Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 1480851 times)

0 Members and 105 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline TA4DIL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 25
  • Country: tr
  • Electronics Engineer
    • FNIRSI1013D
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3000 on: May 04, 2025, 12:30:46 am »
Yes. It wouldn't even be necessary, but I tested it. A resistive divider is formed in the potentiometer itself, so any value varies from VDD to VSS. The lower value is preferable due to impedance. In fact, the test was to confirm that the fine adjust be comfortable. And yes, it is very easy to adjust.
Since lithium batteries have very high amperage, they burn resistances like a resistor, so for low voltages I try to pass the first two stages with batteries that have been removed from the 1.5 volt remote control and have lost their energy, the 50k potentiometer is just enough.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2025, 12:35:36 am by TA4DIL »
Adil Cetin A License Amateur Radio Operator
Call Sign: TA4DIL QTH: Antalya / Türkiye
 

Offline ECJ

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 16
  • Country: br
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3001 on: May 04, 2025, 01:34:20 am »
Yes. It wouldn't even be necessary, but I tested it. A resistive divider is formed in the potentiometer itself, so any value varies from VDD to VSS. The lower value is preferable due to impedance. In fact, the test was to confirm that the fine adjust be comfortable. And yes, it is very easy to adjust.
Since lithium batteries have very high amperage, they burn resistances like a resistor, so for low voltages I try to pass the first two stages with batteries that have been removed from the 1.5 volt remote control and have lost their energy, the 50k potentiometer is just enough.

It doesn't matter how much current the power supply is capable of supplying, but rather the current that the load will demand according to the applied voltage. For a resistive load, we apply ohm's law.

I = V/R
4.2V/1000R = 4.2mA
P = VxI
4.2v * 0.0042A = 17.6mW

This trimmer can dissipate up to 500mW!
 
The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer, engineer.r152, TA4DIL

Offline rozwell

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 32
  • Country: pl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3002 on: May 04, 2025, 06:23:49 pm »
Since lithium batteries have very high amperage, they burn resistances like a resistor, so for low voltages I try to pass the first two stages with batteries that have been removed from the 1.5 volt remote control and have lost their energy, the 50k potentiometer is just enough.
Now I get the misconception with potentiometers and I apologize, was too sleepy and used the wrong image yesterday |O but I see @ECJ already explained it :)

I'm personally using just 2 pots without the resistor while keeping in mind their power limits.
You'll find there a proper image now.
 
The following users thanked this post: ECJ, TA4DIL

Offline mehdifat

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 56
  • Country: ir
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3003 on: May 05, 2025, 08:26:07 am »
Dear atlan. I finally installed the firmware. It is actually easier DONE than said. It was easy thanks for the great I instruction and loader program.

Great job bro, excellent features specially low voltage detection and wave reading function. Bro you really put fnirsi to shame man. I now have a chance to detect noise at longer timebase.

Is there any chance someday you could add peak detect? I increased the sampling rate but wave length shown becomes smaller.i think it because of low memory of the device. Even now the device is working better man at least I have a chance of seeing the noise at lower time base for a moment which helps a lot but I hope you can add peak detect someday. You and pcprogrammer have clearly done excellent work man thanks a lot for making this device so good :-+

I calibrated it according to the instructions two times. I didn't find DC offset calibration I only managed to calibrate the inputs .
Now my device reports DC way better and more precise than fnirsi original firmware but when I push auto, it all goes wrong and voltage is reported wrong. I have to press base line Calibration to get the DC voltage right. Is it normal or I have done something wrong?

Before calibration, there was a noise floor at around 24 to 29 mv p to p at 100mhz in channel 2 and with less voltage at channel one. After calibration there is still noise but around 6 to 9 mv.
Have I done something wrong or it is just the crap hardware of 1013d?
 
The following users thanked this post: facekim

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3004 on: May 05, 2025, 09:16:12 am »
https://youtu.be/KzT5EDAOOlQ?si=No9eUDMxXqmF-fF7
On/off dc shift cal. Is in Other menu
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: facekim, mehdifat

Offline mehdifat

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 56
  • Country: ir
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3005 on: May 05, 2025, 10:04:15 am »
Does the frequency matter? Can I use  5k frequency? I don't have a signal generator but easily can use my phone as low frequency signal generator. I can use a mixer as a preamp and increase the output voltage to 5V. Will it be good enough or higher frequency is a needed?
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3006 on: May 05, 2025, 10:17:48 am »
The frequency doesn't really matter, nor is the voltage critical. At a given sensitivity, the signal on the screen should be as large as possible, but less than 80% of the maximum.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: mehdifat

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3007 on: May 05, 2025, 07:22:43 pm »
Maybe REFx saving and loading works and maybe some error has been added. The last one I made was really good :( v0.26r6++++
« Last Edit: May 05, 2025, 07:34:26 pm by Atlan »
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: rozwell, Russell2024UK, TA4DIL

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3008 on: May 05, 2025, 08:00:29 pm »
Hi Atlan  :)  I just wanted to say that the 1013D oscilloscope firmware update is fantastic! I've downloaded the REF update firmware (fnirsi_1013d.bin v0.26r6)  :-/O and tested the Reference waveform saving across both input channels—it works seamlessly. 

To save a reference waveform, simply store CH1 to REF 1, then verify that the wave is correctly saved. If you wish to store it in the 1013D oscilloscope’s internal memory for future recall, use “Save REF1”, which confirms “File saved successfully: 1.ref”. The same process applies for saving up to four reference signals.

I've personally tested both channels, and everything functions flawlessly. This is a neat and valuable feature for a simple yet powerful oscilloscope like the 1013D. I’m really happy with this update, and I’m sure others on the forum will appreciate it too... Ps hope this helps  :-+
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3009 on: May 05, 2025, 08:07:43 pm »
I added a function there. Pressing Load or COPY will automatically turn on the ref waveform display.v0. 26r6++

I will make an edit later so that after pressing save, it automatically makes a copy if the refx buffer is empty.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2025, 08:11:33 pm by Atlan »
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: facekim, rozwell, Russell2024UK, ECJ, TA4DIL

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3010 on: May 06, 2025, 08:45:35 am »
Hi Atlan  :) No rush at all, but I wanted to share an observation regarding the new Reference section  :-/O in the 1013D oscilloscope firmware (version 0.26r6). For the reference picture capture feature, would it be possible in a future update to adjust the button outlines (e.g., CH1 to REF1, Load REF1, Save REF1, and so on up to REF4)? Specifically, having no colour outline until a button is pressed would make it easier to identify the active selection for navigation.

Whenever you have the chance, of course—no urgency! I appreciate your work on this  :-+
 

Offline mehdifat

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 56
  • Country: ir
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3011 on: May 06, 2025, 11:59:45 am »
atlan, i remember you or pcprogrammer said that 50mv per div is actually software zoom. will it be possible to add more zooms like 20mv or 10mv(200mv or 100mv at 10x)? if not what about simple pixelated digital zoom like the one on cellphones when we tap the screen two times in the browser  or zoom digitally when using camera?
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3012 on: May 06, 2025, 01:20:22 pm »
Definitely not. I hope that soon this nonsense (50mV) will not be needed.

Use an active probe with gain 2. Select x0.5
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: ECJ, mehdifat

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3013 on: May 06, 2025, 04:58:22 pm »
Hi Atlan  :) could you check something for me on my 1013D oscilloscope with firmware v0.26r6? When I save a wave view (Save wave) and then check the captured Waveform View in a group, (my Picture 1013D Scope Wave View Date Times OK 1) correctly displays the date and time in properties for each individual wave. However, when I view each Waveform View separately Burnt in Time,Date  (My Picture 1013D Scope Wave View Date Times Does Not Change Per View), it only shows the date (Burnt in time,Date  ) of the most recently captured wave. Even when I change to the previous or next wave. Any idea what might be causing this ? Thanks  :-+
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3014 on: May 06, 2025, 06:44:09 pm »
This is an error that occurred after requesting the date in the image :P Added REF font colors, do you also want SAVE to change color?
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: rozwell, Russell2024UK, TA4DIL

Offline mehdifat

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 56
  • Country: ir
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3015 on: May 06, 2025, 06:51:09 pm »
Definitely not. I hope that soon this nonsense (50mV) will not be needed.

Use an active probe with gain 2. Select x0.5

hope you are not planning on removing the 50mv option. i can't get an active probe i simply use my other scope when i get home.1013d is a on-the-job scope. an active probe costs more than 1013d!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2025, 07:04:34 pm by mehdifat »
 

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3016 on: May 06, 2025, 07:21:45 pm »
Hi Atlan  :) Thank you! The time and date burnt in on Save Wave is now perfect  :-/O —I really appreciate the prompt fix.

