Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 357802 times)

kipigor7, OLderDan, Atlan, Aleksandr and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #325 on: June 10, 2021, 12:37:19 pm »
It helps a bit. It's extremely laggy by default, with oc it gets just crappy, but not that terrible ;D
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline tttonyyy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #326 on: June 10, 2021, 10:23:53 pm »
Check the attached pic. All the steps are exactly at the same Y position. I counted a total 40 vertical steps for the 8 vertical divs.
It would be ok-ish if at least, when zooming out the voltage, you could see the whole signal.
But saturating the signal in 2mV mode and going back to 5mV, you get a square signal of 4 divs. That means the signal was clipped to 200mV.
200mV would be 10 vertical divs in 2mV mode, which would make a total of 50steps and just 5.6 bits resolution.
I think I'll return this crap!

When I try that I don't see the same jagged stepped output (see attached) - what do you get in dots rather than vector mode?  What s/w f/w versions are you using?
I do see the same clipping on saturation, though.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 10:27:30 pm by tttonyyy »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #327 on: June 10, 2021, 10:39:40 pm »
Wtf, yours is a lot better! Will look into this. Mine is FW3000, running 20210416 SW.
Edit: It seems it was a calibration issue. Ran calibration again and it got much better! Not so angry now haha
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:08:18 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2021, 12:04:39 am »
Check the attached pic. All the steps are exactly at the same Y position. I counted a total 40 vertical steps for the 8 vertical divs.
It would be ok-ish if at least, when zooming out the voltage, you could see the whole signal.
But saturating the signal in 2mV mode and going back to 5mV, you get a square signal of 4 divs. That means the signal was clipped to 200mV.
200mV would be 10 vertical divs in 2mV mode, which would make a total of 50steps and just 5.6 bits resolution.
I think I'll return this crap!

When I try that I don't see the same jagged stepped output (see attached) - what do you get in dots rather than vector mode?  What s/w f/w versions are you using?
I do see the same clipping on saturation, though.

I'd be far more worried about the triggering as the trigger points in that image ^ don't line up with the waveform.  :-//
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline QuitButton

• Contributor
« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2021, 10:05:43 am »
I tried the same thing.

No, you tried with 4k capture buffer. Try with 4M and a signal on both channels. That's where it showed for me.

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2021, 11:01:36 am »
My final words for a while re my DSO2D10 issues.
I just sent letter to David Hoo Sales Manager Hantek, China 266114
With copy to BangGood who i am very happy with, but they need to know about these Hantek problems.
As hopefully BangGood will stop selling Hantek products, along with all other Hantek distributers and it two years Hantek will be little more than a bad memory!
Imk
1201 Alarm

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2021, 11:43:24 am »
After overclocking, it became worse for me - it freezes constantly, and the amplitude of the generator increased by 25%. After removing the overclocking and flashing the platform, the amplitude did not change. How do I calibrate it now? But at what point it increased - I can't say for sure, perhaps before overclocking, but after the hack it was normal.

Offline tttonyyy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2021, 12:26:35 pm »
Try with 4M and a signal on both channels. That's where it showed for me.

Just tried with 2 channels, 4Mpt @ 125MSa/s and that also looks fine.  Did crash the scope a few times getting there though.

Firmware 3200 s/w 20210416.00

I'd be far more worried about the triggering as the trigger points in that image ^ don't line up with the waveform.  :-//

The triggering on these scopes is pretty abysmal for anything other than a sharp rising or falling edge.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 02:19:49 pm by tttonyyy »

Offline SimonM

• Contributor
« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2021, 02:15:38 pm »
I just sent a letter to David Hoo Sales Manager Hantek, China 266114
With a copy to BangGood who I am very happy with, but they need to know about these Hantek problems.
As hopefully BangGood will stop selling Hantek products, along with all other Hantek distributers and in two years Hantek will be little more than a bad memory!
Imk

Good for you.

I have been enthusiastic about the DSO2D15 for seven days but I have absolutely lost my patience with it and it is going back to Amazon. They ask what is wrong in just a few words, my summary (did I miss anything?): "Scope issues: often loses sync between AWG, scope & Hantek's probes. Input is very noisy. The calibrated channel has DC offset. Scope hangs using knobs e.g. turn off/on [again]. Protocol decoding unreliable".

Simon
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 01:18:40 am by SimonM »

Offline QuitButton

• Contributor
« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2021, 02:50:46 pm »
So this thread now becomes...

sds1202x-e OR ds1202z-e OR...   :popcorn:

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2021, 02:58:55 pm »
With the price of these DSO2X1X Series rising, Hantek best fix their software right. Considering OWON and FNIRSI have already put out their competing scopes on a similar platform / market.

Although more basic build quality (and matching price advantage), OWON and FNIRSI's software appears to actually work well enough for the entry level functions, Compared to the basic things that Hantek seems to struggle with maintaining in their software.  I still feel Hantek has the most potential hardware wise (especially reading the datasheets for the chips they used), they really need push harder to fix their software.

Offline dmulligan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2021, 03:03:38 pm »
It's too bad Hantek isn't willing to open source the software for this DSO.  Imagine what the development community could do with it. 

I know it's not as easy as my statement makes it sound but it would probably be easier than the way they are going at it now.

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2021, 03:26:38 pm »
I just sent a letter to David Hoo Sales Manager Hantek, China 266114
With a copy to BangGood who I am very happy with, but they need to know about these Hantek problems.
As hopefully BangGood will stop selling Hantek products, along with all other Hantek distributers and in two years Hantek will be little more than a bad memory!
Imk

Good for you.

I have been enthusiastic about the DSO2D15 for seven days but I have absolutely lost my patience with it and it is going back to Amazon. They ask what is wrong in just a few words, my summary (did I miss anything?): "Scope issues: often loses sync between AWG, scope & Hantek's probes. Input is very noisy. The calibrated channel has DC offset. Scope hangs using knobs e.g. turn off/on [again]. Protocol decoding unreliable".

That about sums it up for me, unreliable, software full of bugs, unresponsive Hantek support.
Interesting is when i initially complained they had a fix in two days, makes me think they new about the problem and had a bodge ready for those that reported the issue!
1201 Alarm

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #338 on: June 11, 2021, 05:39:19 pm »
Simon,
I asked same question Siglent or Rigol https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1202x-e-or-rigol-ds1202z-e/new/?topicseen#new

I think my money is on the https://siglent.co.uk/product/siglent-sds1104x-u-4ch-100mhz-1gsa-s-14mpts-super-phosphor-oscilloscope/
Plus chk out eevblog reviews and you'll find a video on it that it not too damming

But i am going to wait a week to see what Hantek does, as i think my returning it door has closed due to waiting for Hantek support.
================ I should have returned it day one, rather than mess with support, if its bad, its bad :-( ===========
If Hantek don't come up with anything i'll ebay it and order a siglent, pity it doesn't have a simple sig gen.
Good luck imk
1201 Alarm

Offline SimonM

• Contributor
« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2021, 06:10:01 pm »
Simon,
I asked same question Siglent or Rigol https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1202x-e-or-rigol-ds1202z-e/new/?topicseen#new

I think my money is on the https://siglent.co.uk/product/siglent-sds1104x-u-4ch-100mhz-1gsa-s-14mpts-super-phosphor-oscilloscope/
Plus chk out eevblog reviews and you'll find a video on it that it not too damming

But i am going to wait a week to see what Hantek does, as i think my returning it door has closed due to waiting for Hantek support.

Hi Ian

Good luck with extending the returns window. My eyes are open to buying through the company you bought the scope through. So I'm following your story with interest. How you get on may determine how I shop in the future.

I think you could argue that you started the process of determining what was wrong with Hantek early and you did it politely too. Getting a resolution from the company also helps the company you bought it from because sending it back ultimately costs them money and they work on small enough margins. They should not be penalized for something they have limited control over.

You are giving Hantek an opportunity to fix things before you invoke a returns clause. It is not your fault if they dither or throw up a smokescreen in the hope that you will quietly accept the product ASIS.

I'm going to sign off on this topic/thread and move across to your thread. I have some links you may find interesting. With hindsight, I could have observed that issues with Hantek have been known for six months and the old Hantek 5000 series of products has not been successfully replaced with the 2000 series for home/hobbyist/enthusiasts who want good quality at a reasonable price. The price may be reasonable but there are two sides to this...

Hantek was a bit mean in only providing one probe. I bought a second Hantek probe to complement their scope - no surprises etc. I actually quite like the probe but I also think it is responsible for some noise issues and I will request a return to Amazon. I'm not clever enough to be able to distinguish issues between AWG, Hantek scope, and Hantek probes.

The promised replacement for the duff probe didn't materialize. The cynic in me makes me think that this is a ploy to delay returning the product until it is outside of a returns window. With good customer service I could forgive some minor issues but alas the walk and the talk don't coincide.

I can return a product that is obviously broken e.g. damaged. It is much harder to admit that one's own judgment was swayed by the promise of something that appeared to be "too good to be true". Of course, I didn't have any knowledge or experience of the products before buying, I should have been more diligent. Lesson learned.

Simon

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #340 on: June 11, 2021, 06:30:35 pm »
I also opened a claim in Aliexpress. Conditions were clear, 15 days free return.
Since the products is unreliable, that's more like a warranty than a "I don't like it".

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2021, 06:54:40 pm »
If the problems are minor, or you don't like something about the oscilloscope, it is easier to sell it than to return it back. In case of serious problems, there is only one way out - return. I had a sad experience of returning, I no longer want to repeat. In general, it works fine for me, hangs are only in the automatic measurement mode when the signal amplitude drops to zero, or when the cable is pulled out and then connected.
I returned my native memory, updated the hack and the amplitude of the generator was restored. I suspect that the reason was still overclocking.

Offline tttonyyy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2021, 08:44:46 pm »

I've emailed Hantek to ask about triggering and sent them the attached "single seq" trigger as an example of how bad it can be. Will see what they say.

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #343 on: June 11, 2021, 09:28:32 pm »
1201 Alarm

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2021, 09:33:46 pm »
So this thread now becomes...

sds1202x-e OR ds1202z-e OR...   :popcorn:
OR SDS1104X-U !  :P
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2021, 09:55:58 pm »
Hello  tautech, I see NZ is awake, Saturday morning lay in over and breakfast on the table :-)
Ya i think the SDS1104X-U looks about best bang for buck up here, what is scope shopping like in NZ
1201 Alarm

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2021, 10:20:36 pm »
Hello  tautech, I see NZ is awake, Saturday morning lay in over and breakfast on the table :-)
Ya i think the SDS1104X-U looks about best bang for buck up here, what is scope shopping like in NZ
:)
PM returned and my advice is to get one locally.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2021, 10:29:15 pm »
And don't ever make single shot, and then slighly zoom the voltage in.
I got confused, wasn't sure about what I was seeing, bathroom tiles or a waveform!
A slow cpu, not the best ADC frontend, laggy response...  all that is completely acceptable for the price.
It's their software what sucks. I was trying to figure out the noise in an audio signal. No way, the waveforms are thick as car battery wires!

Offline tttonyyy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2021, 03:04:21 am »
I was trying to figure out the noise in an audio signal. No way, the waveforms are thick as car battery wires!

Did you try HF reject or any of the other acquire options?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #349 on: June 12, 2021, 09:14:08 am »
Yes. Not a big difference.
Doing the average of 128 did a little better, but that will filter the signal, removing the real noise.
If you make a single shot, them zoom in 2-3 timesteps, you stretch the timebase with the same samples, so you get a clean, sharp waveform, although lacking precision.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf