Author Topic: Siglent SDS7000A 3 and 4 GHz 12 bit DSO's  (Read 24827 times)

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Siglent SDS7000A 3 and 4 GHz 12 bit DSO's
« on: December 30, 2022, 08:04:14 am »
Released 15 Nov 2023

3 or 4 GHz BW
12-bit models.
Low noise floor: ~220 μVrms at 4 GHz bandwidth
15.6" touch display with mouse.
20 GSa/s max sampling rate.
500 Mpts/ch
32 Mpts FFT
CPU Intel Core i3-8100 or better
RAM 32 GB DDR4
Hard Disk 250 GB SSD or better
OS Linux

Supports measurement of USB2.0, SATA1, DDR1/2/3 and other signals
1Gpts Memory Depth Upgrade Option
OCXO option
50 MHz FG option
16ch MSO option
Optional decodes
Eye Diagram and Jitter Analysis Option
Power Analysis Option

Front panel
2x USB 3.0 Host,
Probe calibration signal: 1 kHz, 3 V square wave

Side panel
4x USB Host 3.1 Gen 1, 2x 1000M LAN (support VXI-11+SCPI, Telnet (port 5024)+SCPI, socket (port 5025) + SCPI programming, LXI, WebServer)
1x DVI-D: up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz, 1x DP 1.2: up to 4096x2304 @ 60Hz, 1x HDMI 1.4: up to
4096x2160 @ 60Hz
Mic input, Audio Output

Rear panel
USB 2.0 Device (support USBTMC)
External trigger input, EXT: ≤1.5 Vrms, EXT/5: ≤ 7.5Vrms
Auxiliary output: including TRIG OUT (3.3 V LVCMOS), PASS/FAIL OUT (3.3 V TTL)
Others: 10 MHz In, 10 MHz Out
https://int.siglent.com/products-overview/sds7000a/
https://siglentna.com/digital-oscilloscopes/sds7000a-digital-storage-oscilloscope/
https://www.siglenteu.com/digital-oscilloscopes/sds7000a-digital-storage-oscilloscope/

Will also support a new series of Siglent 5 GHz active probes:
SAP5000D series of active differential probes, which have a bandwidth of 5GHz, a rise time of 80ps, a differential input capacitance of 350fF, and an attenuation ratio of 10:1.

https://int.siglent.com/u_file/download/23_11_08/SDS7000A_Datasheet_EN01A.pdf
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 02:15:42 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Markus2801A, Bravo

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
Re: Siglent SDS7000A DSO's coming
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 09:22:14 am »
As I was writing this same, I noticed that you had already done it. Of course -- you have a time zone advantage due to your location.  :D   :D
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 09:42:58 am »
Oh, finally a scope everyone can afford... :D
Looks good.
Screensize: Waverunner 9000 got 15.6" too and it´s soo huge...
My favorite size is 12.1".
Prices...Hmm.
2Ghz 6000A will costs appx 11900€ incl. VAT, the 7000A won´t be cheaper. 8)
So it will be a nice to know that siglent could also offer pro-scopes.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 10:35:24 am »
So, NeZha finally arrived?

The following users thanked this post: tautech, 2N3055, luudee

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 10:47:59 am »
time for a new, more restricted, owner club ?

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 11:32:48 am »

Martin,

Stay away from the light!

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 11:41:19 am »
 :-DD

Don't worry my friend, if a few more features come along for my current scope, I don't see a single reason to switch.
Besides, if I seriously wanted to spend more than XYZ on a meter, others would have the men with the white jacket come for me.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 11:57:49 am »
, others would have the men with the white jacket come for me.

Thank God others exist!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh, Martin72

Offline Kenneth Rosenstroem

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 01:18:04 pm »

Offline baldurn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 01:38:17 pm »
Some pictures here: http://www.utestek.com/product/1302.html

They even made it Rigol colored! Sadly they will match the price of Rigol DS70504 20 GSa/s oscilloscope too (30k €).

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 06:59:40 pm »

They even made it Rigol colored!
That got me immediately ! Why Siglent would follow HPAK, LeCroy and Rigol with a dark color scheme IDK.  :-//

Sadly they will match the price of Rigol DS70504 20 GSa/s oscilloscope too (30k €).
In case you hadn't noticed a few Siglent products when fully optioned are already nudging 30k in whatever currency.
Put the new Siglent analyser and matching RF gen together and it's pushing 40k but still a good bit cheaper than one from HPAK.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 10:02:57 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline danils

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2022, 11:18:45 pm »
I have a consideration, please don't misunderstand me.
I currently own the SDS2104X HD I fell in love with (I sold my Keysight for this), I have a Siglent multimeter on my office bench, I have a Siglent power supply and I am ordering a Siglent function generator. So I am a fan :P and I consider them wonderful equipment for my daily duties that is testing LED power supplies.

But...

When it comes to top professionals or critical application, especially in the price tag I think this new Siglent scope will fall, I think we are forced to follow the trend and display a Keysight or Tek or Lecroy badge on the attached print screens. Like when I worked on audio I had to have an Audio Precision badge on my print screens despite there are great audio analysers from other brands too, that sometimes are even better than AP in my experience (R&S, Spectral Measurements (formerly Prism Audio), etc.).

Now I think that some companies, large ones, think about Tesla testing their motor inverters or Honeywell testing avionics and so on, probably need to show a "top brand" badge on their papers.

Not random that on my Siglent equipment calibration sheets the devices used for calibration are Agilent etc. lol.

So I think it's quite risky for Siglent aiming at a top end niche were players that basically invented the oscilloscope dominate already. Let's suppose that a "big brand" oscope with the same specs costs twice the Siglent, I think big companies with large budget still have a "marketing" need to choose the big brands.

Yet this new Siglent scope is surely out of budget for small companies and hobbyists.

edit: maybe it can be a great resource for embargoed countries, USA cannot sell technology to  ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 11:26:09 pm by danils »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, mairo

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2022, 11:37:30 pm »
Hi,
I know exactly what you mean.
But in my eyes, this is the logical next step for Siglent.
Whether they will join the elite circle depends on several parameters.
Quality, technical maturity, stable software and features that the professional competition does not offer at this price.
And even all that is of no use if you can't convince customers to switch.
In addition to the above-mentioned things, service is an absolute must.
In the meantime, we also have Siglent scopes at work, calibrated externally and in use for customer acceptance tests.
Otherwise, we have had LeCroy and Tektronix over the decades.
But we've been surprised at how well the Siglents have done, and we won't be the only ones.
AND:
Unlike the other big brands, siglent still has the low cost division that benefits from the lessons learned in developing the big scopes not affordable to amateurs.
Currently you can see it very well in the SDS2000X+ model.
If the larger series experience an update, it will also get that, provided that the hardware makes it.

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2022, 11:42:51 pm »
That got me immediately ! Whey Siglent would follow HPAK, LeCroy and Rigol with a dark color scheme IDK.  :-//
No, no, no .. they made it Hantek colored! :-DD
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2022, 11:52:34 pm »
Yet this new Siglent scope is surely out of budget for small companies and hobbyists.
There are some well healed hobbyists around here that flaunt $30K scopes that do not remotely meet the specs quoted above.  They might be a market.  A small one, but a market.  It may also appeal to companies that do not have to prove or divulge who makes their test equipment but want decent specs for a reasonable price.  We'll have to see what that price is to beging with, but in the end you may be right.  At least until Siglent make some decent on-roads into industry.  That begs the question, is there room for another top tier brand at the table?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 01:01:57 am by BillyO »
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2022, 12:32:11 am »
12-bit/10-bit models. As yet unknown if these will be available to the west.

It would be it´s death here before it´s born, no joke.
In this (expected) pricerange every scope is 12 bit or higher.

Offline baldurn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2022, 02:16:51 am »
When it comes to top professionals or critical application, especially in the price tag I think this new Siglent scope will fall, I think we are forced to follow the trend and display a Keysight or Tek or Lecroy badge on the attached print screens. Like when I worked on audio I had to have an Audio Precision badge on my print screens despite there are great audio analysers from other brands too, that sometimes are even better than AP in my experience (R&S, Spectral Measurements (formerly Prism Audio), etc.).

It may clearly be out of range in the typical HAM hobby budget but it fits well for startups and internal use within companies where cost still matters. I have experience founding a startup and let me tell you, the savings on that one instrument could easily be several years of rent for the office space or half a year of salary for the employee that is going to use it.

All depending on that they are actually going to price it significantly cheaper (half price) of the competing big name brands. If they would try to be just a little cheaper, it might even be more expensive to lease due to worse resale value.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2022, 04:16:29 am »
That begs the question, is there room for another top tier brand at the table?
Why wouldn't there be, just why ?

Each brand has something the other doesn't offer and that's how it's always been and the only time that becomes a problem is when the money people chose equipment for the techs.  :horse:

Take a moment to properly consider the changes in this industry in the last 5 years let alone the last 10.
Have the top brands really indicated to any of us they are up for the challenge from the east or have they sat on their chuffs and watch their grass get mown.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2022, 05:17:05 am »
Why wouldn't there be, just why ?

Oh Rob, you know as well as I do.  You read the posts here.  Some one asks for a good meter under $100 and within 10 posts there is someone suggesting they buy a Fluke 87V.

Back when I first started out the answer was a Simpson 260 (which BTW is still made and about the same price as s Fluke 87V).

You know I'm a dyed in the wool Siglent fan (even being a genuine greybeard) but I realize the nonsense that goes on, the same nonsense that makes people pay $199/ft. for magic speaker cable.

