Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 1468092 times)

0 Members and 50 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2650 on: December 20, 2024, 08:29:41 pm »
If I record like this, then after starting the picture freezes and does not change in any way.
(Attachment Link)
Why are you uploading the ddd configuration there?  Is this the configuration you got when backing up your oscilloscope?
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline TA4DIL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 25
  • Country: tr
  • Electronics Engineer
    • FNIRSI1013D
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2651 on: December 24, 2024, 07:59:24 pm »
https://disk.yandex.com/d/KkDi8qfnYb_WbA
Hello friends, I am a retired Electronics Engineer and I also deal with RF Techniques and I am a Class A Licensed Amateur Radio Operator. My call sign is TA4DIL. After experiencing the problem of loading the latest Stock Firmware and modified Firmware onto the SD Card, I was unable to overcome this problem with the forms and what was explained here, and finally my Oscilloscope stopped seeing the SD card, I had backed up the original SD card and I had never damaged the original SD card, when I put the SD Card back in, I saw that it worked and I started to experiment on the damaged card again and finally succeeded, here I will try to explain in detail how to fix these problems.
 
First, remove your SD card that does not work or has failed to load from the Oscilloscope and insert it into a card reader and insert it into your computer. Open the Disk Management shown in the picture and first delete all the volumes if there are additional partitions, do not give a name as a volume label, also delete the naming that says New Volume there, you should leave it blank and delete it, the result will be the only unit Raw, only the drive letter (F) will remain visible. Then format it again by selecting Fat32 with the format option, if there is no Fat32 option, download the HP_USB_Disc_Format program and format your SD Card that is Raw as Fat32 with it, again in the Computer Disk Management, delete the Volume of your SD card that is Fat 32 in the File Section and then create a Partition, select the entire disk as a new volume without creating any partitions, select Fat32 and click OK, we save our card. If this is not done, continuous loading errors occur, we remain on an oscilloscope opening screen that does not open and never starts with the screenshot of the old firmware files we have tried, or the loading button is not active at all. As a result of this process, many firmware uploads are successful within seconds.
     
Copy the files in the Original SD Card that we backed up as a result of the above process, except for the (System Volume Information) files, and drop them into the SD Card from which we performed the Recovery process.Download the file with the extension (fnirsi_1013d.bin v0.025x.txt) and shorten its extension like this (fnirsi_1013d.bin) and drop it into the SD Card
Copy the (fnirsi_1013d_scope) folder that you extracted from (v0.025x update code for maxlight settings & change roll mode & fix oveload red line.zip) to the SD Card with its contents, then in the computer view settings, in the options, show hidden files, uncheck the hide protected operating system folders option and make the hidden protected files visible.
   
Plug the Memory Card into the Oscillator and run it, wait a bit for it to load our new files, connect it to the computer via USB, switch to the Connect to Computer mode from the menu and extract and run the FNIRSI_Firmware_Loader.exe v1.1.3 Firmware Loading tool from the Zip file. Change the number values in the marked area seen in the picture. (My backup SD Card is 1GB). We select our SD Card in FNIRSI_Firmware_Loader.exe, we show our new (fnirsi_1013d.bin) firmware file, which we shortened the (fnirsi_1013d.bin v0.025x.txt) extension, in the loader, we finish the flashing process with the numerical order.
   
And this is the result, it came with extra features, I didn't have the opportunity to test and try it, only the Calendar clock display works incorrectly, it gives an error when the time change is reflected on the screen and I put it in passive mode because I saw the wrong time stamp, it has a slightly slower Auto set response than the original, the graphic curve is not as sharp and clear as the original, I get an error in calibration
       
And this is the result, it came with extra features, I didn't have the opportunity to test and try it, only the Calendar clock display works incorrectly, it gives an error when the time change is reflected on the screen and I put it in passive mode because I saw the wrong time stamp, it has a slightly slower Auto set response than the original, the graphic curve does not look as sharp and sad as the original, I don't know how to fix the calibration error, I want to try it like this, when the original SD Card is inserted, everything works with the original software with factory settings as before, I patiently wait for advice, suggestions and updates and for it to be developed with a more stable firmware, I would be very happy if you notify me if I made a mistake. Because I may have definitely made a small installation error somewhere, but I didn't want to pass without saying that I recovered my FINIRSI 1013D Oscilloscope device that I ruined in this way, I wanted to be useful by sharing my experience so that this could be a recovery suggestion for friends whose devices became inoperable.
  I tried to give notification with pictures but I could not add pictures. I made a statement as a World Document and added pictures. I stored everything I used and everything I needed on my Yandex disk. There are upload instructions with pictures in the link I gave.
https://disk.yandex.com/d/KkDi8qfnYb_WbA
Adil Cetin A License Amateur Radio Operator
Call Sign: TA4DIL QTH: Antalya / Türkiye
 

Offline bffargo

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 93
  • Country: us
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2652 on: December 25, 2024, 01:10:40 am »
As discussed previously in this thread:
* The original display "curve" is faked / overly smoothed data. The alternate firmware gives a better representation of the actual values sampled to the limit of quality of the ADC's
* The date/time display only works if you solder in a 3rd party real time DS3231 clock chip with backup battery for it to work.
* As to the calibration problems, you need a stable discretely settable power supply capable of producing 0V to 15V without more than a few mv of noise, otherwise your calibration will not be successful and error out. Consider powering a from a bank of LiIon cells to remove external noise sources. Use some good BNC adapters/T-connectors to share the voltage across both inputs when prompted.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2024, 01:13:41 am by bffargo »
 

Offline Destroyer93

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: es
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2653 on: December 30, 2024, 08:05:53 am »
Hello everyone, excellent work you have done with the new firmware :-+, here are some photos of the ADC of my oscilloscope and the FPGA (Purchased a few days ago), I think they forgot to scratch the reference :o, although ¨2515¨ doesn't sound familiar to me known from nowhere :-\. Just a small doubt that I see that the original firmware does not do, in the absence of signal it is normal for a slight noise to appear of about 20 to 30 mv Rms? (I ask the question because it was horrible for me to be able to calibrate the Shift DC, because that slight noise did not disappear :-DMM)
PS: Excuse the translation
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2654 on: December 30, 2024, 11:40:49 am »
Please provide a photo of the noise and a photo of the diagnostic screen.  The battery was charged to the maximum.?
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2655 on: December 30, 2024, 12:40:17 pm »
Catalog of changes in released firmware
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: rozwell

Offline Destroyer93

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: es
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2656 on: December 30, 2024, 01:01:14 pm »
Nope...it was at 40% or 35% :bullshit: when I noticed that detail of the noise, I'm loading it now. When finished I will do the test again and send you photos
 

Offline cte

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 83
  • Country: de
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2657 on: December 30, 2024, 06:08:41 pm »
2415 looks more like a date code.
⚡ To avoid electric shock, ensure that your instrument is correctly grounded.
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2658 on: January 01, 2025, 07:22:26 pm »
Showing wrong frequency in an 500hz square wave after using auto set in dc coupling. Switching to ac returns to normal.

https://youtu.be/fQD3lfvMDII
I forgot about it. Can you check it on this firmware to see if it works properly, thanks
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: facekim

Offline SergeAv

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2659 on: January 06, 2025, 04:18:29 pm »
Hello friends. I have recently byed 1013D oscilloscope.
Please help me to understand why my scope slows down on that alternative firmware. As if ADC does not have enough sampling rate and the scope freezes at all. At the same time the device interface responds normally to touch.
When I switch the scope to the original firmware no similar problems are observed.
Video (a few second of normal behavior on original firmware first): https://youtu.be/lHXMj--6qGE
Picture of the diagnostic screen in attachment.
The current version of the alternative firmware is 0.025y, on versions 0.025u, 0.025x the scope behaves the same way.
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2660 on: January 06, 2025, 07:37:05 pm »
Upload firmaware page 101
"supergun777 upload this firmware, only for you. Take picture or upload video again, with oscillogram freezes. See rightup corner."

make video.
P.S. long memory is OFF ? 
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline SergeAv

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2661 on: January 07, 2025, 06:45:33 am »
P.S. long memory is OFF ? 
Bingo! It was a problem. It looks like I hit that button when I was familiarizing myself with the new firmware.
Thank you so much for your work...
 

Offline engineer.r152

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 78
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2662 on: January 07, 2025, 08:20:29 am »
Hi, Atlan! And why is this mode needed, why is there an active button that confuses everyone? This is not the first time this has happened.
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2663 on: January 07, 2025, 09:38:54 am »
Because I started working on it, then someone reported a bug, it was removed.  A long memory remained unfinished.   To be fair, it failed to work around the FPGA limitation.  I will release a new version where long memory will be banned.  I just have a usb-virtual com port programmed.  (I'm not doing very well yet)
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: engineer.r152

Offline email hidden

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: cz
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2664 on: January 07, 2025, 08:44:33 pm »
Hi. So I gave up playing with HEX TP. (unfortunately I'm not retired yet) Tried a simpler option and bought a new TP with GT911. It seems 1mm bigger, but it fits perfectly. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007053823391.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.3a6918022Bk3US
You could count the lines in the picture. The old one was 18x12, this one is 18x13. Delivery time six days. After connecting, I first loaded the flash of the new TP to be sure. The TP panel was flashing red, non-standard. I'll attach the contents if it's useful to anyone. Then I inserted the original card and found that the panel works perfectly. I didn't have to do anything at all and I have a working device again. I want to thank you very much for your help. The only problem I have is that I lost the screws. I had it disassembled for a long time. Thank you, thank you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2025, 08:56:30 pm by email hidden »
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2665 on: January 08, 2025, 07:27:37 am »
Hi. So I gave up playing with HEX TP. (unfortunately I'm not retired yet) Tried a simpler option and bought a new TP with GT911. It seems 1mm bigger, but it fits perfectly. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007053823391.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.3a6918022Bk3US
You could count the lines in the picture. The old one was 18x12, this one is 18x13. Delivery time six days. After connecting, I first loaded the flash of the new TP to be sure. The TP panel was flashing red, non-standard. I'll attach the contents if it's useful to anyone. Then I inserted the original card and found that the panel works perfectly. I didn't have to do anything at all and I have a working device again. I want to thank you very much for your help. The only problem I have is that I lost the screws. I had it disassembled for a long time. Thank you, thank you.

