Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 1489122 times)

0 Members and 46 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline TriNitron

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 7
  • Country: zw
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3501 on: December 19, 2025, 12:17:34 am »
I'm starting to think it's impossible to achieve stable measurements without hardware modifications. Maybe the quartz crystal needs to be replaced with a femto-clock or something else. But signal instability is the main problem with this model. If it's not addressed, the rest is pointless.
 
The following users thanked this post: mishail71

Offline engineer.r152

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 80
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3502 on: December 19, 2025, 11:21:40 am »
2 problems were found
1. it was not possible to fully correct the frequency measurement, with a decrease in the scan time from 10 kHz, the frequency became 55.3 kHz
2. there was a problem before, but only now I was able to figure it out, the cursor of the first channel starts moving from the cursor position of the second channel when the second channel is turned off, if the channel is turned on then everything works correctly, the second channel works correctly anyway.
Both problems are presented in the video.
https://rutube.ru/shorts/1ddb197dc822ff16acd40a27dd8636fd/
https://rutube.ru/shorts/c0a5ddd2c4ace965236fe72eff7d754a/
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3503 on: December 19, 2025, 02:20:18 pm »
The error in the touch control has been fixed, as well as anything else that was there. It's more complicated for me with the measurements. I'll fix it later.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2025, 02:22:59 pm by Atlan »
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: engineer.r152, rozwell, mishail71

Offline ded

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 11
  • Country: de
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3504 on: December 19, 2025, 06:47:32 pm »
Hi @Atlan, I think I've the right board with the AL3.
Can you confirm this?
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3505 on: December 19, 2025, 08:49:30 pm »
But this is the first version, with protruding connectors and there may be an EP4 altera But I guess when ALTERS were there, they didn't have their numbers deleted?
As always, you do everything at your own risk.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: ded

Online pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6105
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3506 on: December 20, 2025, 07:35:24 am »
Hi @Atlan, I think I've the right board with the AL3.
Can you confirm this?

Yes this looks like an AL3 board. On the Altera based one I have, the IC's markings are not removed and clearly show it is an Altera FPGA.

A simple check is to extract the content of the FLASH near the FPGA and compare it with the bit stream for an AL3 based one. The header part shows the FPGA ID.

Offline gadak222

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: id
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3507 on: December 20, 2025, 09:02:47 am »
Hello,What is the purpose of the black converter in the photo above, which is soldered to a linear voltage stabilizer?
 

Offline ded

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 11
  • Country: de
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3508 on: December 20, 2025, 09:50:17 am »
Hello,What is the purpose of the black converter in the photo above, which is soldered to a linear voltage stabilizer?

This is a step up voltage regulator. The base voltage changes as the battery voltage decreases. This step up stabilizes the base voltage. Atlan already described this a few pages ago. I hope I've explained it correctly; otherwise, please correct me.
 

Offline ded

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 11
  • Country: de
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3509 on: December 21, 2025, 09:09:11 am »
A simple check is to extract the content of the FLASH near the FPGA and compare it with the bit stream for an AL3 based one. The header part shows the FPGA ID.

@PCProgramner, @Atlan
Many thanks for the answer and your great work with the 1013D.

How can I ready the Flash? Must I be desolder the Chip or can I read it directly on the board?
I've order a CH341 Programmer.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2025, 09:12:22 am by ded »
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3510 on: December 21, 2025, 09:19:03 am »
If you use updater 0.02v. It has reduced options. Just unsolder SPI flash near SD card. Solder 4 wires to the connector of spi flash which is for FPGA. If you run updater 0.02v there will be active button DOWNLOAD (firmware fnirsi section), it will allow downloading content from spi flash for FPGA to sd card of oscilloscope. [ so just upload this DOWNLOADED file to forum.] (at the same time it will allow re-uploading of original fpga flash via UPLOAD button)

The Firmware PECO section is used to upload alternative FPGA firmware.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline ded

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 11
  • Country: de
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3511 on: December 21, 2025, 09:56:42 am »
If you use updater 0.02v. It has reduced options. Just unsolder SPI flash near SD card. Solder 4 wires to the connector of spi flash which is for FPGA. If you run updater 0.02v there will be active button DOWNLOAD (firmware fnirsi section), it will allow downloading content from spi flash for FPGA to sd card of oscilloscope. [ so just upload this DOWNLOADED file to forum.] (at the same time it will allow re-uploading of original fpga flash via UPLOAD button)

The Firmware PECO section is used to upload alternative FPGA firmware.

Thanks, I'm familiar with that, but I misunderstood. I thought the FPGA had to be programmed with your version beforehand.
 

Offline TriNitron

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 7
  • Country: zw
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3512 on: December 21, 2025, 10:29:59 am »
Atlan, could you please tell me what versions are currently stable for the EFL2 version of the board?
Bootloader?
Updater?

I recently had a black screen when turning on v0.27u. And when selecting the Fnirsi OS, the waveform window interface and meters froze.

Perhaps the problem is a poor-quality stock SD card...
Or maybe there's some conflict between the bootloader version and the EFL2 chip.

I have a second 30GB Samsung SD card, and it had firmware v.0.26.y, along with earlier versions of the bootloader and updater.
I'm using it for now.

