Work has been completed, if there are any further issues please as usual post the details here and I will do what I can
I didn't noticed any downtime, but right now each page has a terrible slow response. It takes 2-3 seconds to return a page. The pages were loading without any noticeable lag in the previous days.
Browsing from Bucharest/Romania/EU. Other sites are working just fine, only EEVblog takes many seconds to return a forum page.
It was quite slow for me until yesterday but it's all good now. YMMV of course.
I am also seeing slow page response times on initial load.
Yeah, never post 'all good now' because after that it slowed down again
We must be thinking about different issues then, I am talking about the one where the full size image gets replaced by a future image post. My investigation points to an issue with GlusterFS.
Is this fixed yet?
It should be, time will tell.
I am also seeing slow page response times on initial load.
Performance metrics show the website is loading about 5% faster then prior to the upgrade, it's likely due to your geographical location.
The speed seems back to normal right now. The lag is gone, thanks.
Another small bug: it seems that if the user did not specify the country, the place of the flag is displayed crookedly.
And I still can't attach the inserted full-size image. See previous post: I specified inline full-size, but it still inserts as a tumb.
Neither of which are server issues but rather quirks of SMF sorry.
And I still can't attach the inserted full-size image. See previous post: I specified inline full-size, but it still inserts as a tumb.
The plugin was disabled, the options still show but they do nothing. I think it was disabled in search of the mysterie picture swapping.
If it stays disabled it would be best to remove the options too.
And I still can't attach the inserted full-size image. See previous post: I specified inline full-size, but it still inserts as a tumb.
The plugin was disabled, the options still show but they do nothing. I think it was disabled in search of the mysterie picture swapping.
If it stays disabled it would be best to remove the options too.
I will suggest to Dave to re-enable it as I am pretty confident it was not the cause.
And I still can't attach the inserted full-size image. See previous post: I specified inline full-size, but it still inserts as a tumb.
The plugin was disabled, the options still show but they do nothing. I think it was disabled in search of the mysterie picture swapping.
If it stays disabled it would be best to remove the options too.
But I can see how other users display full-screen images...
Neither of which are server issues but rather quirks of SMF sorry.
Can someone fix this? It seems to me that there is simply no file 00.gif in the directory with flags.
Neither of which are server issues but rather quirks of SMF sorry.
Can someone fix this? It seems to me that there is simply no file 00.gif in the directory with flags. 
You're posing into `Server Error Reports`, not `Forum Error Reports`. I am the server admin, not forum admin, this is up to Dave
But I can see how other users display full-screen images...
Attach the image to your post and save, then copy the link for the full-sized image, edit your post and put the link between img tags.
Anyway, this thread is not for this stuff, so I will not post more. If you can't work it out ask in general.
Loading extremely fast for me, and I am not local (AU vs US) to the server. Local route or ISP issue for you sorry.
I'm seeing a lot of weird "pagespeed" URL's, don't know if a week or so ago, when the forum was working great, was the same.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13113383/weird-pagespeed-url-for-png-imageAlready deleted all caches and cookies, and it is as bad as before deletion.
Does by any chance Google Pagespeed was somehow turned on this year? Usually browsing from a desktop with latest Kubuntu/Firefox.
Just tested moments ago with Pale Moon, and EEvblog forum is almost unusable, will install just for a quick test Chromium...
I'm seeing a lot of weird "pagespeed" URL's, don't know if a week or so ago, when the forum was working great, was the same.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13113383/weird-pagespeed-url-for-png-image
Already deleted all caches and cookies, and it is still very bad.
Does by any chance Google Pagespeed was somehow turned on this year? Usually browsing from a desktop with latest Kubuntu/Firefox.
Just tested moments ago with Pale Moon, and EEvblog forum is almost unusable, will install just for a quick test Chromium...
We have had pagespeed installed and active on the server for well over 2 years now. This is not the cause of any issues you are having. I collect performance metrics from 4 countries every 2 minutes across all of Dave's cluster, at current, there is not, nor has there been any degradation in performance and all pages are rendering correctly. If you are experiencing issues it is on your end.
For what it's worth: The forum was really slow for me intermittently today as well. At the moment it's better, but still somewhat slow.
EDIT: Debatable whether this is a server issue or a forum issue

What i see in the network tab of Chrome, is that mainly external stuff takes long to load. The main culprit seems to be supplyframe.com. Almost all requests to them take 500 to 1000 miliseconds to load, and there are quite a few of them.
EDIT: Debatable whether this is a server issue or a forum issue 
It is not debatable, I have metrics to prove that the server is operating within norms and there are no slow requests. Complaints of slow image loading (static files) can ONLY be attributed to a network issue between the user and the server. If it were the server I would have multiple alarms as these servers are actively monitored for such issues.
I apologize if my report is not in the proper thread. But there is no other one that i am aware of where forum issues can be reported. And as a user it is not always easy to be aware if whatever issue is occuring is a server or forum issue. Mostly, from the user side, these are synonymous.
Hey Gnif,
can you take a look at the server load? Getting some slow load times (not always) and a few database not found issues (seemingly random once or twice in the last few days).
keep up the good work