A follower on X just posted this in response:
"we're experiencing a lot of bots hitting the datacenter today at work.. Russia federation mostly.. chinese second.."
It would be interesting to know how long it would take an AI bot to suck up every post on the forum.
Confirmed, AI-Bot thrashing the website:
Ai2Bot-Dolma
IPs Blocked.
45.76.6.132
45.77.164.21
50.28.107.56
50.28.40.163
52.54.76.131
67.225.188.31
67.227.250.168
72.52.196.79
75.101.239.212
104.238.140.158
144.202.84.81
207.148.6.129
Super sloooooow again, and with bad gateway errors.
Large IP range owned by Alibaba Cloud and several other Chinese data center providers were crawling the website at an extremely high rate.
Blocked and will continue to monitor.
Looks like a stealthy DDoS attack to me
its happening again, "they" are back ?
its happening again, "they" are back ? 
Nope, what were you doing?
its happening again, "they" are back ? 
I got that too ("Database Error") just a minute ago but it went away on a retry.
Thanks, Looking.
I am also seeing some inconsistent performance from the servers, but it's occurring even on images which are static. Will update here when I have more information
Looks like it was a targeted DoS attack, mitigations are in place so things should stabilise. Perhaps Dave's latest video ticked someone off
I got few 502s but main page was pretty instant.
Maybe the block went away just there.
I got few 502s but main page was pretty instant.
Maybe the block went away just there.
I am continuing to monitor and block attacking systems, so expect hiccups for a while still.
The LetsEncrypt bot isn't working. Certs need renewed. Expired 9:32 this morning (UK BST).
The LetsEncrypt bot isn't working. Certs need renewed. Expired 9:32 this morning (UK BST).
Confirmed in NZ at 9pm Sat, certification expired within the last hour.
Yep, also got a security warning now while it worked an hour ago or so
It seems Dave moved one of his other domains to another hosting service without informing me. The renewal service started to fail because it was still trying to obtain a certificate for the domain that it no longer could prove ownership of.
This has been fixed.
It seems Dave moved one of his other domains to another hosting service without informing me. The renewal service started to fail because it was still trying to obtain a certificate for the domain that it no longer could prove ownership of.
This has been fixed.
Oops

In a million years I never would have thought that would impact this site.
its happening again, "they" are back ? 
i hate this error
and i just happen to see it yet again
"report the error to administrator"
Yup, the site is being hammered again, this time from TenCent's network
Haven't been able to login in 4 or 5 days. Worked from an iPhone for a while but not M2 macbook air then for a few days neither. Tested availability with a tool that tries the site from 5 locations around the world and they all said the site was down.
Can't find anything here about what was going on. Some kind of denial of service I imagine.
edit. Had posted elsewhere b4 finding this error report spot.
The website has had no outage, we have had to implement some aggressive blocking of access to the website by IPs owned by data centres due to ai scraping on mass.
If you are using a VPN you might have been caught in this, if not, please let me know your IP (via DM) and I will see why it was blocked.