I want to make an SD card with all the stable versions of the components, so this doesn't happen at an inopportune moment, somewhere away from home.

And please tell me, if I enable Average Mode, the signal stabilizes. Can I see the jitter of the actual input signal in this mode, or will it be smoothed out? How much will it be smoothed out?
 

Online pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6105
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3513 on: December 21, 2025, 11:04:39 am »
How can I ready the Flash? Must I be desolder the Chip or can I read it directly on the board?
I've order a CH341 Programmer.

Both are possible, but be aware with the CH341 programmer it might not allow setting the signals to 3.3V and damage your scope due to 5V on the signals. Search the forum on the CH341 Programmer to get more info on this.

The FPGA flash chip can be read in circuit, but make sure the FPGA is up and running before connecting to the FLASH. Do not use the programmers supply to power the FLASH. Let it be supplied by the scope.

Atlans solution will also work, but you have to modify your scope for this.

In your version one of the empty headers is for the FPGA FLASH.

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3514 on: December 21, 2025, 11:09:59 am »
Atlan, could you please tell me what versions are currently stable for the EFL2 version of the board?
Bootloader?
Updater?

I recently had a black screen when turning on v0.27u. And when selecting the Fnirsi OS, the waveform window interface and meters froze.

Perhaps the problem is a poor-quality stock SD card...
Or maybe there's some conflict between the bootloader version and the EFL2 chip.

I have a second 30GB Samsung SD card, and it had firmware v.0.26.y, along with earlier versions of the bootloader and updater.
I'm using it for now.

I want to make an SD card with all the stable versions of the components, so this doesn't happen at an inopportune moment, somewhere away from home.

And please tell me, if I enable Average Mode, the signal stabilizes. Can I see the jitter of the actual input signal in this mode, or will it be smoothed out? How much will it be smoothed out?
Use bootloader v0.7 it checks for FPGA presence. Bottloader 0.8 just waits a while and goes on, which can cause problems. It is only intended for alternative fpga firmware, I will modify it when I have time.

But. I think the problem is somewhere else. Especially when running fnirsi, flash spi is used, so it shouldn't freeze even with a bad card, but with fnirsi you never know.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: TriNitron

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3515 on: December 22, 2025, 07:20:10 pm »
1.00n8 fix for frequency measurement and time-, time + to 50Msa. Try it, I hope it will be OK.

Other errors?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2025, 08:01:15 pm by Atlan »
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: engineer.r152

Offline engineer.r152

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 80
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3516 on: December 22, 2025, 08:30:53 pm »
I found one error, at 9000, 12000 and 15000 samples, when you pause the signal at the end of the waveform, when the time scale decreases, it becomes with a broken tail of data, can it be cut off somehow?
Measurements are now accurate in all modes!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2025, 08:32:32 pm by engineer.r152 »
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3517 on: December 22, 2025, 08:53:05 pm »
That's a rounding thing, Sample Memory has 16380 samples, and in principle you shouldn't go all the way to the end. So you shouldn't see it. That's just an aesthetic flaw, maybe I'll fix it someday.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3518 on: December 23, 2025, 08:32:36 am »
fw 1.00n9 Modified LINEAR plotting function, previously data skipping occurred. CH1 modified function, ch2 original plotting function.
 I think it is clear to everyone what problem the original function can cause.

The video also shows why it is good to have more sample memory available, it is possible to increase the sampling frequency from 5MSa to 50Msa and thus see more in the signal.



P.S. I see that you don't use those oscilloscopes very much, because no one reported that changing the display mode on ch2 doesn't work.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2025, 08:51:38 am by Atlan »
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: facekim, engineer.r152, rozwell, Russell2024UK, mishail71

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3519 on: December 23, 2025, 09:00:51 am »
Why use alternative firmware?

FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: rozwell, Russell2024UK, mishail71

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3520 on: December 24, 2025, 11:50:00 am »
Hello Atlan  :) IVE Found the new bootloader v.08.bin & updater v0.02v.bin & dso firmware v1.00n3.bin

Its in your Zip file thank you found as per picture ...

Thanks PS merry Christmas.. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2025, 12:54:03 pm by Russell2024UK »
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3521 on: December 24, 2025, 12:52:24 pm »
Try it, 3000 samples and 50% trigger occurred.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3522 on: December 24, 2025, 01:18:39 pm »
Hi Atlan I’ve updated to 1.00n6, updater v0.2v, and boot loader v0.8, but I’m not sure what I might have missed or need to do next.

A “failed to open” screen appears, See attached pictures for reference.

Can you help? Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2025, 01:36:16 pm by Russell2024UK »
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3523 on: December 24, 2025, 02:32:10 pm »
It would start in. Reading manual on github (you're wrong, the image on the SD card doesn't really matter) and you don't have a calibrated oscilloscope to restore from a backup on your PC
« Last Edit: December 24, 2025, 07:43:17 pm by Atlan »
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: Russell2024UK

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #3524 on: December 24, 2025, 02:55:59 pm »
Thanks for the update.  :-+

I’ve restored my backup calibration using the 1.1.3 software via USB connection from laptop in the Calibration Tab. Does this look correct now, or is there anything else I should do? Thanks again  :)

In 2026 i will have more time regards FPGA help etc
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->