Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 357985 times)

Offline pjw1234

• Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2021, 02:11:10 am »
u1 and surrounding components are also missing. Any idea what these parts are for?

U1 looks like a LAN port (RJ45 connector) related circuit. :popcorn:

Offline Microcheap

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2021, 05:28:00 am »
I finally had the chance to test this new oscilloscope and I can say I am very pleased so far. It's clearly an entry level scope but it has all the basic functions that most users would need.
It's very usable and I found less bugs in the FW than I would have expected from such a new product from Hantek and the ones I reported, Hantek promptly fixed. Although, I didn't have the time to test all functions, specially the serial decode. Has anyone used this? Does it work well?

The hardware is simple and the board has a lot less components than other models from Hantek, but it does the job. As already pointed by another user, the UI is not the most responsible but it's tolerable, specially considering the price range of this device. Apparently, Hantek is trying to use as many Chinese made ICs as possible. The ADC's marking are completely erased and the main processor is a Lemontree FPGA (???).

The DAC for the AWG had also its marking removed, but I believe it could be the Chinese 3PD5651E. This is the same IC used in their handheld scopes (HT2000) and it's a 10bit DAC. That would explain why they are trying to hide it's specs. It's claimed the awg has a 12bit resolution, but the DAC is only 10bits. They must use some software trickery to increase the resolution. It could be the same reason why the ADC's marks were erased. Maybe they are using a cheaper and slower DAC and overclocking it to get the claimed 1GSa/s specs. Hantek made that with the HT2000 as well.

The color display is very nice but the view angle is a little poor. The big fonts make it easy to read the information on the screen. The push buttons are good enough but the rotary encoders fells cheap and a bit dicky, time and use will tell how reliable they are.

All in all, it's a fairly decent oscilloscope, considering that Hantek advertise it as "cost-effective economy" and some compromised had to be made.

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline Microcheap

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2021, 05:52:10 am »
Besides x1, u18 and u35 mentioned above I also note that on my dso2c10, u1 and surrounding components are also missing. Any idea what these parts are for?

U1 must be the magnetics for a LAN port, something like this: https://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/Pulse_1198.pdf
No need to bother with that, there's a lot of other components missing in the circuit and, if LAN support is not implemented in the firmware, there's no point in try to install that.

Vistorik was kind enough to send me the list of missing components :

DAC : DAC902E
OpAmp : LMH6702
Relay : FD4/4.5-S |428||282| XA0920A

Hope this helps.
I think the DAC is in fact a 3PD5651E, but it's pin compatible with the DAC902E and it should work fine. Maybe you will need to play a bit with some resistor values to adjust the AWG amplitude though.

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2021, 07:20:05 am »
Not all of them have erased the markings, I definitely have DAC902E.

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2021, 04:45:09 pm »
@Vistorik. Ok. I would be happy just to upgrade the software. How can we make it go to 150mhz?

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2021, 07:45:44 pm »
There is a suspicion that all have frequencies up to 150 MHz, the only difference is in the presence or absence of a generator.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 07:48:33 pm by Piton »

Offline Microcheap

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2021, 11:29:05 pm »
There is a suspicion that all have frequencies up to 150 MHz, the only difference is in the presence or absence of a generator.
I did a quick test and I had the same impression. All model seems to have the same BW, a little over 150MHz.

Not all of them have erased the markings, I definitely have DAC902E.
What's your board revision? Did you get the oscilloscope recently?

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2021, 06:28:13 am »
Vistorik was kind enough to send me the list of missing components :

DAC : DAC902E
OpAmp : LMH6702
Relay : FD4/4.5-S |428||282| XA0920A
Hope this helps.
The relay should be HFD4/4.5-S

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2021, 07:18:15 am »
Microcheap, the oscilloscope received about three months ago at a price of $ 174 and with free shipping, now there are no such prices. The version is like everyone else's, there hasn't been a new one yet.

Offline Mark5

• Contributor
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2021, 08:52:25 am »
I opened a new thread dedicated to hacking the DX1X.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hacking-the-dso2x1x/

The following users thanked this post: upsss, jobitjoseph1, xuraax, dmulligan, jono80

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2021, 05:46:59 pm »
From the reports here it looks like some of the DSO2C10 have the (X1) Ext. Trigger/AWG relay and some don't. 
How does the Ext. Trigger work on DSOC10 without the relay?  I don't see any jumpers across the missing relay contacts to enable the Ext. Trigger without the relay. 

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2021, 06:19:32 pm »
I wrote about this in message # 10.

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2021, 06:43:34 pm »
Where is your "message # 10"?

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2021, 07:32:34 pm »
Sorry. answer # 103

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2021, 07:43:29 pm »
I don't see any jumper across L11 on the picture I posted!

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2021, 07:55:18 pm »
Check with a tester, it should be without a relay, it connects the external synchronization connector to the controller.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 07:56:51 pm by Piton »

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2021, 08:15:49 pm »
Must be an imaginary jumper.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2021, 09:54:47 pm »
I would guess that the EXT trigger input is always connected, it's simply disabled in software as the relay is used to also connect the function generator onto the shared BNC connector.  While this saves on design, it does leave that EXT TRIG input vulnerable to damage, if the output rises above the 5V limits.

IF this is the case, This could also open up future mods to drive the EXT trig directly from the function generator, or split them onto separate BNC connectors..
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:00:52 pm by Algoma »

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2021, 01:39:34 am »
@Algoma, I think you are right about the AWG relay.  I don't believe that there are any 2C1x just with the AWG relay and without the AWG DAC and OpAmp.  Some early 2C1x with the relay must also have the DAC & OpAmp and the AWG was just disabled in software.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:34:44 am by upsss »

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2021, 07:32:59 am »
If there is no relay, then the connector must be connected via a jumper directly to the controller and activated by software, or it will not work at all. Check your external trigger is working.

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2021, 07:52:38 am »
I would guess that the EXT trigger input is always connected, it's simply disabled in software as the relay is used to also connect the function generator onto the shared BNC connector.  While this saves on design, it does leave that EXT TRIG input vulnerable to damage, if the output rises above the 5V limits.

IF this is the case, This could also open up future mods to drive the EXT trig directly from the function generator, or split them onto separate BNC connectors..
When the oscilloscope is turned on, the relay connects the connector to the generator output, and when an external trigger is activated, to the controller.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 07:55:19 am by Piton »

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2021, 01:13:31 pm »
@piton The question was how the Ext trigger line remains connected while the relay isn't populated and no visible jumper is installed in its place in any of the photos we've seen so far, unless its hidden on the underside of the board.

I suggested that the EXT trigger's line always runs straight through where the relay is installed and the Relay's NO (Normally Open) contacts are used to tap the Function generator onto that shared trace. Then the system simply ignores the state of the EXT trigger and doesn't actually disconnect it. There are plenty 74HC Analog switches in there that could disable the EXT trigger without using the relay's other contacts to actually disconnect it. 

Of course this simply a theory based on lowest cost design, for ease of manufacture for all the various models. It would all need to be traced out to verify how it all actually connects.

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2021, 08:14:53 am »
was how the Ext trigger line remains connected
I don't understand either. Jumpers L11 and L9 are connected in parallel to the relay contacts, and in its absence, one of them (L11, if I remember correctly) connects the connector to the controller, and the second to the generator output. I checked it with a tester, and the relay works as described earlier.

Offline cmaass

• Contributor
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2021, 03:28:49 pm »
@VISTORIK, the Amplitude Calibration does nothing, When I queried HANTEK about this they told me its only necessary to do the the Offset.
Answer from wangshuang@hantek.com "Users don't need to perform amplitude calibration."

Offline botaki

« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2021, 08:55:15 pm »
Judging from the firmware inside, the scope has a GOWIN FPGA which is probably the lemontree part

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf