So far I have selected (remember this is on a budget):
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor (received)
- ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard (only way I can find this is if I convince a buddy to buy it and reship to me)
- G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (can only find the 32 GB version at the moment; forced upgrade
) - Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (pickup tomorrow)
- Western Digital Blue 4 TB HDD (received)
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO GAMING Video Card (or a MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS XS for $10 more)
- Deepcool MATREXX 55 ATX Mid Tower Case (2nd pickup tomorrow)
- EVGA GD (2019) 500 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply (2nd pickup tomorrow)
Availability of parts keeps diminishing and I am really not sure if I can get a B450 motherboard at all;
get the TridentZ Neo 3600 RAM if you can afford it. It REALLY shines with the Ryzen Zen 2 (I tried it with the 3600x myself, very nice indeed)
The EVGA KO uses a slightly stripped down chip out of the 2080. It outperforms other 2060s by a fair margin on certain loads.
It is said to be quite noisy though.
Thanks for the advice, a good excuse to upgrade and it is actually available at the moment!

@mnementh & @Kosmic, if you are looking for more gear, there is this Kijiji ad ID 1486743331 in the Montreal area. I have not had the chance to go through the list; it is quite lengthy and I do not know if anything there matches my needs. Of course, there must be lots that matches my wants 
You should avoid him. I went there it's a dump. Electronic (networking, video, some TE) from floor to sealing randomly organised in huge piles with just enough place to circulate between them. All the lights are broken so it's mostly dark. Everything is broken, dirty and in really bad shape. Each time you want to buy something the guy go on ebay and match the price of the highest seller.
I should go back there just to make a video.
Thanks for the caution! I will pass that along to the person who first gave me the link.
Staying far away from this conversation is always a good idea.

That sounds similar to stepping in poo. Sorry, my mind tends to think that way with a new puppy in the house. Blaming the mother of SWMBO. She used to be a breeder and had kept a sample from one of the males. Of course, payment for the sample from the other breeder was first pick of the litter. However, mother of SWMBO is too old to handle a puppy.
It really bugged me at the time, but in hindsight it was a great meta-lesson about how authority and incompetence interact, and the meta-lesson has been far more important to my life than deciding whether 1/2*3 is 1/6 or 3/2.
Hmmm, my father was one of those school teachers

I also now understand the references to Gorillas. I was asked to look at a computer build done by the local cleaning lady's kid. It was rather sad as I was disguising my cringe and trying to politely explain what was wrong. All the screws were torqued so tight that the threads were stripped. Brand new case and the glass is about to fall out. The actual reason for the request was the front case fans would not shut off. That was innocent enough as no cable had been provided to connect the fan hub board to the motherboard. The side request was why the SSD did not work. It turns out the cables to the SSD were pulled so tight that the connectors on the SSD were cracked and sitting at a 20 degree angle.