The Reference waveforms ( lock colours icons ) Save also works well, and the colours on channels 1 and 2 look great—much less confusing now! I'm sure others on the forum will test it too.

Thanks again for all your superb help  :-+
 

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3017 on: May 06, 2025, 09:56:52 pm »
Hi Atlan  :-+ Could you check something for me on my 1013D oscilloscope with firmware v0.26r6?

Regarding the reference waveforms saved, could you verify whether the volts per division value is retained with each one? Mine doesn't seem to carry over—if I save a waveform at 1 volt per division, it doesn't display that value when I bring it back. Instead, I can set it to anything, which seems unusual.

Would retaining the correct volts per division within that channel help with measurements? Or is this just something unnecessary that I'm overthinking?

What do others on the forum think?  :)
 

Offline TA4DIL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 25
  • Country: tr
  • Electronics Engineer
    • FNIRSI1013D
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3018 on: May 06, 2025, 10:58:38 pm »
Atlan I really appreciate your hard work, patience and dedication. When we look at the device from its previous state to its current state, it can be seen that it has evolved and its capabilities have increased significantly. You have fulfilled our friends' requests one by one. Therefore, I did not ask for anything special that would be troublesome for you, they already wanted everything that came to my mind. Please tell us whatever you want from us, :) As if what we were missing was the colors of the waveforms, you have done that too. I have no doubt that you will make the remaining corrections regarding the device's capabilities, I follow the developments hour by hour. Best regards, I wish you good and profitable work, may Allah bless your work.
Adil Cetin A License Amateur Radio Operator
Call Sign: TA4DIL QTH: Antalya / Türkiye
 

Offline Dbuezas

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 9
  • Country: de
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3019 on: May 07, 2025, 02:18:38 pm »
Yes I noticed that too, that when i change the volts per division, the ref wave is not scaled. I'd prefer it to stay in the right scale (i.e that the volts/division affect it)
 
The following users thanked this post: Russell2024UK

Offline mehdifat

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 56
  • Country: ir
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3020 on: May 07, 2025, 06:55:33 pm »
dear Atlan. in noticed something weird. there is an amount of 6 to 9mv noise floor at 1x mode after input calibration. but whenever i increase voltage per division, the noise increases  around two times. i uploaded some pics of this. at 10x the noise is ten times more naturally.
is it normal or i have to do something?
 

Offline bffargo

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 93
  • Country: us
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3021 on: May 07, 2025, 09:09:10 pm »
Atlan will know best but it almost seems like that is just a multiplier of pixel sampling.

Meaning if in 50mv per div, 1 pixel = say 1mv.   @ 500mv per div, 1 pixel = 10mv,  @ 5V per div, 1 pixel = 100mv, etc...  So naturally if the scale changes both will equally, even if the actual voltage doesn't really hit that level.
 
The following users thanked this post: mehdifat

Offline TA4DIL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 25
  • Country: tr
  • Electronics Engineer
    • FNIRSI1013D
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3022 on: May 08, 2025, 11:01:04 am »
I just checked and it shows the same results for me.
Adil Cetin A License Amateur Radio Operator
Call Sign: TA4DIL QTH: Antalya / Türkiye
 

Offline TA4DIL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 25
  • Country: tr
  • Electronics Engineer
    • FNIRSI1013D
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3023 on: May 08, 2025, 11:05:55 am »
Atlan will know best but it almost seems like that is just a multiplier of pixel sampling.

Meaning if in 50mv per div, 1 pixel = say 1mv.   @ 500mv per div, 1 pixel = 10mv,  @ 5V per div, 1 pixel = 100mv, etc...  So naturally if the scale changes both will equally, even if the actual voltage doesn't really hit that level.
I did the calibration again, I checked it now and I observed the same results. Atlan will make a correction for this.
Adil Cetin A License Amateur Radio Operator
Call Sign: TA4DIL QTH: Antalya / Türkiye
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3024 on: May 08, 2025, 11:47:08 am »
Atlan will know best but it almost seems like that is just a multiplier of pixel sampling.

Meaning if in 50mv per div, 1 pixel = say 1mv.   @ 500mv per div, 1 pixel = 10mv,  @ 5V per div, 1 pixel = 100mv, etc...  So naturally if the scale changes both will equally, even if the actual voltage doesn't really hit that level.
Basically you are right. If you don't like it, turn on the fnirsi firmware, it's perfect, you can see the pixel count on the screen but the VPP is 0 :D
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: mehdifat


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->