Recent Posts

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next
Note that an alternative to 3D printing for small-series plastic enclosures, often overlooked, is plastic machining. Some companies offer custom enclosures this way, like: https://www.polycase.com/customized-enclosures
Of course you'll have to pick from existing shapes, but after that, there's some amount of customization possible.
The result is usually much better looking than 3D printing and more durable.
I'm into the habit of winding back brightness to 80%.......for no good reason other than not needing full brightness.

Do you have any idea about my question: Is there a reason the screensaver doesn't shut off the backlight?
I'm into the habit of winding back brightness to 80%.......for no good reason other than not needing full brightness.

I'm a 50% guy.
Beginners / Re: uCurrent Gold Schematic
« Last post by floobydust on Today at 01:49:16 am »
I thought the nA shunt 10k is simply left in-circuit all the time, no need to switch it in with a mosfet  :-//
I wonder why the MAX4239 isn't just one stage with AV=100 instead of two parts AV=10. The bandwidth is still high enough for most needs.
Any protection/clamp TVS etc. has leakage current and must be carefully thought out.
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / Biquad yagi design?
« Last post by cadr on Today at 01:45:03 am »
Does anyone have any references to designing Biquad Yagi antennas?
Beginners / Jutter calculation ?
« Last post by GigaJoe on Today at 01:40:19 am »

I'm right ?
Jitter 1.5 nS
or it should be divided in 2 -- 750pS

yeah its for 3d objects what I mean is if you use a stereo microscope and then you get a high zoom one (in the 1000$ range) it gets worse the more you go

I think its extremely useful. i mean you either can see it or not see it. with how small everything got, you basically won't say that its a waste of money

100x lets you look at 1 number on a penny. thats still not that small. for really looking at a 0402 part its not like its a bad buy

You just won't see the problems without zoom. see no evil there is no evil? ???

but there is a problem, the rail microscopes are god damn huge

also, even more zoom, maybe... for looking at glass diodes. just for diodes 200x :)
I've replaced a a large number of them in flat screen televisions. LED's don't last as long as it is commonly believed.

WoD
So have I, but indeed in TVs, especially the cheap ones. they (can) overdrive them for brightness (which people seem to abuse).  There's no excuse for that in a scope screen where you are viewing a subdued image and from a meter distance or less.

Actually, what I replace most in TVs are capacitors in the power supplies.  Again, mostly in the cheap ones.
Asan is much faster and easier to use than Valgrind. But it won't show much if the stack uses one big allocation and then uses allocated chunk for the custom allocator. It will catch gross out of buffer access, of course.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next