"Archived more"? Please explain.
That being said, it makes little sense to discus him, let alone hate him. He is who he is, and there is not a single person on this forum that has archived more, or paid more taxes.
"Archived more"? Please explain.
"Archived more"? Please explain.
It really does depend how you define "achieved".
If you start a company, or you buy a company and turn it into a huge company that has a big positive effect on the world. Did you do achieve that or did your employees?
"Archived more"? Please explain.
It really does depend how you define "achieved".
If you start a company, or you buy a company and turn it into a huge company that has a big positive effect on the world. Did you do achieve that or did your employees?
"You didn't build that" -- Barack Hussein Obama II
And he was utterly wrong.
If it wouldn't have happened without you, then you built it.
You don't have to hammer every nail and make every weld personally.
"Archived more"? Please explain.
It really does depend how you define "achieved".
If you start a company, or you buy a company and turn it into a huge company that has a big positive effect on the world. Did you do achieve that or did your employees?
"You didn't build that" -- Barack Hussein Obama II
And he was utterly wrong.
If it wouldn't have happened without you, then you built it.
You don't have to hammer every nail and make every weld personally.
"Archived more"? Please explain.
Not playing troll games.
Unless you're an employee, and then it's 100% loyalty and commitment or GTFO.Yeah, I do think he drives his employees a little too hard.
It gets results but that doesn't necessarily make it ok.
I guess the only real way to know for sure will be to ask someone who worked super hard for Musk 5 years after the fact about that time in their life and if they thought it was a positive or negative.
- I think some would say that working that hard and accomplishing things (like booster landing) gave them so much drive and satisfaction in their abilities that it allowed them to go on and create great things later than might not have been possible without that time.
- While others would probably say that it broke them and caused their health to decline and they regret it.
The real question is, what would the percentage of each be? Since it's all about the average and if it's overall a beneficial thing or not. There will also be some people who have a bad experiences and since it was their choice to work there you can't really hold edge cases up as evidence of wrong doing.
"Archived more"? Please explain.
Not playing troll games.
OK, I get it, my bad: it's a typo.
Couldn't you have just admitted as much? Sheesh.
OK, I get it, my bad: it's a typo.
Couldn't you have just admitted as much? Sheesh.
It's too consistent to be a typo. Maybe an ESL issue. I know a lot of foreigners, such things don't even register with me any more ... I know what they meant.
If you look at the SpaceX Starship launch videos you often see the staff cheering, and it looks like most of them are young, probably single, without kids or other commitments, just looking to work on something cool. They probably sleep under their desk half the time so they don't have to commute.
This was (still is?) common in the tech industry, was even at Altium when I worked there 14 years ago. You got free food (breakfast lunch and dinner), a concierge service to do chores for you, free gym membership nearby, massages, games room, all designed to keep you at work as long as possible. Elon's businesses are no different.
Consistent? The guy* used it once here.
Unless you're an employee, and then it's 100% loyalty and commitment or GTFO.Yeah, I do think he drives his employees a little too hard.
It gets results but that doesn't necessarily make it ok.
I guess the only real way to know for sure will be to ask someone who worked super hard for Musk 5 years after the fact about that time in their life and if they thought it was a positive or negative.
Ping @FreeElectron
He was at Tesla for more than 5 years.Quote- I think some would say that working that hard and accomplishing things (like booster landing) gave them so much drive and satisfaction in their abilities that it allowed them to go on and create great things later than might not have been possible without that time.
- While others would probably say that it broke them and caused their health to decline and they regret it.
The real question is, what would the percentage of each be? Since it's all about the average and if it's overall a beneficial thing or not. There will also be some people who have a bad experiences and since it was their choice to work there you can't really hold edge cases up as evidence of wrong doing.
If you look at the SpaceX Starship launch videos you often see the staff cheering, and it looks like most of them are young, probably single, without kids or other commitments, just looking to work on something cool. They probably sleep under their desk half the time so they don't have to commute.
This was (still is?) common in the tech industry, was even at Altium when I worked there 14 years ago. You got free food (breakfast lunch and dinner), a concierge service to do chores for you, free gym membership nearby, massages, games room, all designed to keep you at work as long as possible. Elon's businesses are no different.
This was (still is?) common in the tech industry, was even at Altium when I worked there 14 years ago. You got free food (breakfast lunch and dinner), a concierge service to do chores for you, free gym membership nearby, massages, games room, all designed to keep you at work as long as possible. Elon's businesses are no different.
We just got an generous amount per week allocated for online shopping orders to keep the fridge stocked with whatever we wanted. Drinks and chips and stuff.
The old saying is, "Don't leave work before the boss."
The old saying is, "Don't leave work before the boss."
I remember leaving for home from Altium at 8pm on xmas eve so I could continue my work remotely from home.
I forgot my company credit card and needed to order parts urgently at midnight, I knew the founder Nick Martin would still be there, so I phoned him up and got him to go to my desk to get the credit card number. He was the only one left in the building.
Agreed, and I think he's acknowledged as much.
"I'm actually making history tonight as the first person with Aspergers to host SNL. Or at least the first to admit it."
I suspect Musk doesn't have a "home"; he just has offices where he sleeps. The number of hours C-suite folks can put in is impressive.
I suspect Musk doesn't have a "home"; he just has offices where he sleeps. The number of hours C-suite folks can put in is impressive.Yep, he has a tiny house at Starbase where he can sleep while working there. Or at least he did, not sure if that's still the case. I know there has been lot of real houses built near Starbase for employees. So its possible he uses one of those now.
I guess the only real way to know for sure will be to ask someone who worked super hard for Musk 5 years after the fact about that time in their life and if they thought it was a positive or negative.
One needs a place to not only sleep, but shower, shave, store clothing, eat, do all those "little" things. It is fairytales to me that he lives in his offices.