Author Topic: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD  (Read 58825 times)

Th3G4mbl3r and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD
« Reply #575 on: May 02, 2024, 01:41:12 pm »
I would curse more quietly in your place, since you apparently did not read hpw's question.  ::)

Why? He makes vast assumptions, without researching anything, and then constantly facepalms at everything. Sarcasm still applies.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #576 on: May 02, 2024, 01:53:43 pm »
Tis in the datasheets for the instrument it fits:

RTFM / RTFDS?? We have to read to get info now??  :palm: :palm: :palm:

I would curse more quietly in your place, since you apparently did not read hpw's question.  ::)

My suggestion to you is to browse quickly through his posts to get a feeling what kind of language is used in majority of them.
He fires off opinions on a whim, rarely verify information and is very rude and dismissive in general.
Fact that he is right sometimes does not buy him goodwill, based on attitude alone. He burned that bridge...

The following users thanked this post: ddrl46, egonotto, KungFuJosh, Martin72

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #577 on: May 02, 2024, 02:11:33 pm »
He made baseless assumptions and facepalmed...like he does at everything. Rob bolded the part he replied to.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #578 on: May 02, 2024, 06:54:41 pm »
My suggestion to you is to browse quickly through his posts to get a feeling what kind of language is used in majority of them.
He fires off opinions on a whim, rarely verify information and is very rude and dismissive in general.
Fact that he is right sometimes does not buy him goodwill, based on attitude alone. He burned that bridge...

I do not like hpw's style either. But if we want to focus on facts for a moment, hpw had voiced specific concerns about clock jitter and phase noise (in the context of future scopes with very high acquisition rates). So tautech's datasheet reference was missing the mark, and so was Josh's usual "Someone caught a blow, let me give them another kick in the teeth" response. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 07:03:27 pm by ebastler »

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #579 on: May 02, 2024, 07:51:29 pm »
I do not like hpw's style either. But if we want to focus on facts for a moment, hpw had voiced specific concerns about clock jitter and phase noise (in the context of future scopes with very high acquisition rates). So tautech's datasheet reference was missing the mark, and so was Josh's usual "Someone caught a blow, let me give them another kick in the teeth" response.

You're an interesting fellow. Rob responded to something specific, and highlighted what he was responding to. You, as usual, decided to jump on that and say something to attack him for responding to somebody who's generally antagonizing for no reason.

hpw speculated about imaginary concerns without any evidence such problems actually exist.

Yet, here you are, attacking me also for some reason. Not sure what I did to ruffle your feathers. But I'll give you hpw's famous response.  :palm: :palm: :palm:

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, tautech

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #580 on: May 02, 2024, 08:08:12 pm »
Tis in the datasheets for the instruments it fits:
We have to read to get info now??
Any of the Siglent websites.

The OXCO option is listed to fit these current models:
SDS7000A
SDG7000A
SSG5000X
SNA5000A
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, KungFuJosh

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #581 on: May 02, 2024, 08:13:36 pm »

Sure, however he is a Siglent owner and user therefore any feedback need be received and considered despite it is sometimes confusing to decypher.
For those that use English as their 2nd language this always a challenge.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #582 on: May 02, 2024, 08:17:47 pm »
hpw speculated about imaginary concerns without any evidence such problems actually exist.

Agreed, they are imaginary concerns, which however seem quite plausible for the imaginary scope class they refer to. Tautech was mistaken to claim that Siglent already has an osciallator which addresses them.

Not sure what I did to ruffle your feathers.

You may not be aware of it, but you do this often: Someone has received pushback and counter-arguments, usually after they have voiced criticism or concerns about Siglent. And then you come in, not adding any arguments or information, but bashing or insulting that guy who his already on his back foot. It's not very endearing behaviour.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #583 on: May 02, 2024, 08:21:24 pm »

Thank you for explanation.
Now let me explain better what I said.

Really, go and read. He didn't "express concern" he has been doing this snarky, rude, derogatory comments for a long time.
He is always like that. He keeps repeating this even for low end scopes. Never he explained what kind of earth shattering cutting edge science he does that requires that kind of specifications...

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #584 on: May 02, 2024, 08:29:24 pm »

Sure, however he is a Siglent owner and user therefore any feedback need be received and considered despite it is sometimes confusing to decypher.
For those that use English as their 2nd language this always a challenge.
Yes Rob,

And as you know, on many occasions I to tried to explain something when I felt I could provide some information. But on many occasions he does exactly what he did here: he doesn't ask for help but just shoots of a bunch of insults and drops the mike.
In which case I can chose to reply with some comeback (which ends up being negative experience, because he never gets the message of needed change, and I get pushback from others for "patronizing" him or whatever else) or I can simply ignore it because he didn't really ask for any response. And I leave to the rest to figure out on their own what is going on.

We can do only as much.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #585 on: May 02, 2024, 08:47:28 pm »
I had already announced that I would briefly introduce the SDS3000X HD when I received it, but that I would not go into any more detail or create separate topics about it.
If some of you were wondering why, well, the reasons are now obvious.
I've already gotten out of the habit of writing anything about the 800X HD.
At the moment, there's no point and no more fun.
Too bad.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #586 on: May 02, 2024, 08:54:05 pm »
I had already announced that I would briefly introduce the SDS3000X HD when I received it, but that I would not go into any more detail or create separate topics about it.
Too bad.
Have you regretted getting a SDS800X HD as a stopgap/filler until your SDS3034X HD arrived ?

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #587 on: May 02, 2024, 08:55:14 pm »

Agreed, they are imaginary concerns, which however seem quite plausible for the imaginary scope class they refer to. Tautech was mistaken to claim that Siglent already has an osciallator which addresses them.

No he actually wasn't wrong. That OCXO is high stability/low phase noise. It is just datasheet has not specified it's phase noise.

LeCroy actually does not specify timebase phase noise in datasheet HPW points to either. They specify sample clock jitter (with digital clocks we talk about jitter) which is more complex metric, because it includes clock stability, clock distribution influences and all the imperfections in ADC (in this case folding/interpolating/interleaving types that have it's own problems)..

So basically, he talks about something that is not really "a thing" and then insults the factory of being "insert any of his derogatory terms here". All this points to a person that does not really understand it it as well as they think they do, but that never stopped them from being an ass.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #588 on: May 02, 2024, 09:08:52 pm »
Have you regretted getting a SDS800X HD as a stopgap/filler until your SDS3034X HD arrived ?

Not for a second, Rob.

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #589 on: May 02, 2024, 09:26:28 pm »
Not sure what I did to ruffle your feathers.

You may not be aware of it, but you do this often: Someone has received pushback and counter-arguments, usually after they have voiced criticism or concerns about Siglent. And then you come in, not adding any arguments or information, but bashing or insulting that guy who his already on his back foot. It's not very endearing behaviour.

Perhaps from your perspective, but I certainly disagree. I do say things about Siglent when people make bullshit claims, but I certainly do add info/supportive arguments. I don't rely on ad hominem attacks such as you have. You should turn down the sensitivity knob a little bit and stop reading into my posts things that aren't there.

Offline Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #590 on: May 02, 2024, 10:05:19 pm »
Too bad.
I don't find the reasons any more obvious than they were back in 2020 when I first registered in the forum.

I do find it strange that we haven't had even a snippet of info on the 3000X-HD, even though 2N3055 and you have it, AFAIK. I guess it is obvious, although I don't seem to grasp the evidence. In any case, it's not like we are entitled to any kind of information.

Maybe we'll get to see something from Dave. I wish Siglent would send one to Sahriar or Joe Smith, but I guess a "free" oscilloscope is marketing allowance, and their channels are not widespread enough to warrant the expenses.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #591 on: May 03, 2024, 09:44:15 pm »
Maybe we'll get to see something from Dave.

As I said, I can't imagine it.
Siglent sees the 3000 series as a kind of entry into their "Pro" series, even if the "X" suggests otherwise.
I imagine their expectations of a review are accordingly.
Taking the thing apart and commenting on it, then playing around with it a bit to get the 20...25min full won't be enough to send a copy for it.
Of course, I could be completely wrong and he would have received one long ago if it was available.
Because that's the point, you can't get it at the moment, the last updated date was the end of May and I think even that is at risk.

Offline Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
« Reply #592 on: May 04, 2024, 09:16:36 pm »
The new to come 6&8 GHz models ?

First time I see BW references inside Siglent's FW going up to 16GHz !!!

This means, any 20..40Gs gear to come. Than we go with Bodnarpulse to the real 30ps risetime  :-DD

Requires any better based oscillator & synthesizers as in fs... just look at LeCroy HD series. To get any trusted Jitter figures.
Already available.  :P
https://siglentna.com/product/precision-frequency-reference/

$1199 seems a tad steep.

How much would it raise the price to cover the NRE, COGS, and profit margin needed to add a 10 MHz Ref input to a scope?  Once there is a Ref input customers could add a ~$200 GPSDO, and with a distribution amplifier (another ~$100) and some cables the customers could use the GPSDO to not only give clock to multiple devices on the bench / in the lab, but also synchronize all the clocks for all of those devices.  Test equipment that is supposed to measure frequency as well as amplitude could easily be enhanced if 10 MHz Ref inputs became prevalent.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 10:24:50 pm by Electro Fan »

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #593 on: May 04, 2024, 09:18:35 pm »
$1199 seems a tad steep.

Personally, I agree. That's way too expensive.

Of course, R&S thinks it should cost more: https://www.testequity.com/product/31151-1-RTO-B4

Rigol also thinks it should cost more: https://www.tequipment.net/Rigol/OCXO-D08/Options/

They're all cuckoo.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #594 on: May 04, 2024, 09:22:53 pm »
The scopes this thread is about don't have 10Mhz reference inputs, so I feel it's pointless to talk about it here.
There should be a separate thread for that.

Offline Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
« Reply #595 on: May 04, 2024, 10:29:09 pm »
The scopes this thread is about don't have 10Mhz reference inputs, so I feel it's pointless to talk about it here.
There should be a separate thread for that.

Which of the scopes in this thread use a $1199 precision frequency reference?  (Just commenting on what is already in this thread).  And fwiw, maybe the scopes in this thread should have a 10 MHz Ref input.

Online egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #596 on: May 08, 2024, 01:28:51 pm »
Hello,

I am wondering about the delivery times for the SDS3034X HD from various companies.
Welectron: 3-7 working days
Meilhaus: 3-10 working days
Evision: 3-4 weeks

And
Batronix: 41-60 days

Are these just random meaningless numbers?

I would like to have a reliable indication

Best regards
egonotto

PS: Does this mean that some of these companies have not yet sold a single SDS3000X HD and therefore have no idea about the delivery problems?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 01:33:24 pm by egonotto »

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #597 on: May 08, 2024, 01:40:25 pm »

From what we've been reading, I would say these ones are looking for customers.

This one is trying to respond to its orders.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, 2N3055, Mortymore, KungFuJosh, Martin72

Online egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #598 on: May 13, 2024, 04:33:01 pm »
Hello,

Batronix has now reduced the waiting time for the SDS3034X HD to 10 to 30 days. Three hours ago it was still 41 to 60 days.

Best regards
egonotto

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #599 on: May 13, 2024, 06:44:40 pm »
Hello,

I am wondering about the delivery times for the SDS3034X HD from various companies.

And

Are these just random meaningless numbers?

I would like to have a reliable indication

Best regards
egonotto

PS: Does this mean that some of these companies have not yet sold a single SDS3000X HD and therefore have no idea about the delivery problems?

Give them a call, and ask, as it can be both they are fishing orders, but certainly, also the chance that there are limited quantities and variables among these resellers that influence their lead time for a given new order..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf