Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 357954 times)

eebbb and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #650 on: August 17, 2021, 07:14:03 pm »
The reviewer of the hantek should have read this thread before his tear down. :)

The ADC and FPGA are identified and give far better options then the FNIRSI-1014D. With a price difference of around 25 euro's it should be a no brain-er to go for the hantek DSO2C10, especially since the chance is very high you get the D15 hardware.

FNIRSI-1014D has an 8 bit no DAC AWG. It uses an r-2r network connected to the FPGA to make the AWG signals. It also fails in the sample rate. Only 200Msa/s per channel, if that is even actually used. In the 1013D version I have the feeling it only does 100Msa/s even though there are four ADC in it running at 100Msa/s each. It has two paired per channel, but having studied the software and analyzed a pulse signal I'm not seeing the 5ns resolution.

So with 1Gsa/s for 1 channel and 500Msa/s for 2 channels the hantek wins. Also on the FNIRSI only 30KB of sample memory for both channels. (Label says 240Kb(it))

Hantek should make a tablet version with this hardware. Think it would sell quite good.

Offline AndrewBCN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #651 on: August 18, 2021, 08:14:57 am »
Hantek should make a tablet version with this hardware. Think it would sell quite good.

Before they design a tablet around the same hardware, they should really spend some time fixing the software/firmware. The DSO2X1X hardware has a lot of potential, but it is clearly let down by the numerous bugs in the current software.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #652 on: August 18, 2021, 08:19:30 am »

Before they design a tablet around the same hardware, they should really spend some time fixing the software/firmware. The DSO2X1X hardware has a lot of potential, but it is clearly let down by the numerous bugs in the current software.

Which is the same for a lot of these cheap devices :-DD

Edit: They should open source them. There are enough enthusiast out there willing to fix the bugs :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 08:22:07 am by pcprogrammer »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #653 on: August 18, 2021, 10:53:49 am »
F*** hantek and their marketing ways.
Buy it now, it's cheap!
Arrives full of bugs...WTF?
Don't worry! We will fix it  :-+ (Translation: Maybe in 5 years, or just forget bout it and release a new product).
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline Andrew_Debbie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #654 on: August 18, 2021, 12:36:09 pm »
F*** hantek and their marketing ways.
Buy it now, it's cheap!
Arrives full of bugs...WTF?
Don't worry! We will fix it  :-+ (Translation: Maybe in 5 years, or just forget bout it and release a new product).

Alternate Translation:

Buy it now, cheap!   It has well known bugs but you can work around most of them.   Not good enough?  Pay 3x more and get a better product from another company.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 12:37:52 pm by Andrew_Debbie »

Offline AndrewBCN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #655 on: August 18, 2021, 01:09:26 pm »
Edit: They should open source them. There are enough enthusiast out there willing to fix the bugs :)

Most companies have a very hard time understanding the advantages of open sourcing their hardware and software. In the case of the Hantek DSO2X1X, they would clearly have a large community that they could rely upon to improve the software. And they could keep most of the hardware IP protected. So yes, I would suggest to them to open up the software and enough details about the FPGA operation that the community could start working on improving the product.
As I wrote before, the hardware has a very good potential, but the buggy software/firmware makes these DSOs much less competitive.

If they made the software/firmware open source they would dominate the market for hobby two channel scopes.  :-BROKE

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, morgan_flint

Offline dmulligan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #656 on: August 18, 2021, 03:36:58 pm »
Alternate Translation:

Buy it now, cheap!   It has well known bugs but you can work around most of them.   Not good enough?  Pay 3x more and get a better product from another company.

I disagree.  I have been looking at the range of budget scopes and the difference in price between a Hantek and a Rigol or a Siglent isn't that big.  Yes Rigol and Siglent aren't the big boys you are talking about when you say 3x the price but they are not that much more expensive and are less buggy than Hantek's current offerings.  The Hantek DSO2C10 is 272 CAD + ~30 in brokerage fees delivered to Canada.  The Rigol DS1102Z-E is 314 CAD + 5% tax delivered.  The Siglent SDS1102CML+ is 359 + 5% delivered.  The difference is even smaller when you consider the Hantek only comes with one probe but the Rigol and the Siglent come with two.

The only thing that keeps Hantek interesting is the DSO2D10 model with it's integrated AWG for just 18 CAD more.  If Hantek would open source even just the ARM side of this scope, it would become a lot more interesting.  Has anyone dropped the hint to them that this would create an ongoing demand and help them to fix their bugs.

