Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14973376 times)

Runco990 and 110 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #54800 on: April 06, 2020, 04:12:45 pm »
And now for something completely different.... Popped out to get some provisions, now regretting not stock piling a bit more, had hoped that things would have normalised by now, had to form a queue from the other side of the car park, 2m apart and the flaming shop entrance is not even on the photo, it's still way off to the right even further, with a strict one way system in force for entry and exit to the shop  :palm: And then once in the shop, was unable to complete a weekly shop even and only 1 adult at a time is allowed in the shop, so if a couple go shopping then one of them has to remain in the car park.

This message appeared in my inbox this morning, and I live in Essex  :wtf: :-DD :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #54801 on: April 06, 2020, 04:16:51 pm »

Meh.....not worth my time or effort. But he should watch out for that cruise missile.  >:D :-DD

hey, that's my turf :D

The following users thanked this post: med6753

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54802 on: April 06, 2020, 04:20:35 pm »
so, I dood some shopping again.
Found out that my old bench lamp actually seems to have a G23 socket (never cared about that much until now)
Ordered 3 UV-C Osram Puritec 11W lamps
Now off to get some mirrors to put into a box. To build an irradiation chamber. Let's see, should I use cardboard for that ...
hmm.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54803 on: April 06, 2020, 04:20:57 pm »

Meh.....not worth my time or effort. But he should watch out for that cruise missile.  >:D :-DD

I think that this one might have gone nuclear though  :o :o >:D
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #54804 on: April 06, 2020, 04:22:53 pm »
Is there anybody in here, it seems to be pretty dead to me  :--
I guess I'm nobody.  :P :-DD

med's not dead... he just smells that way.   ;)

mnem

Meds warming his CRV up for a long trip North to see the dragon, and sort his scaley arse out  :-DD :-DD :-DD

I'm married, with pups. What more can he do to me that life already hasn't...?  ;)

mnem
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54805 on: April 06, 2020, 04:25:07 pm »
Is there anybody in here, it seems to be pretty dead to me  :--
I guess I'm nobody.  :P :-DD

med's not dead... he just smells that way.   ;)

mnem

Meds warming his CRV up for a long trip North to see the dragon, and sort his scaley arse out  :-DD :-DD :-DD

I'm married, with pups. What more can he do to me that life already hasn't...?  ;)

mnem

Bring his spray gun filled up with some lovely blue paint perhaps... ::)
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54806 on: April 06, 2020, 04:26:22 pm »
And now for something completely different.... Popped out to get some provisions, now regretting not stock piling a bit more, had hoped that things would have normalised by now, had to form a queue from the other side of the car park, 2m apart and the flaming shop entrance is not even on the photo, it's still way off to the right even further, with a strict one way system in force for entry and exit to the shop  :palm: And then once in the shop, was unable to complete a weekly shop even and only 1 adult at a time is allowed in the shop, so if a couple go shopping then one of them has to remain in the car park.

This message appeared in my inbox this morning, and I live in Essex  :wtf: :-DD :-DD :-DD

Same here. I send my eldest shopping as I'm not bothering with that shit  :-DD

I’m liking that poster. That’s excellent  :-DD

BTW final idiot count here is we lost 20 phone towers to fucktards

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/apr/06/at-least-20-uk-phone-masts-vandalised-over-false-5g-coronavirus-claims
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 04:30:20 pm by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: BU508A

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54807 on: April 06, 2020, 04:33:11 pm »

I think that this one might have gone nuclear though  :o :o >:D

That was me. I tooted.

mnem
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #54808 on: April 06, 2020, 04:39:55 pm »
so, I dood some shopping again.
Found out that my old bench lamp actually seems to have a G23 socket (never cared about that much until now)
Ordered 3 UV-C Osram Puritec 11W lamps
Now off to get some mirrors to put into a box. To build an irradiation chamber. Let's see, should I use cardboard for that ...
hmm.

Only if you want it to disintegrate within hours...

Sheet metal ftw. Either buy some thin sheet ally or steel, or just repurpose something else, like an old fridge or something.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54809 on: April 06, 2020, 04:44:43 pm »
mnem

Bring his spray gun filled up with some lovely blue paint perhaps... ::)

12 years of poopy butts (little grrl still has the occasional accident) painting my life.  :o

mnem
I'll save one for you, buddy. >:D

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54810 on: April 06, 2020, 04:46:48 pm »
I was thinking about mirrors to be put into the box. On all sides. To make it a mirror chamber of doom, death and destruction. If I still had a 19" rack I would just repurpose that. But I don't. ...
Hmm, I have that 19" UPS. Remove the internals, batteries, inverter, put in the UV lamp and be ready to rumble. Might actually work.
*thinking* ...

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54811 on: April 06, 2020, 04:54:37 pm »

Barry will ruin you...

mnem
You'll have to forgive mnem; He's been short of sleep, and his associations have become rather loose of late... :o

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54812 on: April 06, 2020, 04:59:10 pm »

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/apr/06/at-least-20-uk-phone-masts-vandalised-over-false-5g-coronavirus-claims
Yeah, I heard about the phone towers being attacked and that they were blaming 5G for Covid-19 but didn't post it because I was at the unable to find any supportive evidence before I got pole-axed for being a rumour monger again.

Who let Murphy in?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54813 on: April 06, 2020, 05:05:06 pm »

mnem
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 05:07:30 pm by mnementh »

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54814 on: April 06, 2020, 05:07:42 pm »
some fucking corona party assholes almost brought down a police helicopter yesterday.
https://www.wormser-zeitung.de/lokales/worms/nachrichten-worms/polizeihubschrauber-fast-mit-auto-kollidiert_21508895
 :palm: :wtf: :rant:

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54815 on: April 06, 2020, 05:11:04 pm »
That was NOT me.

mnem

Offline URI

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #54816 on: April 06, 2020, 05:35:03 pm »
Ordered some parts for repair jobs:
- electrolytic caps for recapping the PS of my three HP 3456A
  (Recapped one if them already with caps that I had on stock but ordered three complete sets of higher quality for all three.)
- Strain relief and good quality power cord for my new old 6824A PS/Amplifier
- Binding posts for two HP 6114As, the HP 6824A and a HP 6827A:
  I've noticed that older HP binding posts happen to have either one of two deficits:
  1. the depth is too short for modern plugs from mc, Stäubli or Hirschmann.    :palm:
  2. the inner diameter isn't max. 4.0mm but is nearly 4.2mm, so modern plugs just don't hold in there. They fall out literally.  :palm:

This will ruin the originality of those instruments but I want to use them, not to look at them.  :rant:

Grabbed some operational amplifiers, 555 timers and optocouplers from pollin cheaply - cheaply? I started filling my inline shopping basket with some strain reliefs and power cords for ~15€ end finally came out with ~100€.  :palm:

Main Problem that all of us know: When will the  parts be delivered? Will they be delivered before Easter?  :scared:
Waiting is soo hard..    :horse:    :-DD
A life without TEA is possible but pointless.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54817 on: April 06, 2020, 05:37:10 pm »
Back on topic, Seeing as my memory battery never arrived today, I thought that I'd attempt to complete the 4503 calibration using the 2x AA's currently installed anyway, if nothing else it would help to pass the bleeding time I thought. So with that in mind I switched it on and it ran through all the power on tests, no problem, no cal error message just straight into the normal default DC volts auto ranging as per manual states it should. Imagine my surprise when I got my DC reference standard connected to it was reading approx 1 volt lower across all 4 voltages   :wtf: :-//.

Measured the battery voltage and sure enough it was still reading 2.48V, so it hadn't dropped below a safe value and lost some calibration data. After a while leaving the 4503 powered and connected to the AD584 the readings had actually increased and was now reading above the true value on all 4 settings  :wtf:

2.4998v becomes 2.5012V
5.0030V becomes 5.094V
7.5055V becomes 7.659V
10.0082V becomes 10.157V

Is this fluctuation the result of an incomplete calibration done or is there something more serious at foot here?
Who let Murphy in?

Offline URI

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #54818 on: April 06, 2020, 05:38:04 pm »

Yeah, I heard about the phone towers being attacked and that they were blaming 5G for Covid-19 but didn't post it because I was at the unable to find any supportive evidence before I got pole-axed for being a rumour monger again.

That's really ill shit -you can't think that stupid even if you tried to!   :palm:  :palm:
A life without TEA is possible but pointless.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54819 on: April 06, 2020, 05:43:12 pm »
some fucking corona party assholes almost brought down a police helicopter yesterday.
https://www.wormser-zeitung.de/lokales/worms/nachrichten-worms/polizeihubschrauber-fast-mit-auto-kollidiert_21508895

Well I wasn't expecting that result, was thinking more of a laser attack on the helicopter than near collision with escaping cars.  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54820 on: April 06, 2020, 05:44:50 pm »
Back on topic, Seeing as my memory battery never arrived today, I thought that I'd attempt to complete the 4503 calibration using the 2x AA's currently installed anyway, if nothing else it would help to pass the bleeding time I thought. So with that in mind I switched it on and it ran through all the power on tests, no problem, no cal error message just straight into the normal default DC volts auto ranging as per manual states it should. Imagine my surprise when I got my DC reference standard connected to it was reading approx 1 volt lower across all 4 voltages   :wtf: :-//.

Measured the battery voltage and sure enough it was still reading 2.48V, so it hadn't dropped below a safe value and lost some calibration data. After a while leaving the 4503 powered and connected to the AD584 the readings had actually increased and was now reading above the true value on all 4 settings  :wtf:

2.4998v becomes 2.5012V
5.0030V becomes 5.094V
7.5055V becomes 7.659V
10.0082V becomes 10.157V

Is this fluctuation the result of an incomplete calibration done or is there something more serious at foot here?

You did leave it on to warm up for 30 minutes or so before you started at all, didn't you? Those drifts look about right for warm up drifts (apart from the 10V which looks like a lot).
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54821 on: April 06, 2020, 05:46:15 pm »

Certain type of persons react badly to the current situation. Another example  :palm:

Train Engineer Says He Crashed In Attempt To Attack Navy Hospital Ship In L.A.
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/02/825897966/train-engineer-says-he-crashed-in-attempt-to-attack-navy-hospital-ship-in-l-a

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54822 on: April 06, 2020, 05:46:37 pm »

That's really ill shit -you can't think that stupid even if you tried to!   :palm:  :palm:
Of course, you can, have you forgotten that 52% of the British population who voted, apparently voted for Brexit, that must surely tell you something  :-//
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54823 on: April 06, 2020, 05:50:16 pm »

Well I wasn't expecting that result, was thinking more of a laser attack on the helicopter than near collision with escaping cars.  :-DD

Yeah. Sounds more like the fault of the pilot. Something like being a bit gung-ho and trying movie style tactics rather than landing somewhere safe.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54824 on: April 06, 2020, 05:58:42 pm »

Yeah. Sounds more like the fault of the pilot. Something like being a bit gung-ho and trying movie style tactics rather than landing somewhere safe.

Well I expect that he was attempting to shut off their escape route and give his ground based colleagues time to arrive to question the young idiots.
Who let Murphy in?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf