Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 1478302 times)

0 Members and 86 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3050 on: May 20, 2025, 07:22:05 am »
Hi Atlan  :) I removed the rear cover of my Oscilloscope 1013D to inspect one side of the LCD display. It seems like it could be adjusted down slightly, but it's fixed very securely, so I decided not to move it to avoid damaging the LCD  :palm: . If it's not possible to adjust the real-time display down by a pixel through the software, I'll leave it as is. ( Any one on the forum have the same ?  ) Thanks  :-+
 

Offline gadak

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 32
  • Country: al
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3051 on: May 20, 2025, 08:33:39 am »
Hello, accidentally saw a problem in the firmware s1 does not work correctly trigger, when activated there is no button wait sometimes it turned out with several reboots of the oscilloscope button appeared and you can take a signal, also sometimes you can catch its appearance at a certain sweep. I think I explained it correctly. Link for video https://youtu.be/FGdfZgqA0Yk
 

Offline rozwell

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 32
  • Country: pl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3052 on: May 20, 2025, 11:08:40 am »
Hello, accidentally saw a problem in the firmware s1 does not work correctly trigger, when activated there is no button wait sometimes it turned out with several reboots of the oscilloscope button appeared and you can take a signal, also sometimes you can catch its appearance at a certain sweep. I think I explained it correctly. Link for video https://youtu.be/FGdfZgqA0Yk
You do realize on the right side you have a trigger slider already on the the signal/noise and it's triggering instantly because of that?
Try moving it higher and it should work just fine.
 
The following users thanked this post: Russell2024UK

Offline rozwell

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 32
  • Country: pl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3053 on: May 20, 2025, 11:22:42 am »
Hello everyone  :D  has anyone experienced a slight issue with the Real Time display on the 1013D Oscilloscope? Mine needs to be moved down a bit, just above the RUN icon. Is it my display or do you have same ? Thanks, everyone  :-+
Here is my display, seems to be aligned but it still depends on the view angle.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2025, 11:26:47 am by rozwell »
 
The following users thanked this post: Russell2024UK

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3054 on: May 20, 2025, 11:48:55 am »
You've already been answered, and I recommend you study the instructions. Because in single mode there's a difference whether you're above or below the center axis.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3055 on: May 20, 2025, 12:25:55 pm »
Rozwell thank you for checking  :-+
 

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3056 on: May 22, 2025, 08:09:29 pm »
Hi Atlan  :) Regarding the new firmware 0.26s for the 1013D oscilloscope, could you please explain how to use the "Add a Tag to BMP"  :-/O feature found within System Settings > Other Settings > Add a Tag to BMP? I'm struggling with it :palm:
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3057 on: May 23, 2025, 09:42:33 am »
If the option is enabled, a time stamp (if the oscilloscope has an RTC) or the image name (if it does not have an RTC) is inserted into the image.

If the option is disabled, the image will not contain this information.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: Russell2024UK

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3058 on: May 23, 2025, 11:12:28 am »
Perfect now i understand  what it means ref Add a tag to BMP :-/O ...Just tested out great thanks again. Have a good weekend  :-+
 

Offline FlinForaday

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 5
  • Country: za
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3059 on: May 23, 2025, 01:40:19 pm »
Hi, sorry to have to ask. I just need to make sure that I'm doing the right thing.

Do I ignore the firmware files in `latest firmware version` directory on the github and just use the latest in root (v0.26s2)?

Is there a way to see the current firmware version on a new device?

Thanks
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3060 on: May 23, 2025, 02:38:51 pm »
Hi, sorry to have to ask. I just need to make sure that I'm doing the right thing.

Do I ignore the firmware files in `latest firmware version` directory on the github and just use the latest in root (v0.26s2)?

Is there a way to see the current firmware version on a new device?

Thanks

A new device uses the stock firmware that does not show version numbers and is very different from this open source firmware.