FYI $1 CAD is about $0.80 USD.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 04:36:42 pm by dmulligan »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, Patrick Rothermel

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #657 on: August 18, 2021, 04:03:50 pm »

The Rigol DS1102Z-E (hackable to 200MHz)

Where did you find information about hacking Rigol 1102Z-E up to 200 MHz? It says here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds1102z-e/75/ that this is not possible.

Offline dmulligan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #658 on: August 18, 2021, 04:41:19 pm »

The Rigol DS1102Z-E (hackable to 200MHz)

Where did you find information about hacking Rigol 1102Z-E up to 200 MHz? It says here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds1102z-e/75/ that this is not possible.

I could swear I found that it was possible.  My notes are obviously wrong and I have corrected my post.  Sorry about that, I have been more focused on the 4 channel models or the Hanteks.  Well until I found the two mentioned models and prices I have become less interested in the Hanteks.

Offline Patrick Rothermel

« Reply #659 on: August 24, 2021, 09:59:15 pm »
I agree as well. This is a great DSO for those of us that are electronic "hobbyists". I purchased my Hantek 2D15 a little over a week ago and I have had only one issue. That being the standard, locks-up if you change adjustments to quickly. BIG DEAL to that, I say! Switch a little more slowly and avoid the lock-ups.
Seems too many guys are picking the Hantek 2X1X DSO's apart and trashing it. If they are that pissed or unhappy with theirs, then RETURN it and buy a Tektrronix! Christ ALMIGHTY!

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #660 on: August 24, 2021, 10:15:51 pm »
Just update it and no more locks!
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

« Reply #661 on: August 25, 2021, 02:35:26 am »
Just update it and no more locks!
I did. I updated it as soon as it did it and, yes......no more locking up.
Not an idiot!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 02:37:22 am by Patrick Rothermel »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #662 on: August 25, 2021, 01:45:19 pm »
Nobody said you were an idiot, but your post suggested to rotate slowly as a workaround, I just told you that updating would fix that! :D

Stupidity and not knowing everything are different things ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 01:48:17 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline Andrew_Debbie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #663 on: August 29, 2021, 08:38:31 am »
Alternate Translation:

I disagree.  I have been looking at the range of budget scopes and the difference in price between a Hantek and a Rigol or a Siglent isn't that big.  Yes Rigol and Siglent aren't the big boys you are talking about when you say 3x the price but they are not that much more expensive and are less buggy than Hantek's current offerings.  The Hantek DSO2C10 is 272 CAD + ~30 in brokerage fees delivered to Canada.  The Rigol DS1102Z-E is 314 CAD + 5% tax delivered.  The Siglent SDS1102CML+ is 359 + 5% delivered.  The difference is even smaller when you consider the Hantek only comes with one probe but the Rigol and the Siglent come with two.

The only thing that keeps Hantek interesting is the DSO2D10 model with it's integrated AWG for just 18 CAD more.  If Hantek would open source even just the ARM side of this scope, it would become a lot more interesting.  Has anyone dropped the hint to them that this would create an ongoing demand and help them to fix their bugs.

FYI $1 CAD is about $0.80 USD.

I did the same and came to a different conclusion  -- It may have something to do with market segmentation,  variations in exchange rate,  import duty and shipping fees.

All Prices including 20% VAT  and shipping to my home in North Wales.  -  Prices in USD

DSO2D10  $230    (Aliexpress seller)  I own this one.   Need to add the cost of a second probe unless you already have one.

Rigol DS1102E  £312  $429

SDS1102CML £319  $439
SDS1202X-E  £360   $495
SDS1104X-U £409.20 $562
SDS1104X-E  £454.80 $624
Pico 2208B    £519.00 $714

Most of the Siglents and the Rigols are from Telonic - a reputable UK reseller.  There is value in this, as they have good customer service and will replace a DOA unit.

I would prefer a SDS1104X-?  but couldn't justify the expense.     The DSO2D10 has been fine so far.  I haven't had problems with it crashing.    My biggeset complaint is the external trigger is  limited to 3.3V logic levels.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 10:17:48 am by Andrew_Debbie »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline nic@nicwilson.com

« Reply #665 on: August 30, 2021, 06:04:16 am »
does anyone have recent valid link for the platform_tools, all the previous links have expired.

cheers and thanks
NicW

Offline ars_ha3hz

• Contributor
« Reply #666 on: August 30, 2021, 07:55:13 am »
NicW,

You can find it at the end of DavidAlfa's messages in the drive link.
Read the FAQ first

Gyula
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 08:01:22 am by ars_ha3hz »

The following users thanked this post: AndrewBCN

Offline ik1zyw

• Contributor
    • My blog
« Reply #667 on: August 31, 2021, 09:28:48 am »
Hello.
Thank you everyone for this useful thread. I've got a 2D15 and thanks to post #643 I could cross-check that I get more-or-less the same response (IMHO the most interesting is the 10 MHz squarewave). I have updated to the latest official firmware, that is 04-2021, and recalibrated the oscilloscope.

I would like to ask a comparison of what you get when channels are set to GND. In my unit, regardless of the V/div setting, CH1 is about 1/5th of division above 0V and CH2 is about 1/5th of division below 0V. See the attached pictures.

With DC coupling the offset is equally present and impacts DC readings. With AC coupling it goes away.

What kind of GND do you get on yours?
Thanks!
Suffering from light form of TEAS.

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #668 on: August 31, 2021, 11:17:08 am »
Same ***. I recall getting it correctly shown at some point, in one of my 16882312 tests.
Then I lost interest and that was all  :-//

Offline Andrew_Debbie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #669 on: August 31, 2021, 12:42:28 pm »
Hello.
Thank you everyone for this useful thread. I've got a 2D15 and thanks to post #643 I could cross-check that I get more-or-less the same response (IMHO the most interesting is the 10 MHz squarewave). I have updated to the latest official firmware, that is 04-2021, and recalibrated the oscilloscope.

I would like to ask a comparison of what you get when channels are set to GND. In my unit, regardless of the V/div setting, CH1 is about 1/5th of division above 0V and CH2 is about 1/5th of division below 0V. See the attached pictures.

With DC coupling the offset is equally present and impacts DC readings. With AC coupling it goes away.

What kind of GND do you get on yours?
Thanks!

On mine

As it came from Hantek (20210416.00, Firmware 3200), no hacks, no firmware changes and no calibration:

CH1 is 2 5ths above 0V and CH2 is within 1 point of 0V.

The DMM function reads 3.29mV DC for CH1 and 480-500µV for CH2.

Power on for 15 minutes. Disconnect probes, then run internal calibration:

Ch1 is -1.0mVDC    Ch2 is 3.05mVDC

Wait 10 minutes, run calibration again.   
Ch 1 is 2.95mVDC   Ch2 is -1.1mVDC

Connect probes hooked to front panel ground post.  Similar offsets but  nearly 500mV p-p noise.

Connect probes to 2.5000VDC reference.    Set vertical to 1V/div.         Internal DMM - Ch1 2.47VDC  Ch2 2.52VDC.    Traces are within 1 line width of each other.    I let it run for several minutes.  No change.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 12:48:18 pm by Andrew_Debbie »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, AndrewBCN

Offline Andrew_Debbie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #670 on: August 31, 2021, 12:52:59 pm »
TLDR;   Good enough for me.    I let mine sit on the 2.5V ref for about 30 minutes and did not see any drift.

The following users thanked this post: AndrewBCN

« Reply #671 on: August 31, 2021, 05:14:56 pm »
I agree. I absolutely LOVE  my 2D15.
It's my first DSO and I am very happy with it.

Offline .rpv

• Contributor
« Reply #672 on: September 01, 2021, 12:07:27 am »
I got this

I did the calibration process a few days ago, I let it sit for about 30minutes (the manual says that you have to wait 20mins) and then launched the calibration process.

For this test I just turn the scope and did the test... I didn't wait anything.

The scope it's a 2C10 converted into a 2D15 (again... thanks forum!).

My channel 2 seems to have a considerable offset.

Still pretty happy with it.

Offline dixvgd

« Reply #673 on: September 02, 2021, 09:31:47 pm »
Caught same thing with own scope (2c10->2d15), the visual level of traces did not change in all ranges, and measured voltage changed proportionally.

P.S thanks everyone for hacks and other useful information.

Offline ars_ha3hz

• Contributor
« Reply #674 on: September 03, 2021, 07:49:37 am »
Hello,
I reviewed the information on the DSO2x1x topic and found some discrepancies. For PC programs, DSO2000 v1.0.1 is included in the v1.0.3 package. I also found v1.0.0.1 from Arbitary Function Generator - Wave Editor.
All of these were made in 2017, hasn’t changed since then?
Anyone who would now install the IOLibSuite_17_2_20605_2.exe required for operation on their PC or the IOLibSuite_18_2_27115.exe currently available for download from the website can use any of them.
It is advisable to install as an administrator.
Anyone who just bought like me - don’t look for the Warranty in the package. I think because the product travels in one direction and the cost of returning it to the manufacturer is very high i.e. not economical.
Thanks for the selflessly published information that helps users get to know the product better.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf