Author Topic: The Siglent SDG1000 and SDG800 thread  (Read 229992 times)

0 Members and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline l3VGV

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 13
  • Country: ru
Re: The Siglent SDG1000 and SDG800 thread
« Reply #400 on: September 30, 2024, 02:31:43 pm »
My opinion goes in this direction:

I think besides the BF programming, there might be a CPLD on the device that requires also to be programmed and maybe these Siglent packages don't contain that part. So, now, there is an inconsistency between BF contents and other CPLDs content...

This is based on old (scope) analysis and I'm not sure it applies here but... only Siglent knows.

The best solution would be to flash the device's original brand FW (although it could be one of those very old Siglent versions). If anyone has one that he could dump... although not an easy task.

I dont have original siglent fw dump, but here is file from rebranded unit not old tho, version is 1.01.01.31R1. Maybe editing SN and model inside with HEX editor will work. Just search "SDG1010" inside the file, its clear what to edit. But will it work? no idea.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 02:41:40 pm by l3VGV »
 

Offline eleckits

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: cn
Re: The Siglent SDG1000 and SDG800 thread
« Reply #401 on: November 05, 2024, 05:48:41 pm »
Hope someone here can offer advice.

Got a second hand (no warranty) SDG1025. When I bought it looked like a brand new  :)  (original box, still in the original plastic bag neatly packed).

Got the latest Firmware (37R2) installed, did the "Self Test" and "Self Calibration", but still have the same problem - there is no signal on any output, just some DC value that I can change changing the offset value, but can't find direct relationship between the offset value selected and offset value actually measured.

And yes, I did turn the CH1/CH2 on :) I only tested Sin Wave, just guessing it will be the same with other wave forms.

Counter does not register anything connected to CH2 either.

I'm getting ready to open the box and check some of test points listed in the Service Manual, but information there is very limited, so I hope some of you on this board can offer some suggestions what to do/try.

Thanks!

I encountered the same problem.
Using the firmware version SDG1000-V00R001B01D01P37R2, after executing the "self-test" command, only square waves can be output with a fixed amplitude, while the other sine waves, white noise, and pulses do not output waveforms.
My model: SDG1020
 

Offline eleckits

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: cn
Re: The Siglent SDG1000 and SDG800 thread
« Reply #402 on: November 05, 2024, 05:52:25 pm »
@tautech  yes exactly, i tested all functions before firmware flashing. it was ok.

@tv84 i flashed "SDG1000-V100R001B01D01P31.ADS" the result is same :

- in sinus mode, no output ony 5V dc offset
- in square mode, i have some weird signal. the frequency is ok but amplitude is constant and when i adjust under 1 volt, the wave goes negative. i also don't have any other arb waveforms on both channels.

I encountered the same problem.
Using the firmware version SDG1000-V00R001B01D01P37R2, after executing the "self-test" command, only square waves can be output with a fixed amplitude, while the other sine waves, white noise, and pulses do not output waveforms.
My model: SDG1020
The original version is:: V1.01.01.23R1
Unable to burn low-level firmware
 

Offline BillyGo

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 33
  • Country: ie
Re: The Siglent SDG1000 and SDG800 thread
« Reply #403 on: September 15, 2025, 01:13:13 am »
I’ve got an SDS1025 with a very dodgy early FW.

Not sure when it started, but after I updated to the latest FW both channels are acting strange. The output Vpp is around 1/6 of the setting when below 2V. Once the setting of DC bias or Vpp is high enough, RLA9 at Ch1 (and the equivalent at Ch2) gets triggered, the only thing I can get is some DC output.

I noticed its serial number is unavailable, but there shouldn’t be problems with the Flash memory, since it keeps all the settings after a reboot.
 

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31963
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: The Siglent SDG1000 and SDG800 thread
« Reply #404 on: September 15, 2025, 02:27:39 am »
Try reinstalling the FW:
https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/zip/firmware/Signal_generator/SDG1000_1.01.01.39R7_EN.zip

Also check the install and revision PDF's.....you might have a FW revision path to follow to update to this latest version.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 
The following users thanked this post: BillyGo

Offline BillyGo

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 33
  • Country: ie
Re: The Siglent SDG1000 and SDG800 thread
« Reply #405 on: September 16, 2025, 07:25:19 pm »
Nothing changes :(

Something must be wrong on the frontend, so far the TA15 and TA16 are working.

So far on ch1,sine wav mode, high Z load, Vpp 1.8V f 10khz. Tne Vpp at TA3 will be 400mv, and Vpp of output is 520mv.

I am going to replace the ADCs and maybe flash the ROMs with the dump from another SDG1025, if I can find one.
 

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31963
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: The Siglent SDG1000 and SDG800 thread
« Reply #406 on: September 16, 2025, 08:02:55 pm »
Nothing changes :(

Something must be wrong on the frontend, so far the TA15 and TA16 are working.

So far on ch1,sine wav mode, high Z load, Vpp 1.8V f 10khz. Tne Vpp at TA3 will be 400mv, and Vpp of output is 520mv.

I am going to replace the ADCs and maybe flash the ROMs with the dump from another SDG1025, if I can find one.
More likely output stages as you said:
Quote
The output Vpp is around 1/6 of the setting when below 2V.
There should be enough info in this thread to prove guidance on output repair as IIRC these models had limited OVP to protect from reverse voltages.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline vidub2001

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: fr
Re: The Siglent SDG1000 and SDG800 thread
« Reply #407 on: January 12, 2026, 05:24:08 pm »
Hello,
I have an SDG810 siglent.
Would anyone be kind enough to tell me how to upgrade it to 30 MHz?
I can't seem to do it myself.
Thank you in advance.
 

Offline ua4yhz

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 90
  • Country: 00
Re: The Siglent SDG1000 and SDG800 thread
« Reply #408 on: March 27, 2026, 12:00:18 pm »
For these tried and tested AWG's, a new firmware update:

SDG1000 series
Version: V1.01.01.39R5
http://www.siglenteu.com/gjjrj-xq.aspx?id=4035&tid=15
897 KB

Changelog
1. Fixed a few bugs

I hate it when they can't be bothered to mention WHICH bugs were fixed, is it really that hard to do? A firmware update is always risky, is it worth the risk?
The risk is very very low, the main thing to consider is power loss so I never do them in storms.
Of the some hundreds I've done, never has one failed.

Quote
My 1025 has a bug that resets the external reference back to internal each time its powered up (but it still says it is using the external reference - even though it is not). Has this been fixed - Who knows?
Not yet but it's going to be.
See discussion here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/the-siglent-sdg2042x-thread/msg1384209/#msg1384209

Edit
Let me add this automatic reversal to Internal reference applies to all Siglent AWG's and therefore any fix applied for SDG2kX models will most likely be rolled out into all the other Siglent AWG series. 800, 1000, 5000, 1kX, 2kX and 6kX as each firmware is revised with a new version.
Please share the calibration program for the device. If you still have it.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->