Author Topic: Buy / Sell / Wanted rules  (Read 307896 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online KungFuJosh

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8320
  • Country: us
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Buy / Sell / Wanted rules
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2026, 01:08:55 pm »
Agreed. I mentioned having a minimum post count to be allowed in this section a year ago, but they still haven't added it. 🤷

Personally, I think at least 50 posts. But yes, even 5 would be better than 0.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
Best Continuity Tester Ever
Best Continuity Tester Ever...Got Betterer!
 

Offline PlainName

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8841
  • Country: 00
Re: Buy / Sell / Wanted rules
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2026, 08:00:01 am »
Quote
That is to say, they ship you X cables, but you have less than X connectors to plug those cables into.

In other circumstances (say, you get more screws than you get holes to screw them into) you'd think they were spares, particularly since they are detachable so loseable. Might not these cables be the same?
 
The following users thanked this post: Kean

Online KungFuJosh

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8320
  • Country: us
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Buy / Sell / Wanted rules
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2026, 03:45:21 am »
I built PCs for decades. It's nothing new. You buy a PSU based on wattage and how many cables it has (when permanently attached), or how many connections it has (when modular). Have extra cables means there's different options for the set number of modular connections.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
Best Continuity Tester Ever
Best Continuity Tester Ever...Got Betterer!
 

Offline Kean

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 3537
  • Country: au
    • Kean Electronics
Re: Buy / Sell / Wanted rules
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2026, 01:01:16 pm »
The discussion on PC power supplies and their cabling seems rather off topic to the buy/sell rules.
It would be better if it was in the Computers section.
 
The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Offline ballsystemlord

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 489
  • Country: us
  • Student
Re: Buy / Sell / Wanted rules
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2026, 11:07:00 pm »
Oops, I meant to post in the, "Bad Shopping Experience Thread". Sorry.

I moved my initial post amending it in the process.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2026, 11:09:00 pm by ballsystemlord »
 
The following users thanked this post: Kean

Offline Zucca

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 5148
  • Country: it
  • EE meid in Itali
Re: Buy / Sell / Wanted rules
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2026, 01:29:19 pm »
Is it okay for newbs with no posts or history to post for sale ads now? There's a lot of that lately.

I think it is okay:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/fs-(us)-itech-3kw-dc-e-loads-12-kw-500v-bidirectional-dc-psu-(and-more!)/msg6344972/#msg6344972

we are pretty good to detect scammers here, I think.
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca
 

Online CatalinaWOW

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: us
Re: Buy / Sell / Wanted rules
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2026, 02:26:41 pm »
Is it okay for newbs with no posts or history to post for sale ads now? There's a lot of that lately.

I think it is okay:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/fs-(us)-itech-3kw-dc-e-loads-12-kw-500v-bidirectional-dc-psu-(and-more!)/msg6344972/#msg6344972

we are pretty good to detect scammers here, I think.

Before you jump on the minimum posts requirement, think about this.  It is not uncommon for the heirs of on of or kindred people to post looking to sell the gear and stock that they have no need for or understanding.  Do we want to stop that?  Less access to the goodies for us, and another speed bump for the heirs who are already facing many other challenges.
 

Offline temperance

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1609
  • Country: 00
Re: Buy / Sell / Wanted rules
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2026, 05:01:57 pm »
I also bought something from a person with 1 post. I even got more than what was advertised. A very good deal.
 

Offline ballsystemlord

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 489
  • Country: us
  • Student
Re: Buy / Sell / Wanted rules
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2026, 02:42:38 am »
I also bought something from a person with 1 post. I even got more than what was advertised. A very good deal.

I also did that.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->