Good to hear that it is working again. Indeed a simpler solution then tinkering with the configuration of the other one.

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2666 on: January 08, 2025, 02:56:36 pm »
Hi. So I gave up playing with HEX TP. (unfortunately I'm not retired yet) Tried a simpler option and bought a new TP with GT911. It seems 1mm bigger, but it fits perfectly. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007053823391.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.3a6918022Bk3US
You could count the lines in the picture. The old one was 18x12, this one is 18x13. Delivery time six days. After connecting, I first loaded the flash of the new TP to be sure. The TP panel was flashing red, non-standard. I'll attach the contents if it's useful to anyone. Then I inserted the original card and found that the panel works perfectly. I didn't have to do anything at all and I have a working device again. I want to thank you very much for your help. The only problem I have is that I lost the screws. I had it disassembled for a long time. Thank you, thank you.

I suggested that solution to you first. Considering the price of the display alone, when an hour of programming costs 20E, it's not worth bothering with it and producing incompatible hardware in one piece. (HLAVNE ZE to funguje)

Version 0.026a - removed the option to enable long memory.

FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: ascarons22, tokar, engineer.r152

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2667 on: January 09, 2025, 06:49:04 am »
I suggested that solution to you first. Considering the price of the display alone, when an hour of programming costs 20E, it's not worth bothering with it and producing incompatible hardware in one piece. (HLAVNE ZE to funguje)

But with this new panel he would still have been up shit creek without the modified original firmware. On startup it would have modified the touch panel configuration and due to the additional number of sensor lines on the new touch panel he would not have had full touch range.

Wow 20 euro for an hour of programming is cheap. Back in 2010 I charged 70 euro for my services, including programming, and that was considered kind of cheap. Might be that wages are higher in the Netherlands, but prices of groceries are most likely also higher than in Slovakia.

Offline MathWizard

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2532
  • Country: ca
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2668 on: January 09, 2025, 10:52:30 am »
So are the FNIRSI-1013D, 8-bit ? Did Hantek or some make USB-PC scopes, that were 12 or 16bit ?
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2669 on: January 09, 2025, 11:57:15 am »
So are the FNIRSI-1013D, 8-bit ? Did Hantek or some make USB-PC scopes, that were 12 or 16bit ?

Yes, these FNIRSI scopes are 8 bitters ADC wise. The processor is an ARM based 32 bit CPU.

I have no idea if Hantek ever made a 12 bit scope, be it stand alone or USB based.

Of 16 bit scopes with high sample rates there won't be a lot around and if you find one it will be expensive. It is still very recent that cheaper 12 bit scopes entered the market. For the hobbyist Rigol and Siglent are the go to brands, at least in my opinion.

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2670 on: January 12, 2025, 08:11:13 pm »
A slight change in appearance. 0.026b
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: zildan, tokar, facekim, engineer.r152, SergeAv

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2671 on: January 18, 2025, 03:17:20 pm »
Just like that
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: facekim

Offline engineer.r152

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 78
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2672 on: January 18, 2025, 03:38:15 pm »
An interesting idea, what can he do?
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2673 on: January 18, 2025, 04:31:56 pm »
Nothing yet. :D
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer, facekim

Offline citek

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: ua
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2674 on: January 18, 2025, 07:39:28 pm »
Hello everyone!

A few words about everything: pcprogrammer - your reverse engineering is truly captivating reading!
Every night before going to bed I read and reread the messages on hacking and eagerly awaited the continuation - this is +1024 to your karma!)

Also a big thank you to all those who continue to work on firmware and bootloaders! And where would we be without beta testers! Stars from the sky for everyone)

I am an electronics enthusiast in my free time and for creativity I use Siglent SDS2104X Plus (with activation from another thread of this forum)
I bought 1013D back in 2021 - because it looks pretty in the picture and, of course, I wanted to have a portable device just in case (to take with me) - it's a cool toy)
But I never used it because of the native firmware. Then life changed and only now I got the opportunity to play with this oscilloscope.

I haven't flashed it yet, I just finished reading this thread so I wouldn't miss anything.
Of course, I visited the manufacturer's website and came across the updated firmware, and here are a few questions:

Has anyone updated the firmware from Fnirsi? (What changes are there?)
If I try to update, will it be possible to return to the open source firmware?
Is it possible to temporarily install the manufacturer's firmware on the card using the bootloader for testing?

Firmware
https://www.fnirsi.com/pages/support-and-downloads?srsltid=AfmBOoqJ__o6ILvaTPLgDZegLURHQDYwUCge2Rf8drCNHL_DWOFXsB5Q#

Sorry for my English - it's all Google translator)

Thank for all!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2025, 07:47:59 pm by citek »
 
The following users thanked this post: Felipe Lacerda, facekim, OLderDan


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->