In the open source version the version information is displayed on screen, but I'm not sure where and to what extend. I have not used this scope in a long time.  :)

Use the latest based on the version number and letter addendum. Look through this thread to see if there is a newer one. Atlan does provide it often here first for testing.

Offline FlinForaday

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 5
  • Country: za
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3061 on: May 23, 2025, 03:52:34 pm »
Excellent, all is good. Thank you. I need to just do calibration. I do not have an analog power supply, do I need to use a battery of the exact voltage instructed?
 

Offline TA4DIL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 25
  • Country: tr
  • Electronics Engineer
    • FNIRSI1013D
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3062 on: May 23, 2025, 04:04:34 pm »
Hello friend, the beta version published on github is available at the link fnirsi_1013d.bin.v0.26s2.txt, but you should use the latest published s1 shared by Atlan here, Atlan is constantly publishing 1 or 2 different beta versions per week, if you follow, you will be informed about different developments.

I added the s2 software so that you do not make a wrong installation, if you want to try it, you should activate the Menu/System Settings/Boot Menu button after you have done the installation. In this way, you can use Fnirsi by selecting the Old and New software on the opening screen.
Adil Cetin A License Amateur Radio Operator
Call Sign: TA4DIL QTH: Antalya / Türkiye
 

Offline TA4DIL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 25
  • Country: tr
  • Electronics Engineer
    • FNIRSI1013D
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3063 on: May 23, 2025, 04:28:57 pm »
Make the connection using a digital measuring device parallel to the connection. 2 Pieces of 9 Volt Batteries and 1 Piece of Multi-turn 100K Potentiometer is enough, apply the connection seen in the picture, I used a Normal 100K Potentiometer, it requires very precise adjustment, so you use a Multi-turn adjustable resistor. For adjustment use a single 9V battery for 300mV, 600mV, 1.5V, 3V, 7.5V, only for 15V adjust the second 9V battery in series with a 15V Adjustable resistor.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2025, 04:44:21 pm by TA4DIL »
Adil Cetin A License Amateur Radio Operator
Call Sign: TA4DIL QTH: Antalya / Türkiye
 
The following users thanked this post: facekim, FlinForaday

Offline FlinForaday

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 5
  • Country: za
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3064 on: May 27, 2025, 12:00:31 pm »
Calibration fails immediately after I press OK at the first 300mV step. I am using a battery and got to exactly 300mV using multi-turn pot. But it fails no matter what I use for the power source. It says that calibration failed and I must reset. I have tried resetting from the diagnostics menu (does not seem to do anything) and tried again, but no joy.

Do I connect both probes at he same time?

Do I use 10x or 100x for calibration? I have tried both.

thanks!
 

Offline rozwell

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 32
  • Country: pl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3065 on: May 27, 2025, 12:43:48 pm »
Do I connect both probes at he same time?
Yes: "Input CH1 & CH2
calibration
"

Do I use 10x or 100x for calibration? I have tried both.
1x on both probes.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2025, 12:52:40 pm by rozwell »
 
The following users thanked this post: Russell2024UK, FlinForaday

Offline FlinForaday

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 5
  • Country: za
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3066 on: May 27, 2025, 04:12:29 pm »
Thanks, works now. Not sure what I did wrong before.
 

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3067 on: May 27, 2025, 06:01:53 pm »
On the 1013D oscilloscope, would it ever be possible to move a Reference REF captured image (individually) long the Y axes on the screen ( X & Y )  for comparison with other captured REF images captured  ...Currently it works in the X axes  :-+
 

Offline TA4DIL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 25
  • Country: tr
  • Electronics Engineer
    • FNIRSI1013D
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3068 on: May 28, 2025, 12:10:03 am »
Connect both probes to the battery you have prepared as shown in the picture, the switch on the probes should be at x1, both probe options on the Fnırsı should be x1, even if it is in a different position, it automatically becomes x1 when you take it into calibration, there will be no probe and USB cable at the beginning of the calibration, then the instructions will guide you on the screen, you will finish the calibration in approximately 3 minutes with only 2 probes according to the instructions, good luck to you, I wish you good work.
Adil Cetin A License Amateur Radio Operator
Call Sign: TA4DIL QTH: Antalya / Türkiye
 
The following users thanked this post: FlinForaday

Offline Varefaz

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: it
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3069 on: May 30, 2025, 01:01:08 pm »
Hello everyone, Before proceeding with the FW modification I would have some questions.
I only have Windows devices at home to back up how can I do it?
If I don't back up what happens?
I saw a video for uploading the FW. It seems very very simple. I take the Fw loader I choose the bin file from the latest firmware folder and jar on write. Is it really that simple? Then I just need to do the calibration and it's done right?
Do I necessarily need to change the SD card?
Calibration is necessary to do it at those voltage levels therefore 300mV etc. I read that someone uses batteries and potentiometers. Right?

Thanks to everyone,
Varefaz
 

Offline TA4DIL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 25
  • Country: tr
  • Electronics Engineer
    • FNIRSI1013D
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3070 on: May 30, 2025, 04:00:38 pm »
FNIRSI via USB on the computer, Menu/USB Connection, to backup the content, check the Folder Options/View/Show hidden files, folders and drives option and >>>> Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files option/Apply/OK and the hidden folders of the FNIRSI Memory Card will be visible. In the contents, except for the System Volume Information folder, back up all the remaining folders by opening a folder on your computer and using the copy and paste option. Even a 1GB memory card is enough for FNIRSI, if you have a spare memory card, install according to the instructions with the Installer and when FNIRSI opens, you can set the Menu/System Setting/Other Setting/Boot Menu and Default Start, New autostup other buttons ON/OFF according to your preference. After the installation is finished, you can use it with both software, the old software remains in it, there is nothing to hesitate, if you want, I can help you with Remote Connection with AnyDesk.
The necessary installer for Windows and the latest FNIRSI Firmware are in the RAR folder. Delete the .txt extension and the necessary file will be visible in the RAR. You can extract the folder from the RAR and start the process.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2025, 04:30:42 pm by TA4DIL »
Adil Cetin A License Amateur Radio Operator
Call Sign: TA4DIL QTH: Antalya / Türkiye
 
The following users thanked this post: Varefaz

Offline Varefaz

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: it
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3071 on: May 31, 2025, 11:52:41 am »
thank you for your response.
all ok.
i will do the calibration thank you :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2025, 12:37:00 pm by Varefaz »
 

Offline TA4DIL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 25
  • Country: tr
  • Electronics Engineer
    • FNIRSI1013D
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3072 on: June 01, 2025, 05:31:38 pm »
thank you for your response.
all ok.
i will do the calibration thank you :)
I'm glad everything is ok, I was wondering if you managed to install the firmware and use both software as I described
Adil Cetin A License Amateur Radio Operator
Call Sign: TA4DIL QTH: Antalya / Türkiye
 
The following users thanked this post: mishail71

Offline King_E

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 7
  • Country: ua
    • EEVblog Electronics Community Forum
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3073 on: June 02, 2025, 11:33:52 am »
Hello. I installed the v0.26s2 firmware, it works fine, but the rms voltage measurement is not accurate, for example, at 50 Hz instead of 220 V it shows 214 V. On the Fnirsi firmware it shows 219 V. Calibration on voltages: 300 mV, 600 mV, 1.5 V, 3 V, 7.5 V, 15 V was done accurately. How to calibrate the device on alternating voltage?
 

Offline cheater

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 90
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3074 on: June 02, 2025, 07:21:32 pm »
Hi there!

I'm looking at the 1013D and it looks interesting.

One question: Does it have bode plot functionality, either by using the built in generator, or by syncing to / controlling an external generator via eg usb?

By Bode plot I mean both gain and phase plots, a logarithmic scale on the frequency axis, and dBV readout on the gain axis. I do not mean synced sweeps like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMH2hGvqhlE. I know people love to bring this video up, but this method is not useful for what I'm doing.

Appreciate any replies.

Thanks!
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->