Still won't lock. 
Does it output position data on the serial port?
Back to explore my two Trimble 57963-D GPSDO boards.
Strangely I found the GPSDO I left unlocked before I left for work locked after I came back.

Because I had it on my todo list I built a DB9 adapter for my spare board and connected both GPSDOs to my computer (now) running Lady Heather.
I had to configure Heather online because she didn't want to process the heather.cfg file, even the COM port was not processed..

After that I could see what the problem is:
The encased GPSDO often tracked tracked 2 satellites fewer than my spare board. As a result the encased GPSDO is in hold mode more often.
Why it did lose lock? -I don't know.
Could be a restart because of a power sag at a time when it couldn't track enough satellites?
My location is a bit bad for receiving GPS signals:
My apartment is at street level and the GPS antennas are on the window sill of a window that's looking out to the west and onto the street where on the other side (~25m distance) there's an apartment building with 4 floors.
My apartment doesn't have windows to the south or to the north.

As a result GPS signals seem to come in weak.
My encased GPSDO sees an average of 3 sats maxing to 6 and sometimes none where my spare board never loses contact and at least tracks a minimum of 2 sats.
I'm curious how the BG7TBL will handle this situation...