4divs from the middle of the screen.  How far does it go?  The datasheet says the vertical range is 8 divisions, but it also says the internal trigger level range is ±4.1 divs from the center of the screen; maybe that's it?
The Siglent SDS2000X Plus displays 30 LSB/div on the standard (not split) screen.
That means a total of 240 LSB as the sum for all 8 divisions.
Consequently, 256 – 240 = 16 LSB are left as headroom, 8 LSB on each screen border.

So we get 3.125% headroom at the top and bottom of the screen, or roughly 1/4 division.

On another occasion, I was using a very large channel offset to look at ringing on a high voltage waveform, and the scope would not trigger at all when I zoomed in too far vertically.  I'm curious why.  Maybe I maxed out the offset at that vertical setting?
Of course, the trigger level must be within the acquired data, i.e. the Trigger indicator must be visible somewhere on the screen – not outside, which is indicated by the trigger indicator pointing up or down instead to the left towards the wavefom.
 
The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, KungFuJosh, Martin72

Offline ltarjanyi75

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 42
  • Country: hu
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4770 on: October 08, 2025, 07:20:06 pm »
I had to send my unit for repair to SiglentEU. I received it back today.
Main board has been replaced. (Not any recovery package solved my issue, which was some storage access problem, either USB stick or local storage...)

Just to report back the result...
And thanks for the help anyway!
 

Offline Peter_O

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 485
  • Country: de
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4771 on: December 12, 2025, 06:25:06 pm »
Finally it´s done...

No need to cut off the connector from the original fan when you got the preciva crimp set... 8)

Reassembling the unit and turning it on - It works and.....silence is golden.. ;D

This solution is probably one of the best, but my warranty is now lost.

Other no warranty lost solution:

-Make your own connection cable as described before, so you could change back to the original fan without leaving any traces..
-Warm up the warranty-sign before open the case...
-Take the LNA (Deichgrafs post) instead of adding a pcb to reduce fan speed...

Martin
Martin, did your Scope survive the last years with that modification?
 

Offline Peter_O

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 485
  • Country: de
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4772 on: December 13, 2025, 06:10:01 pm »
Siglent SDS 2000x plus - No web server connection

My SDS 2104x Plus is running with latest 5.4.0 OS-Version and 1.6.2R5 firmware.

I'd like to use the remote operation via the webserver in my home network.
Browser shows an "connection failed refused" error when trying to connect to the IP via browser.

What I tried so far:
- read the forum and this thread
- nothing connected except LAN cable. No usb mouse or dongle either
- pinging the scope works in every configuration mentioned here
- SigScopeLab is able to connect
- DHCP (static) IP
- Local static IP
- different browsers
- disable all firewalls and webfilters, which btw. is not necessary to connect to the webserver of a 3D-Printer with duet3d board from same PC
- use different PC with different installation
- connect PC directly with scope via sigle LAN cable, no switch, no router
- power cylce scope
- reboot scope via menu
Edit: added:
- try the scope's LAN cable with a PC: surfing etc. is fine, cable ok
- use different LAN cable for scope
- saving screeshot from scope to network share works fine

Any idea?

THX Peter
« Last Edit: December 13, 2025, 06:31:51 pm by Peter_O »
 

Online tautechTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31971
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4773 on: December 13, 2025, 06:19:23 pm »
Siglent SDS 2000x plus - No web server connection

My SDS 2104x Plus is running with latest 5.4.0 OS-Version and 1.6.2R5 firmware.

I'd like to use the remote operation via the webserver in my home network.
Browser shows an "connection failed" error when trying to connect to the IP via browser.
...................

Any idea?

THX Peter
You'll need a local switch with a known good LAN cable.
IPCONFIG will give you your PC's IP and work from there.

Try using Auto DHCP to ensure scope is on the same subnet then adjust the IP to a preferred # to use with any/all connections to the scope.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2025, 06:21:33 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline Peter_O

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 485
  • Country: de
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #4774 on: December 13, 2025, 06:25:49 pm »
Siglent SDS 2000x plus - No web server connection

My SDS 2104x Plus is running with latest 5.4.0 OS-Version and 1.6.2R5 firmware.

I'd like to use the remote operation via the webserver in my home network.
Browser shows an "connection failed" error when trying to connect to the IP via browser.
...................

Any idea?

THX Peter
You'll need a local switch with a known good LAN cable.
Try using Auto DHCP to ensure you are on the same subnet then adjust the IP to a preferred #to use with any/all connections to the scope.

Hi Rob, thx for the quick reaction.

The IP connection is fine. As I wrote:
- scope answers to ping in every setting mentioned above
- SigScopeLab connects fine
Edit:
- saving screeshot from scope to network share works fine
« Last Edit: December 13, 2025, 06:33:36 pm by Peter_O »
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->