People are stuck in self defeating ruts.  "Muh daddy sayus buy a Tek Tutron'hicks so my's gona buy's a Tek.   :palm:

Okay, that might have gone a tad far, but you get the picture.  Tek make good stuff (at least they used to .. ignoring the "3 series") for certain applications .. the same for HPAK and R&S, but it seems they have lost the connection to the grass roots.

Some idiots still buy Harley Davison bikes, even though they are (endlessly) proven to be utter shite.

We live in a world where there are 2 (count then) flat earth societies.   :-// :scared: :palm: :palm: :palm:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 05:22:54 am by BillyO »

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2022, 06:29:55 am »
This is truly one scope for the masses  :D
Ok it is a PC with an acquisition card instead of being all integrated with an application processor. What does it bring to the table?
UI slowing down a little less when multiple functions are activated?
will it be able to run other applications alongside the main scope context?
I thought other models (since the SDS5000X) all ran linux, was i wrong?
which lecroy is going to be here in the west?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2022, 06:34:24 am »
I thought other models (since the SDS5000X) all ran linux, was i wrong?
No you were not wrong.

Consider it a plain statement from Siglent this PC based DSO does NOT run Windoze.
Make of that what you will as YMMV.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline gslick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2022, 07:05:20 am »
Waiting for someone here to "buy" an SDS7404A H12 from Amazon and spend two weeks testing every feature, and writing full reviews, and posting YouTube videos, before returning it two weeks later :-DD

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2023, 09:07:31 am »
Not random that on my Siglent equipment calibration sheets the devices used for calibration are Agilent etc. lol.
Highly intended of course to give some validity to the accuracy/quality of calibration.
Actually that's a good thread topic, what brands of equipment are used for Siglent equipment factory calibration ?
So I think it's quite risky for Siglent aiming at a top end niche were players that basically invented the oscilloscope dominate already.

Do you imply the A brands have market dominance from inventing oscilloscopes ?
Let me give you a little history lesson:
Karl Ferdinand Braun invented the CRT oscilloscope as a physics curiosity in 1897....... and electromechanical plotting devices were around a few years earlier:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_oscilloscope
Let's suppose that a "big brand" oscope with the same specs costs twice the Siglent, I think big companies with large budget still have a "marketing" need to choose the big brands.
They do but are slowly seeing the light.  ;)
What industry and marketing experience has you offer such a statement ?
Hobbyists certainly but there are some very clever small companies doing leading edge stuff the world over and they get to a point when they need high performance equipment at competitive pricing.
edit: maybe it can be a great resource for embargoed countries, USA cannot sell technology to  ;D
Well of course, Siglent is already a worldwide brand and also not always badged as Siglent so even examining the Siglent website maps and 'How to Buy'/Authorized Partners lists doesn't reveal actual marketplace penetration.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2023, 04:18:35 pm »
I currently own the SDS2104X HD I fell in love with (I sold my Keysight for this), I have a Siglent multimeter on my office bench, I have a Siglent power supply and I am ordering a Siglent function generator. So I am a fan :P and I consider them wonderful equipment for my daily duties that is testing LED power supplies.

But...

Now I think that some companies, large ones, think about Tesla testing their motor inverters or Honeywell testing avionics and so on, probably need to show a "top brand" badge on their papers.

In many cases true but - world is changing.

Currently, some users of Siglent devices include, for example (bit old list) including also your named Tesla :
(and of course lots of smaller companies)

Nokia, Cisco, Ericsson, Samsung, LG, ZTE, Broadcom, Hytera, FiberHome.

Tesla, BMW, Toyota, Siemens, BYD, Yaskawa, Desay SV automotive, Mitsubishi Electric, L.B.N.

TexasInstruments, Intel, Linear, Broadcom, Microchip, Realtek, GE Imagination atwork, NXP, Allwinner, ETS-Lindgren

Microsoft, Google, Toyota, Apple, Sharp, Haier, Microchip, Dji, Skyworth, Asus.

Harward University, Princeton University, University of Cambridge, Stanfor University, Massachusets Institute of Technology,
Tsinghua University, Peking University, Zhejiang University, University of Science  and Technology of China, Fudan University
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Offline markone

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2023, 11:33:02 pm »

But...

In many cases true but - world is changing.

Currently, some users of Siglent devices include, for example (bit old list) including also your named Tesla :
(and of course lots of smaller companies)

Nokia, Cisco, Ericsson, Samsung, LG, ZTE, Broadcom, Hytera, FiberHome.

Tesla, BMW, Toyota, Siemens, BYD, Yaskawa, Desay SV automotive, Mitsubishi Electric, L.B.N.

TexasInstruments, Intel, Linear, Broadcom, Microchip, Realtek, GE Imagination atwork, NXP, Allwinner, ETS-Lindgren

Microsoft, Google, Toyota, Apple, Sharp, Haier, Microchip, Dji, Skyworth, Asus.

Harward University, Princeton University, University of Cambridge, Stanfor University, Massachusets Institute of Technology,
Tsinghua University, Peking University, Zhejiang University, University of Science  and Technology of China, Fudan University

But certainly not as an exclusive supplier, especially now that the U.S. is further restricting shipments to China of strategic electronic devices and this is not helping chinese brands to gain trust in high-tech companies in the west world.

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2023, 12:36:58 am »
Looks good.

I'm holding out for 17 inches!  Heck, that's not even so common in laptops anymore. 

Prices...Hmm.

Wow!  Far above my needs.  What the world needs is a good 5¢ cigar... I mean, a good $500 attached oscilloscope.  I'd much rather have a small unit I can put in my computer bag than a box that needs it's own bag on the airplane. 
Rick C.  --  Puerto Rico is not a country... It's part of the USA
  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2023, 12:41:34 am »

I can't quite make out that connector that looks like a DB9 or an HD15.  I don't think it's three rows, so a serial port???  Why would there be a serial port?  I guess that's a COTS motherboard, eh?  So you get some dross with the bits you want.

Offline markone

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2023, 01:20:26 am »

I can't quite make out that connector that looks like a DB9 or an HD15.  I don't think it's three rows, so a serial port???  Why would there be a serial port?  I guess that's a COTS motherboard, eh?  So you get some dross with the bits you want.

It's a COM port, motherboard should be an old 1151 chinese market commercial mini-itx board, given the price category of the instrument it would have been better to adopt a more recent platform with a more powerful processor.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2023, 01:32:36 am »
Looks good.

I'm holding out for 17 inches!  Heck, that's not even so common in laptops anymore. 
Why stop at 17 ?  :P
With:
1x DVI-D: up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz, 1x DP 1.2: up to 4096x2304 @ 60Hz, 1x HDMI 1.4: up to 4096x2160 @ 60Hz
you could go to three 60" or larger, maybe stand them all on end and let the video driver treat them as a single display......wonderful for conferences and seminars.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2023, 02:29:09 am »
...wonderful for conferences and seminars.  :)
Or Mr. Magoo.

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2023, 10:33:04 am »
Looks good.

Why stop at 17 ?  :P
With:
1x DVI-D: up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz, 1x DP 1.2: up to 4096x2304 @ 60Hz, 1x HDMI 1.4: up to 4096x2160 @ 60Hz
you could go to three 60" or larger, maybe stand them all on end and let the video driver treat them as a single display......wonderful for conferences and seminars.  :)

I'd much rather have a small unit I can put in my computer bag than a box that needs it's own bag on the airplane. 

Oddly enough, some computer makers have 15.3 inch screens and 16 inch screens, but are dropping the 17 inch screens.  I can't see the use case for adding 0.7 inches to a computer screen. 

I need a new machine.  My current one is not much over a year old, but it craps out and simply loses all power periodically.  If I play with it a while, I can get it back up, but it's very reminiscent of running Windows 95, and it's kicking my PTSD into overdrive.

I want a decent keyboard that still has functional arrow keys and the numeric keypad.  The only 17 inch laptop Lenovo sells has a touch pad like a cell phone instead of a number pad.  WTF???

Offline Domitronic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2023, 02:14:40 pm »

Screenshots of the chinese datasheet translated by deepL:

Offline Domitronic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2023, 02:16:50 pm »

Offline Domitronic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2023, 02:18:37 pm »

Offline Domitronic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2023, 02:19:37 pm »

Offline robert.rozee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2023, 02:37:07 pm »
what if Siglent launched the base model at a hobbyist-friendly $3000 price point, with said hobbyist still able to turn on all the options using a publicly available bit of python code? this may be sufficient to significantly disrupt the whole top end of the market. bear in mind that the actual parts cost per unit (ignoring R&D) may not be very high.

perhaps it is intended to be Hantek black... a 'salute' to the top end of the market. will be interesting to see.

cheers,
rob   :-)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2023, 06:32:18 pm »

To get an idea how big 15.4" is in real, I´ve placed three scopes with different screen sizes in a row.

You don't really want to have 17"... 8)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Markus2801A

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2023, 07:39:28 pm »
Oh yes I do (thumps fist on table) and will need much much larger when the SDS6000L arrives soon.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2023, 08:23:42 pm »

To get an idea how big 15.4" is in real, I´ve placed three scopes with different screen sizes in a row.

That was tongue in cheek.   I want an attached oscilloscope to use with my 17 inch laptop. 

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2023, 08:35:29 pm »
I want an attached oscilloscope to use with my 17 inch laptop.
4, 8 or up to 512 channels ?
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds6000l-2ghz-12bit-8-ch-(china-only)/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2023, 09:00:18 pm »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds6000l-2ghz-12bit-8-ch-(china-only)/

4 channels with 16 synchronized digital would be very nice.  But I'm not moving to China to buy it.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2023, 09:12:06 pm »

4 channels with 16 synchronized digital would be very nice.  But I'm not moving to China to buy it.
You won't need to, predicted release to western markets was Q4 22 but that might run to CNY in a couple weeks, IDK.
They should be released soon and I saw one in his private lab while video chatting to the NA sales manager a few days ago.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2023, 09:27:33 pm »
8 bit for the west, again ?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2023, 09:35:54 pm »
8 bit for the west, again ?
Good question !
Sorry didn't ask.  :(
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2023, 09:48:56 pm »
Hopefully not 8 bit only.
If Lecroy should be the reason, the two should talk again.

[spoiler]To be honest, I played "back then" with the thoughts to buy the 6000 (No kidding, the HD I could buy ad hoc, for the 6000 I would have waited a bit and saved).
But spending so much money and then still having 8bit, that was an absolute showstopper and I didn't want to switch to another brand.[/spoiler]

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2023, 10:39:08 pm »
Hopefully not 8 bit only.
If Lecroy should be the reason, the two should talk again.

[spoiler]To be honest, I played "back then" with the thoughts to buy the 6000 (No kidding, the HD I could buy ad hoc, for the 6000 I would have waited a bit and saved).
But spending so much money and then still having 8bit, that was an absolute showstopper and I didn't want to switch to another brand.[/spoiler]
Why, in its price point SDS6000A is hard to beat, 12", 5 GSa/s on each channel, 500 Mpts mem depth and memory management tools like in your HD.
That's why it can honestly state it's a 2 GHz DSO with all channels active.

Bits vs BW is always going to be a choice which depends on needs.
Is the 6kA HW between east and west models really different or is it just done SW ?  :-//
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2023, 10:56:09 pm »
The first thing my colleagues do is to reduce the memory depth.... ;)
It slows the system down - Nothing for unpatient users..

Is the 6kA HW between east and west models really different or is it just done SW ? 

Have we ever seen a teardown...AFAIK not.

The following users thanked this post: Someone, egonotto

Offline jjoonathan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2023, 01:30:58 am »
> If Lecroy should be the reason, the two should talk again.

I thought Siglent was using LeCroy's 12 bit ADC in all these 12 bit scopes. If so, they cannot simply "talk again," because the whole point of the agreement from LeCroy's perspective was to monetize downmarket without hurting upmarket sales. Letting Siglent use LeCroy ADCs to compete in the West with LeCroy would be tantamount to LeCroy punching themselves in the face.

Offline luudee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2023, 04:56:38 pm »

Dear Friends,

what is your take on the SDS7000A  vs  R&S MXO4 (  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/first-picture-on-eevblog-of-the-new-rs-mxo4-series-oscilloscope-)/  )   ?

I am very excited to see the SDS7000, assuming it will have a faster UI, since it is using a I3.

Please share your opinion and EWAGs !

Thank you all !
luudee

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2023, 10:48:56 pm »

Dear Friends,

what is your take on the SDS7000A  vs  R&S MXO4 (  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/first-picture-on-eevblog-of-the-new-rs-mxo4-series-oscilloscope-)/  )   ?

I am very excited to see the SDS7000, assuming it will have a faster UI, since it is using a I3.

Please share your opinion and EWAGs !

Thank you all !
luudee

New Siglent will be 4 GHz design with 20GS/s sampling by the look of it.. So vastly different class than MXO4..
As for other features, it is not yet released so we don't know yet...

The following users thanked this post: luudee

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2023, 11:04:59 pm »

And with 4 cores and 3.6Ghz not the badest one.
Before we bought the waverunner and the HDO6034A (both with i5 cpu), we got a hdo4000 (intel i3) on loan for two weeks.
The scopes based on a pc platform are simply in a different league in terms of overall performance.
I work with the HDO6034A almost every day and everything is so smooth, so fast, it has 8(!) math channels, until now I had 4 of them running at the same time and nothing has changed in speed, just great.
Last weekend at home on my HD I had 2(.... :P ) math channels active at the same time (both with FFT) and a few readings in the display.
Well... ;)
You get what you paid for, even if it wasn't exactly little.
(Not to mention the unspeakable slowdown of the entire system when the Bode Plot is active).
But such comparisons bring you back down to earth when you think spending more money isn't necessary. 8)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, luudee

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2023, 07:40:05 am »

It also allows for more history waveforms :) i do it for both reasons. scope set at 12.5MPts, unless i need the samplerate at lower timebases

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2023, 07:59:39 am »

It also allows for more history waveforms :) i do it for both reasons. scope set at 12.5MPts, unless i need the samplerate at lower timebases
SDS5000X right Jack ?
Have you not installed recent firmware that allows setting of a fixed sample rate ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2023, 12:40:27 pm »

SDS5000X right Jack ?
Have you not installed recent firmware that allows setting of a fixed sample rate ?

Yes. I did, but i don't care for the function. I've always been content in how the scope operated out of the box and i'm used to it. I tried the other memory management modes but failed to find a scenario in which either would be an advantage over the Max Memory we all know and love (or a big enough advantage that i bother going through the menu to find the optimal setting from time to time)

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop, Performa01, tautech, 2N3055, Martin72

Online Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2023, 04:32:55 pm »

SDS5000X right Jack ?

Yes. I did, but i don't care for the function. I've always been content in how the scope operated out of the box and i'm used to it. I tried the other memory management modes but failed to find a scenario in which either would be an advantage over the Max Memory we all know and love (or a big enough advantage that i bother going through the menu to find the optimal setting from time to time)

Your initial statement was very clear. You stick to 12.5 Mpts memory except when you really need longer captures = slow timebase settings where the samplerate drops below your requirement for the acquisition bandwidth. So what you want is sufficient samplerate rather than constant samplerate - the latter is only useful in some very special cases, e.g. where the scope bandwidth depends on the samplerate in a less familiar way, such as in ERES mode.

That's what generally is considered best practice, as 10-14 Mpts is some magic region for all scopes based on that current Zync platform... ;)

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2023, 06:16:44 pm »

SDS5000X right Jack ?

Your initial statement was very clear. You stick to 12.5 Mpts memory except when you really need longer captures = slow timebase settings where the samplerate drops below your requirement for the acquisition bandwidth. So what you want is sufficient samplerate rather than constant samplerate - the latter is only useful in some very special cases, e.g. where the scope bandwidth depends on the samplerate in a less familiar way, such as in ERES mode.

That's what generally is considered best practice, as 10-14 Mpts is some magic region for all scopes based on that current Zync platform... ;)

the ERES hint gave me an idea, i'm still waiting for digital filters on the math (or on the input) channels, probably i can combine fixed sampling with ERES so i can achieve a low pass filter i can control
Did not know of this magic region but yes, 12.5Mpts proved to be a good compromize between enough samples (helps with SENT/CAN decoders at the standard frequencies) and UI Speed

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2023, 08:14:41 pm »
i'm still waiting for digital filters on the math (or on the input) channels

You got a 5000X, right ?

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2023, 09:09:31 pm »
Argh, good morning... ::) 8)

OK, so I guess filters will come with one of the next firmware updates(memory management as a kind of prerequisite has it already).

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2023, 11:17:58 pm »

Me too.
"Growing up" with Lecroy scopes (93XX, waverunner LT, wavesurfer, waverunner 9000, HDO) I had never missed anything in that direction.
So the discussion about the memory was new to me when I entered the forum here. ;)
Should I use the new filter function(on my 2000HD), this could change, but even then I don't need to worry, because the scope takes care of that for me - Even if it first asks whether it should change... 8)
(With my two private Rigol Scopes Auto-Memory was the default setting, that will have its reasons).

« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 12:18:05 am by Martin72 »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2023, 05:39:11 am »
Inside SDS7000A

Think about it.... 
On December 28, 2022, Siglent released two new products: SDS7000A digital oscilloscope and SFA8001 front-end amplifier chip.

SDS7000A is the first 4GHz bandwidth, 12-bit high-resolution digital oscilloscope in China, which raises the domestic high-resolution oscilloscope to a new height and fills the domestic gap in related fields! SFA8001 is the first self-developed oscilloscope front-end amplifier chip with a bandwidth of 8GHz released in China! The chip laid a solid foundation for the research and development of Siglent's 8GHz and subsequent higher bandwidth oscilloscopes.
It is expected that in the near future, a new generation of Siglent digital oscilloscope equipped with self-developed chips will meet with you. At the same time, the development of SFA8001 has also accumulated experience in the development of 16GHz bandwidth amplifier chips.

Siglent's first self-developed chip SFA8001
Amplifier chip: the core of the analog front-end circuit The three core chips inside the digital oscilloscope are: the front-end amplifier chip,
the ADC chip and the digital signal processing chip. Each of these three chips has its own role and has a direct impact on the performance of the oscilloscope.

As the first self-developed oscilloscope front-end amplifier dedicated chip of Siglent, SFA8001 has a high bandwidth of 8GHz and a low noise density of 1.9nV/√Hz, which can help oscilloscopes observe faster and smaller signals.

Self-developed chips: the only way to develop localization
Siglent's chip self-research road is rooted in product design needs, rather than the "muscle show" of corporate strength.
High-bandwidth front-end amplifier chips are difficult to directly implement through board-level circuits, and chipization is an inevitable trend. As one of the three core chips of oscilloscopes, the front-end amplifier chip is different from the ADC chip and the digital signal processing chip, and its application area is narrow and the design requirements are high, so it is difficult to purchase directly in the market.
Not only that, as a dedicated chip, the front-end amplifier chip often needs to be optimized according to the actual oscilloscope design when designing the circuit to better meet the product performance. Therefore, in the field of high-end oscilloscopes, analog front-end chips often exist in the form of self-developed by each oscilloscope manufacturer.

