Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 358341 times)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #950 on: March 19, 2022, 09:23:29 pm »
This is the known menu that appears when the file ”/dso/app/Square_cusp.tmp” exists.
But at the moment it's useless, also USB won't work correctly until apply the USB fix patch.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 11:42:51 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #951 on: March 20, 2022, 01:09:36 pm »
This is the known menu that appears when the file ”/dso/app/Square_cusp.tmp” exists.
When the file ”/dso/app/Square_cusp.tmp” exists I knew only two-points Calibration menu (Amplitude and Offset), but not this default menu.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #952 on: March 20, 2022, 04:55:48 pm »
Oh, yes, it also enabled that menu by long-pressing the setup button.
It's mentioned somewhere in this 39 pages  :D
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline Tekjive

• Contributor
« Reply #953 on: March 21, 2022, 09:48:09 pm »
Is this common for Scopes in general or is this a bug with this scope? I have limited scope experience (only this and a small handheld) I’ve tried calibrating but the discrepancy still exists and is many volts over when using 20v/50v/100v. Another weird thing is when I activate the 2nd channel the large offset seems to switch to the 2nd channel and the 1st drops down to mere mV like it seems it should be. Any reasons for this? Limiting BW doesn’t help, has this already been discussed and I missed it? (Tried searching through multiple threads) or am I just pulling a cliché newb mistake not doing something/assuming something? Is about 5v on the dot off per my DMM when on 50v/div. what needs to be done to fix this and/or is this just a symptom of a “budget” scope ...in parentheses cuz this isnt very budget to me atm 🥴 lol! 

Pics below show the 3 highest voltage divisions being the worst and the switcharoo when 2nd channel activated

https://imgur.com/a/edxIRvz

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #954 on: March 22, 2022, 12:27:34 am »
Off by 7V at 100V/div? What do you expect at 100V/division?
Every pixel will be like 10 volts, and the noise will do the rest. Normally you adjust the scale to the signal voltage.
The scope has to scale the input, and ADC the precision is just 8 bit. Only high-end equipment($$$) will have better ADCs.

There're 8 vertical divisions, so:
8*100V= 800V, divide that by 256 and you get 3.1V/bit.

But it seems the scope actually fills 10 divisions, so:
10*100V= 1000V, /256 = 3.9V/bit.

1-2 bit error is something expected on this scope, lower noise belongs to the expensive market!

Use the correct tool for the job! A scope is not a DMM, its function is to display waves.
Even most DMMs will have poor accuracy in higher ranges.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 12:31:31 am by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: Tekjive

Offline Kanbus

• Contributor
« Reply #955 on: March 22, 2022, 03:03:19 pm »
Hi all.
I've had my DSO2D15 for about two weeks now. The scope have worked fine most of the time. Only a few freezes.

But today shit hit the fan. While just playing around I was changing the memory dept and as it scrolled past 8Mpt the unit freezed.
I thought power cycling would make it work again. It didn't.

Now when I power it on no trace appears. If I press the menu buttons the menu appears but it freezes instantly if I try to change anything.

Is there anyone that have had the same problem and what did you do to fix it?
I thought i would just ask before re-flashing with the platform tools first. but if it will be the case I'm lucky to have run the backup- and eprom builder.

With great power comes great smell

Offline Kanbus

• Contributor
« Reply #956 on: March 23, 2022, 07:16:20 pm »
Dosn't matter anyway. the unit is completely dead. Only the buttons light up when trying to boot in FEL mode.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #957 on: March 24, 2022, 07:02:29 am »
Have you tried "Default setup" button?
Whats your sw and fw version? (Utility/system info screen)

Offline Kanbus

• Contributor
« Reply #958 on: March 26, 2022, 10:29:48 am »
Hi david. I have pretty much pressed every single button in every single order.
I've gotten the scope to work and proved the monkey theorem to be true: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

It would lock up either instantly or after a few presses. "Default setup" among other buttons made it freeze instantly everytime.
Sometimes i could navigate in the different menues for longer before frezzes. Then i took a wild card, loaded firmware to an USB stick and after a few tries I was able to make it upgrade. With the same firmware version though (3202).
Then it upgrated and worked thereafter  :-/O

The software is: 1.0.1.1.0(20210726.00).

Btw thanks to you David and all other for all your contributions and effort in making this scope usable. It's much appreciated :-+

The following users thanked this post: DavidAlfa

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #959 on: March 26, 2022, 01:24:15 pm »
Now you can upgrade to the latest software right away.
Are you sure you weren't in FW3200? Crashing when handling the buttons is a known issue in that version.

Offline Kanbus

• Contributor
« Reply #960 on: March 26, 2022, 02:14:26 pm »
Which would be 2022.02.10 Right? I can't load hantek.com, tried several times.
Somehow I thought I had the latest software.

100% sure it was 3202. Thanks to you that I took a picture of it.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #961 on: March 26, 2022, 05:41:34 pm »
Yep, that's the latest.

Offline eevbstedt

• Contributor
« Reply #962 on: March 26, 2022, 05:41:58 pm »
There's a new user manual posted:
http://hantek.com/products/detail/17182

http://hantek.com/uploadpic/hantek/files/20220326/DSO2000%20Series%20Digital%20Storage%20Oscilloscope%20User%20Manual.pdf

pg17 added:
3. HORIZ MENU

XY mode
The XY mode is used to analyze phase differences, such as those represented by Lissajous patterns. The format plots the voltage on CH1 against the voltage on CH2, where CH1 is the horizontal axis and CH2 is the vertical axis. The oscilloscope uses the untriggered Normal acquisition mode and displays data as dots.

The oscilloscope can acquire waveform in YT mode at any sampling rate. You may view the same waveform in XY mode.  To perform this operation, stop the acquisition and change the display mode to XY.

Roll mode
In Roll mode, the waveform display rolls from right to left. No trigger or horizontal offset control of waveform is available during Roll Mode, and it’s only available when set to 100ms/div or slower.

pg49 removed:
Display Mode, 2.12.2. XY Mode, 2.12.3. Roll Mode

added:
Category    Real Time    Acquire waveforms by real-time digital technique.
                 Equ-Time    Rebuild waveforms by equivalent sample technique

pg 63 added:
Equivalent sampling      50GSa/s
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 05:57:28 pm by eevbstedt »

The following users thanked this post: Maxie

Offline crysti

• Contributor
« Reply #963 on: March 27, 2022, 02:32:50 pm »
Someone measured real rise time? I connected the probe(UT-H05 200Mhz 1:10 and oscilloscope in pulse mode), to 100V DC source and measured minimum rise time of 5ns, equivalent to 70Mhz bandwidth, which is too little for DSO2D15.

What is the relationship between oscilloscope bandwidth and waveform rise time?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 03:58:13 pm by crysti »

Offline .rpv

• Contributor
« Reply #964 on: March 27, 2022, 11:41:25 pm »
Someone measured real rise time? I connected the probe(UT-H05 200Mhz 1:10 and oscilloscope in pulse mode), to 100V DC source and measured minimum rise time of 5ns, equivalent to 70Mhz bandwidth, which is too little for DSO2D15.

What is the relationship between oscilloscope bandwidth and waveform rise time?

I was playing with pulse generators, I build 2 and I'm getting good results (with some ringing).

I build a generator based on the 74HC14 inverter, but I can't remember from where I got it.

And the second it's an Avalanche pulse from Kerry Wong (Jim Williams)

http://www.kerrywong.com/2013/05/18/avalanche-pulse-generator-build-using-2n3904/

BTW, I was under the impression that 30V was de max input voltage at 1x  ::)

Use the 4K memory depth to see if there's a difference, probably will be, and using probes maybe is not a good idea, I used a ~50cm SMA-BNC cable.

The following users thanked this post: crysti

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #965 on: March 30, 2022, 11:21:07 pm »
After few hours of Power On wave generator stop to working. Now have only DC component with 3,8V, whether the generator is on or not.
Can anyone help me with what to start checking?
Can you hear the relay sound when changing trigger source from other options to external? This would indicate if the relay that switches between ext trigger and wave gen is working.
Next thing I'd check would be analog +-8V and +-5V (1st picture).
And next, voltages and signals around the wave generator's DAC and Op Amp (2nd picture). The pinouts are in the attached datasheets

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #966 on: March 30, 2022, 11:39:57 pm »
Now I'd like to ask a question... I received my DSO2D10 a few days ago and wanted to try the "remote control" from PC, but I have a doubt about what software to install.

On Hantek's website downloads page, there's a link to a file called HantekDSO2000_Ver1.0.3.zip, which contains IOLibSuite_17_2_20605_2.exe dated 03/07/2016 (quite old!).

On the other hand, in the user manual (chapter 4) there's a link to a Keysight's download page (which ends redirected here), where you can find Keysight IO Libraries Suite 2022 and Keysight Secure Instrument Communication Expert.

Keysight IO Libraries Suite 2022 seems to be the updated version of the software on Hantek's page, so I understand this should be the better option unless the scope's internal firmware is not compatible with this update.

Can anyone advise me which one should I install?

Offline ars_ha3hz

• Contributor
« Reply #967 on: March 31, 2022, 12:44:38 pm »
HantekDSO2000_Ver1.0.3.zip only has the name 1.0.3 in reality its content is 1.0.1 (see picture)
As for the 2016 IOLibSuite_17_2_20605_2.exe, the reason is that the program itself was created in 2017 and has not changed since then. I installed it last September without trying it out. I am not currently on my machine because I am using the scope directly. :-D

« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 12:48:03 pm by ars_ha3hz »

The following users thanked this post: morgan_flint

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #968 on: March 31, 2022, 01:37:35 pm »
Morgan, all it takes is installing and testing, don't be lazy, just try and check yourself and report the result :-+
The worst that could happen is having to remove it and install the older version.

Offline crysti

• Contributor
« Reply #969 on: April 01, 2022, 06:23:28 pm »
After few hours of Power On wave generator stop to working. Now have only DC component with 3,8V, whether the generator is on or not.
Can anyone help me with what to start checking?
Can you hear the relay sound when changing trigger source from other options to external? This would indicate if the relay that switches between ext trigger and wave gen is working.
Next thing I'd check would be analog +-8V and +-5V (1st picture).
And next, voltages and signals around the wave generator's DAC and Op Amp (2nd picture). The pinouts are in the attached datasheets

Relays from channel out AWG module, switch when external trigger is selected

All power line voltages is good:
5V = 5,00V
-5V = -5,00V
1,9V = 1,92V
1,1V = 1,09V
3,3V = 3,30V
5V = 5,06V logic
2,8V = 2,77V

I have no signal on output pins 21 and 22 from U35 DAC902. I tested with other DSO.

There is a possibility that by change FW3200 to FW3202 to damage/burn the AWG module (uC or DAC)?

I tried default firmware from full backup, no positive results

« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 07:55:43 pm by crysti »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #970 on: April 02, 2022, 12:57:46 am »
Nobody had issues when changing FW except getting calibration issues.
Are you sure you didn't connect the generator output wrong, ex. to some external power, causing it to blow up?

Offline crysti

• Contributor
« Reply #971 on: April 02, 2022, 04:07:49 am »
Nobody had issues when changing FW except getting calibration issues.
Are you sure you didn't connect the generator output wrong, ex. to some external power, causing it to blow up?

It burned after I forgot device ON with the AWG module active for 4 hours, on a load of 1KOhm resistor.
I installed radiators (glued with Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive) and a fan.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:16:07 am by crysti »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #972 on: April 02, 2022, 08:19:59 am »
Perhabs a poor soldering joint?
Did you install the heatsinks before or after the problem?
Could it be they're touching something in the board?

Offline crysti

• Contributor
« Reply #973 on: April 02, 2022, 10:51:23 am »
Perhabs a poor soldering joint?
Did you install the heatsinks before or after the problem?
Could it be they're touching something in the board?

I installed heatsinks 2 months ago.
I checked before mounting to keep the distance from the components below, and use kapton tape
What is the function of the switch on the back side of PCB?

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #974 on: April 02, 2022, 12:10:49 pm »
What is the function of the switch on the back side of PCB?

Before using the platform-tools you need to press and hold this button down and than turn on the scope. It will boot the scope in recovery (FEL) mode.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf