FORUM BUG
Threads and posts are disappearing !
Has the forum been compromised/hacked ?
Then I find this on Discord:


And that thread is gone walkabout too !
As if you guys didn't already have enough to deal with... I was just curious how eevBlog/SMH is
supposed to handle animated GIFs now.
It used to be, I could attach animated GIFs along with a post without issue, as long as they were small enuf. If a GIF was too large, I'd resize it using one of the online GIF editors, save it to my machine and then attach it. Never had any problems doing this; even with transparent background GIFs.
Ever since shortly after eevBlog was infested with the
pic-eating random wandering singularity,

any animated GIF I attach does not seem to work properly; they don't actually animate, and transparent ones appear with a black background.

Pre-existing ones attached prior to that event all seem to work fine; transparency, animation all perfectly normal.
It's obviously not a high priority... I just wondered if there was an extension or add-on that was supposed to handle this sort of stuff which had been disabled, either accidentally or on purpose, or whatever.

Cheers,
mnem
dlattach is not sending animated gifs down. Only first frame by the looks.
This is one reason I usually use imgur.
Also the attachment previews take bloody forever to load so when there are quite a few attachments in a post the page slowly loads like it's on dialup.
One day in the distant future someone will write some forum software that isn't a pile of excrement. So far the human race has not succeeded
I get that; except we have lots of posts where somebody links to something offsite and the vagaries of the internet break the pic. I have dozens of posts on IMGUR that no longer point to the correct URL, and we won't talk aboot my PhotoBuckethole PITAs...
As a result, for the last year or two I try to make sure the attachments are actually right there with the post... so that even when I'm gone, future readers won't be going
"WFT wazzat a-hole talkin' aboot...?" because the attachment vaporized.
There will still be plenty of
"WFT wazzat a-hole talkin' aboot...?" because of the "content", I'm sure, but at least the "content" will be there.

mnem
*mal-content*
Imgur has been ok for me. Haven’t seen anything disappear into a void yet.
You're still alive, and your UMGUR account still active. How it was explained to me was that when you don't post anything new for a while and nobody replies to your stuff, your account goes inactive and is transferred to their secondary/long-term servers and that can cause some links to break.
Consider the average age of those in the TEA thread, for example; that attrition rate immediately becomes a concern.
mnem
I post all my stuff on imgur anonymously.
I get your point though. One reason I want to do a proper archive job. Everything be it internal to the forum or external to it has the same archive priority.
Was told it would be a good idea to post this kind of error here, so i'm pasting my post from the beginners section (I didn't know where else to post when i did)
Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't been able to consistently post/edit my posts lately. i get this error a lot. I've already tried on different computers and on different networks and i get this same error

Edit: found out it's been happening a lot more often when trying to attach more than one file at once, just had to edit a post attaching 1 file each time for it to work. trying to attach two or more files would result in the error
Well, for the last like at least three days, the eevblog server is more inaccessible than accessible. Maybe that has something to do with it? Now it is working again - at least now.
Well, for the last like at least three days, the eevblog server is more inaccessible than accessible. Maybe that has something to do with it? Now it is working again - at least now.
If you are experiencing outages/issues, please report them. Server monitoring has not reported any issues over the last few days except for the outage today that was caused by the hosting provider.
What ever happened to good ole five nines uptime?
I thought this was another major outage you probably know well about, so I did not want to bother with "hey, it is not working again".
I have just checked couple hours ago, it was still inaccessible and using this page:
https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/eevblog.com.html it showed "down for 4 days 18hrs" which about corresponded to what I was (not) getting here.
But I am not sure how can I help further to troubleshoot stuff like this. If it happens next time, is there anything I can do to help you solve it?
> "down for 4 days 18hrs" which about corresponded to what I was (not) getting here.
The server's IP was null routed, which may have taken longer for us to detect due to route caching... but 4 days does seem a bit excessive so I am not sure what was going on there sorry.
If you have issues accessing the website, please screenshot and post here (if you can), if not you can DM @HostFission on Twitter with the report and I will investigate.
My last post was at 6:30pm yesterday and I've had no further access until a few minutes ago, 12:30pm UK time. No error messages, just DNS timeout.
This feels like a DNS propagation delay. Did you update pointers?
The outage today was due to a disgruntled nutjob abusing AbuseIPDB to report Dave's youtube videos as "Web Spam" and then using this to report Dave's IPs to GorillaServers as being abusive, which caused them to null route our IPs.
The outage today was due to a disgruntled nutjob abusing AbuseIPDB to report Dave's youtube videos as "Web Spam" and then using this to report Dave's IPs to GorillaServers as being abusive, which caused them to null route our IPs.
It is really pretty sad that they just take anyone's word for it and pull the plug...
Courts (and the entire legal system) were invented to adjudicate disputes in a fair and lawful manner, using laws put in place by democratic means. The Internet is still a bit of a jungle in this respect...
gnif: Off-topic content removed
gnif: Off-topic content removed
Well, for the last like at least three days, the eevblog server is more inaccessible than accessible. Maybe that has something to do with it? Now it is working again - at least now.
If you are experiencing outages/issues, please report them. Server monitoring has not reported any issues over the last few days except for the outage today that was caused by the hosting provider.
How does one report issues if eevblog is uncontactable?
FWIW, it's been down for me for a couple of days too. And all the 'is it just me' and 'is it really down' tools reported eevblog was actually down for everyone, too.
Dude, justice existed for millennia without idiocracy and it better stay that way. The last thing we need is disputes between websites and mad Chinese users resolved by some international UN body filled with "experts" from CCP and all the other crazies out there.
Not necessarily defending the actions of the commercial players currently in charge, but really, be careful what you wish for.
Totally off-topic, continue this discussion here at your own peril.
The outage today was due to a disgruntled nutjob abusing AbuseIPDB to report Dave's youtube videos as "Web Spam" and then using this to report Dave's IPs to GorillaServers as being abusive, which caused them to null route our IPs.
I'm sure Greater Minds than mine know what to do, but if the guy is abusing the reporting system then seems he/she should be reported ...