After that the next step is 16GHz...and so on...

The Emperor is far and the sky is high...run your own paths in freedom and fly higher...

Siglent, stock code: 688112.SH, Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 05:41:59 am by rf-loop »

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, tautech, 2N3055, luudee

Offline luudee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2023, 04:06:28 am »

Any pricing info yet ?

luudee

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2023, 11:53:24 pm »
Hi Rob,

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-hdo1000-and-hdo4000-12bit-oscilloscopes-launched-in-china/msg4708985/#msg4708985

To stop offtopic there...

In my opinion, the gap between the 2000X HD and the 7000A is too wide in terms of offering 12bit scopes for the western market.
I strongly expect the 7000A to cost at least 10000, it is a different league where it will play together with the 12 bit scopes from lecroy and Tek.
There is nothing in between the two extremes.
The 2000X HD is very good, I need to know that for various reasons. 8)
But if you want a bigger screen, for example, or more math channels, as well as increased general performance, but don't want to drop back to 8 bit, you won't find it at Siglent.
I don't know if it's smart to leave the field to other brands in the western market.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2023, 11:48:33 pm »
Listed on the chinese website:

https://www.siglent.com/products-overview/sds7000a/

100,000,000 Wfm/s ??   :o
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 11:50:41 pm by Martin72 »

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2023, 12:12:38 am »

Hello,

and "Low noise floor: only 4 μVrms at 220 GHz bandwidth"

I think they mean 220 μVrms at 4 GHz

Best regards
egonotto

« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 12:17:20 am by egonotto »

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2023, 12:14:41 am »
 ;D

You´re right, it must be a failure in the description.
But apart from that, nice scope..
And only siglent knows why they´re offering two vertical resolution models. ::)

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2023, 12:31:39 am »
;D

You´re right, it must be a failure in the description.
But apart from that, nice scope..

Hello,
yes very nice scope and I think they mean 220 μVrms at 4 GHz.

Cleverscope CS328A even had three different resolutions on offer:

"CS328A   4M Samples, 10 bit sampler, 8 digital inputs, USB I/O
  The CS328 can be upgraded to 8M memory and 12 or 14 bit dual channel sampler, plus signal generator."

Red Pitaya was also once available with 10 or 14 bit

Best regards
egonotto

« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 12:39:05 am by egonotto »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2023, 12:42:58 am »

:-//
Me thinks you need use a different translator:
main features
Bandwidth: 4GHz, 3GHz, 2GHz
Memory depth: up to 1Gpts/channel
Vertical resolution: 12-bit /10-bit
Real-time sampling rate: up to 20 GSa/s
Waveform capture rate: up to 1 million frames per second
Low noise floor: as low as 220 μVrms at 4 GHz bandwidth
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2023, 06:08:40 am »

I know there is peoples who do not think money because from wall you can get more but there is still peoples and companies who may think also money...

But still we can see one single bit more do not double price but it doubles resolution.
And even more, here we get 2 bits more and we get quadruple resolution with same frequency bandwidth and samplerate.

It is totally different case if we reduce  samplerate (and BW) when we rise resolution. This is why.
Not because they just want to be uncomfortable.

Of course, everyone also understands how the market works, as well as why pay more if you don't need more.

12 bit, SDS6204 H12 Pro   2 GHz,  ¥229,880  Normal model
10 bit, SDS6204 H10 Pro   2 GHz,  ¥139,880  Economy model

The same realities are affecting the model SDS7kA as well.
and this 100 xxxx/s  need translates as 100*10000 and all who understand chinese numbering system and these "words" know it. But some translators perhaps not. When chinese say something what heards somehow as "millon" it is 10k (10000) and many times example prices are told in "millons" example in house markets. It is 10k not 1M.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 06:16:59 am by rf-loop »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2023, 06:14:20 am »

Microsoft Edge translating... |O

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2023, 06:51:31 am »

Microsoft Edge translating... |O
I find this very useful to decypher info from newly discovered products:
https://translate.google.com/

You can Copy/Paste can't you ?  :P
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Sighound36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2023, 10:57:28 am »
I'd be up for trying the 4ghz 12 bit models, have some budget left over after the recent home lab 4Ghz Wavepro HD that would be the model to go head to head with.
Seeking quality measurement equipment at realistic cost with proper service backup. If you pay peanuts you employ monkeys.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2023, 04:25:35 pm »
12 bit, SDS6204 H12 Pro   2 GHz,  ¥229,880  Normal model(appx 32183€
10 bit, SDS6204 H10 Pro   2 GHz,  ¥139,880  Economy model(appx 19443€
The prices...Then I don´t want to know the ones for the 7000..
And then there is the 8 bit model here fore really less money than the 10 bit "Economy model" (appx 9980€ for the 2Ghz)  ???
It's hard to believe that all three ADCs are pin-compatible with each other, so they would have to have different layouts.
Apart from this, for 19000€ or 32000€ I could get a state of the art scope from lecroy

Offline TomKatt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2023, 04:40:39 pm »
Stupid question from a 200 Mhz hobbyist...  What are you folks doing that requires 7-8 Ghz bandwidths?  Can you give an example of where you need that level of gear?

I imagine that just setting up a probing solution at those frequencies is an art unto itself.
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a PIC

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2023, 05:42:29 pm »
Just for example:

DDR3 electrical testing and timing analysis requires a 6 Series MSO oscilloscope with a recommended bandwidth of 8 GHz to cover entire range of DDR3 speed grades. However, for signal integrity testing and debug, a minimum bandwidth of 4 GHz would suffice most of the user's needs.

https://download.tek.com/datasheet/DDR3-and-LPDDR3-Measurement-and-Analysis-Software-on-6-Series-MSO-Datasheet-55W614702.pdf

The following users thanked this post: TomKatt

Offline Sighound36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2023, 06:40:58 pm »
Ethernet 1000base etc/DDR/TDR and the dual Spectrum II app is a nice as well SMPS testing with the DL-ISO Probe, FPGA' rail noise plus some emc immumity testing. The Waverunner HD is actually great for audio and power supply testing 200Mhz is really all you need for that.

I'm up for doing a back to back on the bigger BW Siglent 7000, haven't had a scope shoot out in a while, trying to accquire one of the new R&S 12 bits units. Though a few of the chaps I know with them have reported a few bugs that need ironing out shall we say, but are complimentry other wise

We have been that busy I haven't even unboxed the new  Wavepro HD yet, will rectify that this weekend  :palm:

Seeking quality measurement equipment at realistic cost with proper service backup. If you pay peanuts you employ monkeys.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2023, 10:57:08 pm »
Hi,

Pushing this thread...
Is there any news about the progress of the SDS7000A ?
I am very curious about the targeted prices for it.
We had paid close to 14000€ in 2019 for a Lecroy HDO6034A (intel i5 cpu, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Windows 10), 12 bit native resolution and decoder/analyzer options....

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2023, 05:45:15 am »
Hi,

Pushing this thread...
Is there any news about the progress of the SDS7000A ?
I am very curious about the targeted prices for it.
We had paid close to 14000€ in 2019 for a Lecroy HDO6034A (intel i5 cpu, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Windows 10), 12 bit native resolution and decoder/analyzer options....
Means nothing unless we know the model CPU.  :P

Looking up the one stated to be used in SDS7000A gives a CPU Benchmark of 6162.
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i3-8100+%40+3.60GHz&id=3103
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2023, 10:40:53 pm »
Means nothing unless we know the model CPU.

Rob....Seriously ? ;)
The minimum configuration in lecroy pc-based scopes is a i5 4 core cpu with 3.2Ghz, except the hdo4000 series which got the lower i3 class onboard.
Btw, it is interesting that siglent is using a 6 year old cpu in their current scope under development - chances are that this cpu will be obsolete before the scope is released.
But if they have bought enough of them... ;)
Either way, it will definitely be a "pro" scope, at "pro" prices.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2023, 12:40:14 am »
Means nothing unless we know the model CPU.

Rob....Seriously ? ;)
The minimum configuration in lecroy pc-based scopes is a i5 4 core cpu with 3.2Ghz, except the hdo4000 series which got the lower i3 class onboard.
This ^ you did not say however it means little unless we know the exact model CPU used so we can benchmark it.  ;)

I run i3, i5 and i7 CPU's in benchtops that unless they are heavily loaded you cannot spot the differences in performance as they all boot W10 from a SSD. The best benchmark of which is a i7 in a tiny mini PC, a ASROCK Jupiter however it runs M.2 SSD, faster than any SATA memory.

I suspect a modern DSO design running a multiple core CPU is unlikely to suffer much in they way of performance hits running any of the above CPU's. IMO reliability, CPU heat generated and fan noise is of greater concern.

I look forward to seeing the developers choice of HW in action.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 12:41:48 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2023, 07:35:34 am »
Shahriar has a quick peek at this model at IEEE Microwave Symposium 2023.
https://youtu.be/JmB1Exhz1HQ?t=1375
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, 2N3055, Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2023, 09:22:05 pm »
I'm really curious to see how much it will end up costing.
I came to Siglent "back then" because I wanted to have good quality at an affordable price - and I can't afford a Lecroy.
For me it was a stroke of luck with the SDS touchscreen scopes, they do not have to hide, in total I consider them the best in their respective price range.
To date though, none of them come close to a lecroy PC based scope.
Which is not tragic, because they cost quite a bit more.
If Siglent then calls up the same prices as a Lecroy would cost, then there must already be weighty advantages that one then does not take the "original".
And I don't even mean the bandwidth.
As I said, I am curious. ;)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2023, 10:46:50 pm »
Backside of the beast, taken from the manual:

https://www.siglent.com/upload_file/document/SDS7000A_UserManual_CN01A.pdf

At least three fans... :scared:

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2023, 12:06:06 am »
Well, that's clearly PC based. Check out the connections panel...
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline Sighound36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2023, 08:06:06 am »
I will be testing one out Vs one of the Wavepro HD's we have so I report back on that in the not to distant future.

The Wavepro HD also have three deep fans inside the unit.

Cost wise my feelings are starting about £15-£17k

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2023, 08:41:25 am »
For the H10 Version I could believe this.
For the H12 Version......12 Bit and still (?) 20GSa/s, I think it will start with a "2" as the first number.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2023, 02:31:48 am »
Release is just some 2 weeks away......
Only 3 and 4 GHz models will be available to the west.

Specs:

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, Martin72, luudee

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2023, 09:38:48 pm »
12 Bit and 20GSa/s...This is a beast.
Any guesses about the "entry-price" ?  ;)
My guess: 15k€ minimum without VAT.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2023, 10:12:22 pm »
12 Bit and 20GSa/s...This is a beast.
Any guesses about the "entry-price" ?  ;)
My guess: 15k€ minimum without VAT.
Sighound36 was closer....for the 12 bit 3 GHz model....let's say a little under $20k.  :-X
We don't have to wait long now.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2023, 10:21:29 pm »
let's say a little under $20k.

Yepp, makes more sense.
I'll never be able to afford it, but I'm pleased for siglent that they can offer something like this.
No one can say anymore that they are not one of the "A-brands".

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2023, 10:35:29 pm »

Yepp, makes more sense.
I'll never be able to afford it, but I'm pleased for siglent that they can offer something like this.
12 bit, new Siglent acquisition system, 1M WFPS and 1 GB mem option is a lot to deliver at cheaper pricing.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Martin72

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2023, 10:41:03 pm »

Yepp, makes more sense.
12 bit, new Siglent acquisition system, 1M WFPS and 1 GB mem option is a lot to deliver at cheaper pricing.

That is not even the biggest thing. Take a look at ever expanding suite of Analysis and Compliance test packages. That is what so far was exclusive to big brands.  High end scopes are not only about big BW. It is about analysis packages and capability.
And there is the big leap happening..

• Super Contributor
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2023, 10:44:24 pm »
Yes, I picked all options out yesterday from new pricelist:

SDS7000A-FG
SDS7000A-16LA
SDS7000A-PA
SDS7000A-EJ                   Eye Diagram/Jitter analysis
SDS7000A- I2S
SDS7000A-1553B
SDS7000A- FlexRay
SDS7000A-CANFD
SDS7000A-SENT
SDS7000A-ARINC
SDS7000A-Manch
SDS7000A-USB2
SDS7000A-CT-USB2              USB Compliance test
SDS7000A-CT-100Base-T           100Base-TX compliance test
SDS7000A-CT-1000Base-T
SDS7000A-CT-100Base-T1
SDS7000A-CT-1000Base-T1
SDS7000A-1GPTS                1 Gpts mem depth
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2023, 10:49:47 pm »
Except the memdepth, this is appx on lecroy-level, nice.

Offline luudee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2023, 03:29:53 am »

@Rob,

do you know if SDS7000A-1GPTS  is a SW only upgrade, or includes HW as well ?

Thank you !

Best Regards,
rudi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2023, 03:44:37 am »

do you know if SDS7000A-1GPTS  is a SW only upgrade, or includes HW as well ?

SW option. Not cheap.  :(
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2023, 07:19:52 am »
OP updated with English datasheet and better image.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2023, 06:38:35 pm »
I noticed it earlier on the Batronix site by complete coincidence:
So you don't see anything when you go to the page with the Siglent products, but if you happen to stop with the mouse pointer and a dropdown tab opens.... 8)

The following users thanked this post: ddrl46

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2023, 07:49:30 pm »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2023, 02:11:23 am »
Released today and links added to the OP.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh, Martin72, luudee, Ulrich.G

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician

Offline simone.pignatti

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS7000A 3 and 4 GHz 12 bit DSO's
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2023, 11:23:49 am »
Here is a nice picture I took today at Productronica in Munich.
Technical Support

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Martin72, Ulrich.G

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2023, 12:17:21 pm »
15.6" is already pretty huge, but in the meantime I have a bigger desk... 8)
No, such a (price) class will remain a private dream.

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2023, 03:45:30 pm »

Is there any known reason, as LeCroy with the RIS feature, as Siglent do not have this feature in any DSO gear?

To purchase such Silgent, any other as ROI counts (Support behavior, SW Update rate as bug fixing, the Country and its Po.... behavior...)

as for that money, spent value as for World Trusting  :palm:

Hp

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2023, 04:11:31 pm »
I've said this before, with Lecroy a short email is enough and it doesn't take long, then an engineer calls who has also put the same device on the table and then it starts.
(Of course they don't do that with a Wavesurfer 3000 or even smaller  ;) )
They also have to offer this support if they want to play at the top.
But it could also be that this is the case, as I only know the small devices up to the HD from them. 8)

Online Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2023, 04:25:16 pm »
Regarding service: you may have noticed that there are two classes of instruments: the X-series, where price/performance ratio is minimized, and the A-series, which is meant for the professional market. The latter also has a different level of support.

Offline luudee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2023, 04:34:05 pm »

What I really would like to know, how does the SDS7000 compare to the MXO5 ???

I am ready for an upgrade, but need help deciding ...

Thanks !!!

rudi

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2023, 05:01:01 pm »
The latter also has a different level of support.

I can well imagine that.

@Rudi:
In such price ranges, there must be a way to be able to view/test the respective products beforehand.
Lecroy also lent us an HDO for about 3 weeks.

Offline luudee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2023, 03:29:08 am »

@Rudi:
In such price ranges, there must be a way to be able to view/test the respective products beforehand.

Hi Martin,

yes R&S I could probably get an eval unit. But Siglent rep in Thailand is useless:
Their idea of customer service is, pay 130% of the listed purchase price upfront,
wait 3 months for delivery. It's a typical Asian brain-dead attitude. And they have
zero stock of any higher end scopes.

The R&S rep is fantastic on the other hand !

If I want the SDS7000 I have to import it myself. Most likely buy it directly from
Siglent China.

Best Regards,
rudi

« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 03:55:23 am by luudee »

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2023, 03:49:11 am »
What I really would like to know, how does the SDS7000 compare to the MXO5 ???

Buy both, and send me the one you don't like. 😉
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2023, 10:35:16 am »

@Rudi:

Hi Martin,

yes R&S I could probably get an eval unit. But Siglent rep in Thailand is useless:
Their idea of customer service is, pay 130% of the listed purchase price upfront,
wait 3 months for delivery. It's a typical Asian brain-dead attitude. And they have
zero stock of any higher end scopes.

The R&S rep is fantastic on the other hand !

If I want the SDS7000 I have to import it myself. Most likely buy it directly from
Siglent China.

Best Regards,
rudi

So you would like help with compiling a table comparison of basic data?

First, these two scopes are not for the exactly the same market. 

-SDSD7000A  - 4GHz BW 20/10 GS/s
-MXO5           - 2GHz BW  5/2,5 GS/s

-SDSD7000A  - 4 ch
-MXO5           - 4/8 ch 

MXO5 is scope that is optimised for user experience (fast refresh rates on scope and FFT), big screen and all of that.
It does not have any advanced analytical capabilities at this moment above SDS6000A. Actually SDS6000A has eye diagram that MXO5 does not have (at least at the moment).

It is not high end advanced analysis scope, but rather "luxury version" of (at this moment) pretty basic scope. It is basically R&S RTA4000 on steroids. More memory, bigger screen, faster processing, but no additional capabilities.
Don't get me wrong. This is not critique.
There is a market for what is "better than basic" scopes but with large screen, and fancy user experience.
If you look at MSO5 brochure, it is obvious they are targeting electric power, automotive, embedded and such market. But in style, with big screen, window customizations and so on. Lots of analog channels, decodes etc...
I think it will be very good scope for that if you can bear the price.

But apart from 12 bit, bigger screen, and max 8 channels, even SDS6000A (Not SDS7000A !!) has more analytic capabilities. And SDS6000A has 5GS/s at all time, so it is a 2GHz scope propper. MXO5 cannot achieve 2 GHz BW with all channels on.

Enter SDS7000A. 4GHz BW. 20/10 GS/s. 12 bit. PC platform. They also claim much faster trigger rate than ever before, up to 1M Wfms/s. ERES is equivalent of R&S Hires mode. 3GHz SDS7000A claims similar noise floor at 5mV/div to 2GHz MXO5, which means SDS7000 is very low noise for it's BW. Several low speed decodes free. 32 Mpts FFT.
Compliance tests for USB2.0, 100Base-TX, 100Base-T1,  1000Base-T1 for now. SignalScan, Eye/Jitter Analysis.

It is obvious that it scope for faster signals, geared more towards digital designer.. But still being 12 bit, it is excellent for fast analog too...
It is a scope that is tier above MXO5 in capabilities.
It was just released so info is still scarce. There are lots of features to be introduced with time too.

Conclusion? These are basically different type of scopes.

R&S MXO5 is made to be very "fancy" analytically simpler scope with 8 ch emphasizing "user experience" above all.

SDS7000 is Siglent's new powerhorse. It's class is 4GHz 12 bit scopes similar to LeCroy.....

