Same here. 2022-12-22 19:44-19:45 UTC
Same here -
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
Keep getting those as well.
Getting the database server may be too busy errors here too today. Usually a single page refresh gets it going again.
I've been getting loads of these today.
I've been getting the same error for a while. Saw it some hours ago, each page needs about 3 refreshes before the proepr page appears, and am still having it now.
I'm getting them now as well, not on every page load, just randomly. Maybe 1 in 5
Photo attachments are having problems again. The thumbnail is correct but the photo is not. Seems to happen with drag and drop. Maybe the same problem as last time.
Came here to say this. Sometimes I can see the thumbnail but then I click it and it expands to the wrong photo. Just now I tried to view a photo and got an error that said "You are not allowed to access this section" or something like that.
Errors this evening in TX, USA
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
and
404 Not Found
nginx
This was due to some server maintenance that was planned and Dave announced on Twitter. Work has been completed now and services should return to normal.
This was due to some server maintenance that was planned and Dave announced on Twitter. Work has been completed now and services should return to normal.
BTW wasn't announced on here because we didn't think it would impact the forum, only the website, but it did. Took the opportunity to upgrade SMF to 2.0.19 as well.
Please be aware that I am commencing work on the servers again and while there should be no interruptions to services, if there is due to unforeseen reasons, I apologize.
Work has been completed and the trailing slash issue has also been resolved.
Yeah, now i see the link is folowed partial, could be my email app not liking the $ character?
$ has a special meaning in EEVblog forum. If you paste the link the URL, the SMF editor will truncate the link, indeed.
If you want to post a link containing a $ character, you have to post it first, then come back and manually edit the link to correct the address, so it will show like this:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/It's a SMF pitfall in the forum software, preferably to avoid the dollar sign inside any EEVblog titles or URLs.
Anyway, AFAIK this thread is for server down reports only (will send automatic notifications to admins when there is activity here). Please open a new subject to discuss about any forum's software issues you may found.
Sorry for off topic but in SMF use the URL (Insert Hyperlink) button
[url]https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/[/url]
OR if you want it to read nicer
[url=https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/]$20 LCR ESR transistor checker project/[/url]
This is also a good way to mask really long URL's that also break fairly often because then SMF gets that regardless of characters it is a URL
I'm seeing a lot of icons disappearing today. Like all the "New" badges, peoples flags/avatars.
In some cases a CTRL+Refresh works, in many it doesn't.
I expect something has changed and my cache is invalid.