Yep, BS is a wider term, it includes lying but also a wider range of negative, intentionally annoying or counterproductive behavior or situation.
It's also used a lot when someone is saying something untrue but they believe it to be true. So not lying but simply wrong. Since lying, for the most part, is more about intentional deception.
I do get how BS could be misinterpreted though, it can have a strong lying component.
I don't think I've seen him lie much, maybe a little with the Elon stuff, the BS is usually just him arguing about things no one was actually saying or meaning. "Intentional misinterpretation to create avenues to attack from" is probably the best way to put it.
The.. "What else can I find to attack in some way, so it pads this good 8min rant into 30min." Which isn't bad in itself, padding is fine, he just takes it so far it becomes BS.