For the list price of 500MHz MXO5 you can get SDS7000A 4GHz..

Which one do you need?

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, bozidarms, Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2023, 10:53:42 am »
. It is basically R&S RTA4000 on steroids.

Made my day  :D

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, 2N3055, luudee

Offline luudee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2023, 11:36:38 am »

SDS7000 is Siglent's new powerhorse. It's class is 4GHz 12 bit scopes similar to LeCroy.....

Which one do you need?

Thank you so much for your analysis, 2N3055. 

I always look forward to your posts !

Kind Regards,
rudi

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2023, 11:47:52 am »

Which one do you need?

Thank you so much for your analysis, 2N3055. 

I always look forward to your posts !

Kind Regards,
rudi

Rudi,
thank you for the kind words.
My pleasure if it was helpful..

Best,

Sinisa

Offline Sighound36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2023, 07:06:48 pm »
Had an update on UK pricing today the 3Ghz is going to around £17K and the 4Ghz in the 22K mark

Get to play with one in mid December, looking forward to it  :)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, 2N3055, Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2023, 10:25:04 pm »
Lecroy Wavepro 404HD...4Ghz bandwith, 20GSa/s/100Mpts upt to 5Gpts.
The SDS7000A can be classified in roughly this class.
And from this point of view, the two Siglents are a bargain.
Really great from siglent.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, 2N3055, KungFuJosh

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2023, 04:58:01 am »
Starting at only $28,500.00 CAD.  Hmm, maybe I should buy two!   :-DD

Actually, that's a bargain for the specs.   Game changer for sure.

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2023, 07:52:54 am »

IMHO, just compare the given internal reference accuracy and soon you will understand about the possible Jitter figures...

what gear to be trusted for any professionals.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2023, 07:59:05 am »

IMHO, just compare the given internal reference accuracy and soon you will understand about the possible Jitter figures...

Someone is not doing their homework !  :horse:
Optional internal reference:
https://siglentna.com/product/10m_ocxo_l/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2023, 08:46:27 am »

What jitter?

Scope timebase jitter?
Sample jitter?
Trigger jitter?
Characteristics of Jitter/Eye measurement package?

I honestly don't understand what you are saying.

And the last sentence I cannot understand if it is an insult or question.

Let's compare:

SDS7000:
Standard (TCXO): ±2 ppm initial (0~50℃); ±0.5 ppm 1st year aging; ±3 ppm 20-year aging
Optional (OCXO):±100 ppb initial (25℃);±1 ppb over temperature (0~50℃);±50 ppb 1st year aging

R&S MSO5 datasheet:
Timebase accuracy after delivery/calibration, at +23 °C ±0.2 ppm
during calibration interval ±1 ppm

I would say few things in this comparison. Siglent specification is more detailed (profesional ?).
R&S has high initial accuracy than SDS7000 with TCXO but worse 1 years aging and no long term specification.
SDS7000 equipped with OCXO is superior in all 3 paramaters.

No manufacturer specified phase noise/clock jitter of internal oscillator.  Can't compare it. I will refrain of hand waving.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, Martin72, luudee

Offline J_in_MN

« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2023, 08:03:06 pm »
A video from Siglent that talks a little about the design decisions and differentiation compared to competitors.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, 2N3055, luudee

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2023, 08:15:40 am »
Well, well,

I do not get any more blamed by any OXCO, before you measured it or tear down what crap you have!
In addition the final performance counts and the possible measurements as RIS or similar required.

At first, IMHO the base oscillator counts (any different as seen on the old LeCroy WM8xxx or SD6xxx series).

So as Siglent & Rigol are new on that Jitter Tools, a real tear down & compare with a reference would show up how the really performs.
Using various DSO as from Teledyne, Keysight, R&S, Siglent & Rigols & etc. The Jitter Tools setup is also not a easy task.

Its like a fast pulse, as real 30ps Rise time and lower DSO brands will show up false values.

Attached Teledyne Wavepro HD given figures as for me a better reference.  :phew:

Offline Sighound36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2023, 11:57:03 pm »
Being a WaveprovHD owner I well comparing 4Ghz 7000 Siglent shortly

I expect it to perform very well i may even purchase one when the Wavemaster HD arrives

The R&S MX05 is notb being this league its a well engineered and specifically designed scope for a different sector of the market

The MX05 is basically two 04's in one box with another 500Mhz on top its analysis tools are basic at best currently it's also 5GS/s not 20GS/s it certainly has its place no question.

But we are comparing apples to oranges imho

The internal claimed jitter on the Wavepro hd is 60pS with its internal clocks.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 04:39:11 pm by Sighound36 »

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2023, 06:30:37 am »

I expect it to perform very well i may even purchase one when the Wavemaster HD arrives

The R&S MX05 is notb being this league its a well engineered and specifically designed scope for a different sector of the market

The MX05 is basically two 04's in one box with another 500Mhz on top its analysis tools are basic at best currently it's also 5GS/s not 20GS/s it certainly has its place no question.

The internal claimed jittervonbthe Wavepro hd is 60pS with its internal clocks.

It is 60fs NOT 60ps, otherwise 20ps time scale would be unreadable...

The other question rises about the claimed 60fs RMS and it's PN figures. I expect here a 10MHz internal oscillator.

Hp

Offline Sighound36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2023, 04:47:18 pm »

The internal claimed jittervonbthe Wavepro hd is 60pS with its internal clocks.

It is 60fs NOT 60ps, otherwise 20ps time scale would be unreadable...

The other question rises about the claimed 60fs RMS and it's PN figures. I expect here a 10MHz internal oscillator.

Hp

You are quite correct HP, I should have spotted that schoolboy error, in my defence I was using the pad in the small hours of the morning!

The Wavepro HD/Signal genny/RTA are also slaved to the lab's a 13.2fS jitter reference 10Mhz clock which is -123dbm @ 1Hz no distribution box just eight outputs from the clock direct. Even the  industry standard FSWP doesn't have that sort of phase noise (or lack of it)

However the Siglent 7000's base line spec I don't know but I'm sure some one will enlighten me, the 7000 is due here in the UK before Christmas so I will be spending some time with one very soon.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, hpw, Martin72

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2023, 05:40:08 pm »

>> 10Mhz clock which is -123dbm @ 1Hz no distribution

Yes, I have also such Sine based 50E OXCO as 120dBc @ 1Hz. IMHO other short time metrics important.

May test all individual inputs, as all should show up equal behavior Jitter values & graphs.
My SDA6xxx do show any different Histograms :palm:

>> However the Siglent 7000's base line spec I don't know...

Yes, very very pure ... as nothing of the Jitter Kit

Hp

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2023, 07:08:23 pm »
the 7000 is due here in the UK before Christmas so I will be spending some time with one very soon.

Oh yes....

Offline Sighound36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2023, 11:13:15 am »
Hwp

The reference clock is a square wave form, rather than a sine wave. I performed some indepth jitter & eye analysis on the unit a while back see below.

Martin

If the 7000 performs as expected I shall be purchasing one, as one of the chaps that works with keeps 'borrowing' my Wavepro HD  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Martin72, luudee

Online pope

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2023, 11:50:01 am »
May I ask why a scope would need a mic input and an audio output ?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2023, 01:15:43 pm »
Have you worked that out yet ?

This DSO is PC based and it is normal to have audio capabilities on a PC main board.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online pope

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2023, 03:59:55 pm »

This DSO is PC based and it is normal to have audio capabilities on a PC main board.

It is normal indeed. What I'm asking though is in which scenario an o'scope would need an audio I/O.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2023, 04:18:39 pm »
You can't get a mainboard without these connectors.
They are simply there and are not used.

Online Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2023, 04:43:04 pm »
It is normal indeed. What I'm asking though is in which scenario an o'scope would need an audio I/O.
There are applications imaginable.

A microphone could be used for audio notes accompanying screenshots for documentation purposes or even voice control for the instrument.

Headphones on the other hand can be used with each spectrum analyzer that has demodulation capabilities.

Maybe we'll see some of the above features in the future...

The following users thanked this post: pope

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2023, 05:55:41 pm »

@Sighound36

Very good ... a starting point for compare  ::)

>> The reference clock is a square wave form

Also 50E load enabled? And may tell what brand do you use?

Does SE-120 means WavePro HDO404 HD ??

>> SE-120 wavepro jitter kit

Do you get equal Histogram on each channels as Ch2, Ch3, Ch4 ??

>> SE-120 wavepro resjit histogram

May have to check its a part of the new SDA III or JitKit

As Teledyne JitterKit Paper, recommended to use 10 Wave Cycles ... and you use may 200 Cycles: Any reason for this?

Or do you have your own guidelines :D

Hp

Offline Sighound36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2023, 08:25:14 pm »
Hp
Yes 50Ohm impedance which is really essential for square waveforms where as sinewave it's much, much less critical imho.

I used full SDA linq with the new 10.5 FW and it's very very close on all channels. The jitkit is just a basic look but an accurate one in fairness.

In the new year the jitkit will be superceded by Clock xpert which will separate certain aspects of the SDA which will concentrate more on higher spec pcie/usb4/6G/ high speed serial data formats.

This I suspect is aimed at the new Wavemaster HD

Clock expert will include indepth eye analysis full jitter suite plus a new phase noise section incorporated.

I also have a Holzworth phase noise analyser and a UXA 50Ghz unit with phase noise app. So I have that aspect of measurement covered I feel.  Although Aaronia have some interesting products in the offing as well next year.

The label SE-120 refers to the clock's model number

Lecroys whitepapers are guidelines and each user I feel will adapt the settings for their own applications.

Our UK Lecroy reps are always on the lookout for tips and tricks to improve measurement ways and to reduce all operator error and refining the processes. Its a two way street.

I find the eye view & dual spectrum analyser option used in conjuction with a couple of RP4060 rail probes to view the clocks supplies rf noise sitting on the rails. On top of that a RTA with near field probes looking at clock radiated rf and board layouts can tell you a great deal inho

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 01:12:05 pm by Sighound36 »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2023, 04:18:55 am »
FYI
Siglent offer a SDS7000A product release promotion of free option licenses until June 30 2024.
https://int.siglent.com/info/detail-78.html
https://siglentna.com/news-article/siglent-sds7000a-introduction-promotion/
https://www.siglenteu.com/news-article/siglent-sds7000a-introduction-promotion/

Option                        Description
SDS7000A-FG   50 MHz built-in function generator
SDS7000A-16LA   MSO function (software), use with SPL2016 probe
SDS7000A-PA   Power Analysis: Power Quality, Current Harmonics, Inrush Current, Switching Loss, Slew Rate, Modulation, Output Ripple, Turn On/Off, Transient Response, PSRR, Efficiency
SDS7000A-I2S   I2S trigger & decode
SDS7000A-1553B   MIL-STD-1553B trigger & decode
SDS7000A-FlexRay   FlexRay trigger & decode
SDS7000A-CANFD   CAN FD trigger & decode
SDS7000A-SENT   SENT trigger & decode
SDS7000A-Manch   Manchester decode
SDS7000A-ARINC   ARINC429 trigger & decode (software)
SDS7000A-USB2   USB 2.0 decode (software)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 06:48:44 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2023, 02:01:54 pm »
This promotion is only avaible in Asia, Africa and Latin Americas area

Possibly misinformation, because Batronix has had the bundle since the beginning:
https://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Siglent-SDS7304A-H12.html

• Super Contributor
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2023, 06:00:55 pm »
This promotion is only available in Asia, Africa and Latin Americas area

Possibly misinformation, ........
Yours.  ;)
The promo is available in all regions.......yes I checked all 3 Siglent websites.
Additional links added above.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 06:49:31 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2023, 06:14:31 pm »
When following your link, it is clear readable that is only for the mentioned regions.
They should correct this.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2023, 12:10:05 am »

Interesting but not surprising that they switched from ARM to Intel core i5 and a standard motherboard. Would make development way easier, and cost minimisation really isn't a factor at this high end price point.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 12:12:03 am by EEVblog »

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2023, 01:07:25 am »
Interesting but not surprising that they switched from ARM to Intel core i5 and a standard motherboard. Would make development way easier, and cost minimisation really isn't a factor at this high end price point.

Might as well pay $50 for a motherboard if they're going to charge over $20,000 for the scope. 😉

Offline MathWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2023, 03:04:34 pm »
Has anyone tried hacking these yet to see if it can play Duke Nukem 3D ??

Offline Sighound36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2023, 03:11:10 pm »
Come on, Siglent are designed with hackability built in on all of their products those 7000 scopes will take a little longer to come to fruition as your average EEV Blog member isn't going to shell out on one for a hackaday project or maybe I'm wrong  :-/O :palm:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 05:35:10 pm by Sighound36 »

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2023, 10:09:03 pm »
What would interest me is whether there could be more 12 bit models on the global market.
The Chinese have:
 -800X HD
-1000X HD
-2000X HD
-3000X HD
-6000 Pro H10/H12
-7000 A

"We" have:
-2000X HD
- 7000A

That's a bit meager...
While the 12-bit Siglent is represented in almost all price ranges on the Asian market, there is a huge gap between the 2000X HD and 7000A on the global market.
Which other manufacturers are filling, such as R&S MXO4.
I am happy with my 2504 X HD, but if I wanted "more" I would have to change brands, which I would find a shame.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2023, 10:23:45 pm »
That probably has to do with Lecroy not wanting to have their share of the 12 bit market saturated. Problem with the cooperation between Siglent and Lecroy is that much what Lecroy tells to Siglent only applies to the market Lecroy is serving themselves. Keysight, Tektronix and R&S make oscilloscopes with a different phylosophy behind them so each fill different niches with the strong points of their devices.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2023, 10:25:04 pm »
What would interest me is whether there could be more 12 bit models on the global market.
The Chinese have:
 -800X HD
-1000X HD
-2000X HD
-3000X HD
-6000 Pro H10/H12
-7000 A

"We" have:
-2000X HD
- 7000A

That's a bit meager...
For now.
2024 will be very different.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2023, 10:43:29 pm »
That probably has to do with Lecroy not wanting to have their share of the 12 bit market saturated. Problem with the cooperation between Siglent and Lecroy is that much what Lecroy tells to Siglent only applies to the market Lecroy is serving themselves. Keysight, Tektronix and R&S make oscilloscopes with a different phylosophy behind them so each fill different niches with the strong points of their devices.

Keysight doesn't even have any affordable 12-bit models, you can get them for several 10000€.
Tektronix is too expensive for what it offers, R&S is a ray of hope.
If you want something good from Lecroy, the minimum price is around €15,000.
In this respect, I'm a little surprised that Siglent is "allowed" to offer such a caliber as the 7000A here.
Or that the 2000X HD was allowed to come out here.
The obvious agreement is probably being softened somewhat.

For now.
2024 will be very different.
I'll only believe it when I see it. ;)
The only thing Siglent EU has admitted so far is that an entry-level 12-bit scope will be released in the first quarter.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2023, 10:53:15 pm »
Martin said:
If you want something good from Lecroy, the minimum price is around €15,000.
In this respect, I'm a little surprised that Siglent is "allowed" to offer such a caliber as the 7000A here.
Or that the 2000X HD was allowed to come out here.
The obvious agreement is probably being softened somewhat.

Think again all !
Refresh what you know and think from the info in post #60 !  :horse:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds7000a-dsos-coming/msg4642900/#msg4642900
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 12:55:30 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2023, 10:57:19 pm »
Refresh what you know

Did it.
Now.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2023, 11:10:20 pm »
Refresh what you know

Did it.
Now.
Explains lots, don’t it.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2023, 11:23:52 pm »
Yep, everything is clear now, let´s wait and see.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2023, 01:08:25 am »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2023, 03:32:28 am »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds7000a-dsos-coming/msg4642900/#msg4642900

I wonder what the unit cost is of that 8GHz front end ASIC compared to say Rigol's 800MHz ASIC?
Does it matter ?
3 new 12bit models will soon come and IMO this new ASIC has given Siglent some leverage in the 12bit ADC market to get pricing down.
This is evident with reduced SDS2000X HD cost and if the proposed cost of the 2 GSa/s SDS800X HD is to believed then the world is a changing……and rapidly.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2023, 01:08:20 pm »

I wonder what the unit cost is of that 8GHz front end ASIC compared to say Rigol's 800MHz ASIC?
Does it matter ?
3 new 12bit models will soon come and IMO this new ASIC has given Siglent some leverage in the 12bit ADC market to get pricing down.
This is evident with reduced SDS2000X HD cost and if the proposed cost of the 2 GSa/s SDS800X HD is to believed then the world is a changing……and rapidly.

I find that pricing taking effect in EU hard to believe TBH. If that's the case it will be a game-changer indeed, as that kind of capability is missing even from scopes 5x the price.

Offline points2

• Contributor
« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2023, 02:56:42 am »
3 new 12bit models will soon come...
Hi tautech,
3 new 12b models !? Oulala !
Do you mean some 12bits versions of the SDS5000 & SDS6000 series ?
I plan to replace my SDS2104Plus(converted to 2504Xplus :-+ ), I would need something like a SDS6204A (https://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Siglent-SDS6204A.html).
If I understand correctly what you mean, it's a bad idea to buy a SDS6000 for Christmas, isn't it ?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2023, 03:43:22 am »
3 new 12bit models will soon come...
Hi tautech,
3 new 12b models !? Oulala !
Do you mean some 12bits versions of the SDS5000 & SDS6000 series ?
I plan to replace my SDS2104Plus(converted to 2504Xplus :-+ ), I would need something like a SDS6204A (https://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Siglent-SDS6204A.html).
If I understand correctly what you mean, it's a bad idea to buy a SDS6000 for Christmas, isn't it ?
Western SDS6000A are officially only 8bit however they do offer additional ERES bits beyond what other 8bit DSOs do.
Forecast 12bit releases for 2024
SDS800X HD
SDS1000X HD
SDS3000X HD
There’s limited info about all these on the forum.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2024, 11:49:38 am »
If the 7000 performs as expected I shall be purchasing one, as one of the chaps that works with keeps 'borrowing' my Wavepro HD  :-DD

So any upcoming updates on this SDS7000A gear??

Hp

Offline Ulrich.G

• Contributor
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2024, 10:40:11 am »

In the meantime there is an 8Ghz bandwidth model on the Chinese webside, when did that happen?

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2024, 10:53:29 am »

In the meantime there is an 8Ghz bandwidth model on the Chinese webside, when did that happen?

In the meantime ? :-DD

Datasheet publishing date is 23.Jan.24.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 11:15:05 am by 2N3055 »

The following users thanked this post: Ulrich.G

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2024, 06:55:24 pm »
With the help of Tautech

In North America / Canada / Quebec city,     i'll be able in a few days, to borrow a 3Ghz demo sent to my company .... to evaluate it, with pico seconds events ...  and see the possibility to craft our own software to control it with lan / scpi ....

So far very pleased with many Siglent instruments  ...

I have to wait for the pico generator to come back to us from certification, to schedule it

Can't wait to have it in my hands   ..  and could easily end with a purchase ...

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, tautech, 2N3055, Martin72, moerm

Offline Construct

• Contributor
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2024, 07:08:53 pm »
With the help of Tautech

In North America / Canada / Quebec city,     i'll be able in a few days, to borrow a 3Ghz demo sent to my company .... to evaluate it, with pico seconds events ...  and see the possibility to craft our own software to control it with lan / scpi ....

So far very pleased with many Siglent instruments  ...

I have to wait for the pico generator to come back to us from certification, to schedule it

Can't wait to have it in my hands   ..  and could easily end with a purchase ...

Very cool.

Looking forward to your results.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2024, 07:47:00 am »
received a 3gig demo unit

only thing so far to play with

I have an picolab 45 picosecond generator 4050b  and a Siglent SSG3032X

wow  thins thing is huge in person, the relay clicks are strong  loll  boot pretty fast

This puppy has BNC inputs  witch play trick on me, since i'm fully wired in sma .... i use an old tek scope  tds7254b series with their active input TCA  adapters   |O
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 08:10:31 am by coromonadalix »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, tautech, Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2024, 10:00:11 am »
Pics, pics, we want pics... ;)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, KungFuJosh

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2024, 01:48:43 pm »
loll  here's one, but no tear down  loll  boy i would love to   loll

have to take measurements   etc ....

just to get the ''know how"   for an old tech like me  loll     I always have some problems with unified channels controls 

Multi touch screen it seems,  i can zoom with fingers  loll    the screen protector is glossy, very glossy ...

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, Martin72

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2024, 02:13:49 pm »
loll  here's one, but no tear down  loll  boy i would love to   loll

just to get the ''know how"   for an old tech like me  loll     I always have some problems with unified channels controls 

Multi touch screen it seems,  i can zoom with fingers  loll    the screen protector is glossy, very glossy ...

On all of the touch Siglents you can zoom with fingers..

That is removable protector for transport.. End user removes it.. Means you got a pristine new scope for test.
Screen is not glossy.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, coromonadalix

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2024, 03:14:29 pm »
yep sorry     I was not clear enough  ....

Like a kid i did not read user manual,  too excited to play with  loll       silly me 

Intrigued by the TCXO  option who can be added,  i'm not sure if it already equipped  with,  i did not read the system info / status     :palm:  loll

My IT   guy is the second in queue, he want to read the programation manual / references   and try some commands tomorrow

We will develop a special software with it,   to automate some tests and generate certifications  ....   
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 03:20:10 pm by coromonadalix »

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2024, 04:59:22 pm »
yep sorry     I was not clear enough  ....

Like a kid i did not read user manual,  too excited to play with  loll       silly me 

Intrigued by the TCXO  option who can be added,  i'm not sure if it already equipped  with,  i did not read the system info / status     :palm:  loll

My IT   guy is the second in queue, he want to read the programation manual / references   and try some commands tomorrow

We will develop a special software with it,   to automate some tests and generate certifications  ....   
Not criticizing, just saying..have fun.
TCXO is small module in the back. You can see if it is installed.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, coromonadalix

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2024, 05:20:16 pm »
non taken

sadly   i can not remove the back panel  i think there is some hidden screws behind the rear overlay ???  sadly no internals to show 

the TCXO  OCXO is not present,  it as an look a like pcie 1x  slot

some crude compare between an old tek  loll at 1/3  of the weight  loll

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 05:22:00 pm by coromonadalix »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, DaneLaw

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2024, 05:41:43 pm »
non taken

sadly   i can not remove the back panel  i think there is some hidden screws behind the rear overlay ???  sadly no internals to show 

some crude compare between an old tek  loll at 1/3  of the weight  loll

Yeah, that's no to TCXO.
That is a big scope..

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2024, 06:07:53 pm »
A dream....
Which will always remain one as long as I don't win the lottery. 8)

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2024, 06:13:28 pm »
A dream....
Which will always remain one as long as I don't win the lottery. 8)

If you do win, get me one too please. 😉

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2024, 07:18:04 pm »
From the US website

Pt# 10M_OCXO_L

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 07:25:46 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, coromonadalix

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2024, 09:02:33 am »

Does your demo gear comes with Jitter Options? And please measure with accurate sources as an OXCO with know PN figures...

Interesting would be to connect simple the 10MHz Reference to the input and do some large FFT to see any 1/f figures :D

• Super Contributor
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2024, 10:09:38 am »
received a 3gig demo unit
Please tell, with cooling 3 fans, how quiet/noisy is this unit ?

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2024, 02:42:09 pm »
With the fans,   very tolerable,   you have 4  in it,   the one we don't see is the mobo fan

the SDS1204x-e we have are more noisy,  their fan pwm frequency is slightly higher, i could say "we hear the flow"  ????

3 meter apart, the sds1204x-e and sds7000a,     SDS7000a  is almost silent  wow

Digital inputs,   Pcie 1x connector

I wont compare it with the old tek as the noisiest source, 9 fans on one side  loll                this one is whispering  loll

Fans start faster like a server 76db and slow down to 51db / taken from 1 feet behind the scope.

Some of options :

Screen test, Led tests, Keyboard test,  Developer mode (with password)

Self calibration after 10 min warm up,  take maybe a good 10 minutes or more,   comes with a info bar percentage (% Done) on the screen

Quotation request sent  for the 3 and 4 gig  .....

some system infos pictures and options,  not sure  if we could get most of them on purchase package ?     loll  or some magic ?

not sure if we can call a touch screen calibration ? ,  i would say  slightly off,  still in the tick boxes  but ....
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 08:07:34 pm by coromonadalix »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2024, 08:01:58 pm »
some system infos pictures and options,  not sure  if we could get most of them on purchase package ?   
Most options are free as part of an introduction promotional package until mid 2024
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 01:20:42 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2024, 09:14:48 pm »
some system infos pictures and options

Lots of options, much to my delight.
Including some that only lecroy usually has and that we need.
I think I'll have to talk to our purchasing department.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2024, 03:07:28 am »
loll       done  that  loll    still waiting for an quote answer

I'm impressed, still lot to discover,  still have to master the "unified 4 channels controls"  witch is not my forte  :palm:
Controls are fast and responsive to say the least.

But  another thing:
When you request the "auto setup",  you get an yes or no  popup asking if you still want to do it  ??   witch break a little bit,  the purpose of the auto setup ?? 
Unless it could be risky for the input stages ??  That should be removed  loll ... trying to see if it's an selectable / removable option  ??

Because the small SDS1204...    dont have this nag ???

• Super Contributor
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2024, 03:20:02 am »
But  another thing:
When you request the "auto setup",  you get an yes or no  popup asking if you still want to do it ??   witch break a little bit,  the purpose of the auto setup ?? 
Unless it could be risky for the input stages ??  That should be removed  loll ... trying to see if it's an selectable / removable option  ??

Because the small SDS1204...    dont have this nag ???
Good feature instead of just applying Autoset when you press it by mistake and it then changes all your scope settings.  :rant:
However if this has an Undo (and it should) no harm is done.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2024, 03:22:50 am »
I also hate the autoset confirmation. The confirmation should be optional in the settings.

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2024, 06:56:57 am »
some system infos pictures and options,  not sure  if we could get most of them on purchase package ?   
Most options are free as part of an introduction promotional package until mid 2024

Would be a value, if the the Jitter-Kit is included with missing Jit-Kit specification as the Scope Jitter specification.

My 2 cents, otherwise 20K$  :phew:

Hp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2024, 10:47:40 am »

Would be a value, if the the Jitter-Kit is included with missing Jit-Kit specification as the Scope Jitter specification.
P12
https://int.siglent.com/u_file/download/23_12_27/SDS7000A_Datasheet_EN01B.pdf
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix, KungFuJosh

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2024, 05:03:30 pm »

P12
https://int.siglent.com/u_file/download/23_12_27/SDS7000A_Datasheet_EN01B.pdf

Well, as SDA7000A may looks like a bargain, with unknown performing figures, but how it compares to a WaveMaster 8000HD: Starting from $270,000  :-DD

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2024, 05:17:15 pm »
sadly  since there is calibration sticker / void,    i can not open the unit :(    they are on screw i did not saw on my 1st attempt  loll      near the foot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2024, 05:38:59 pm »
New firmware for SDS7000A models.

Version: V1.1.5.1
270 MB
https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/zip/firmware/Oscilloscope/SDS7000A_V1.1.5.1_EN.zip

Release notes
1. Cursor: Supported more cursors, and more flexible cursor combination
2. Fixed several bugs

Includes the previous version changes/fixes:
Supported new probes: Siglent’s SCP5030, SCP5030A, SCP5150, SCP5500
Measure: Optimized UX of Track and Trend; Supported to export measure data
Fixed several bugs
Slow response after pressing Math button
AWG: SCPI cannot set Load
Some bugs of USB2.0 compliance test
Some bugs of 100Base-TX and 1000Base-T compliance test
Some bugs on Options’ unlock
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix, 2N3055

Offline ddrl46

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2024, 07:16:25 pm »
Is there any news about the higher bandwidth versions of the SDS7000A being released outside of China?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2024, 10:01:56 pm »
Is there any news about the higher bandwidth versions of the SDS7000A being released outside of China?
Zip.....not that I've asked yet.

I'll try to get a programme.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: ddrl46, KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2024, 09:51:35 pm »
Zip.....not that I've asked yet.

I'll try to get a programme.
Nothing definitive, aiming for Q4 is the word.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: ddrl46

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf