Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 35919653 times)

Vince and 2232 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline shakalnokturn

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2240
  • Country: fr
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61500 on: June 21, 2020, 01:13:19 pm »
One for the Neomys Sapiens: 392844275567
If not already in the heap...
Shipping outside Germany is prohibitive.

 

Online xrunner

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 7958
  • Country: us
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61501 on: June 21, 2020, 01:21:56 pm »
One for the Neomys Sapiens: 392844275567
If not already in the heap...
Shipping outside Germany is prohibitive.


Isn't that just a rebranded Simpson 461?

1005509-0
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.
 
The following users thanked this post: edavid

Offline bd139

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23102
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61502 on: June 21, 2020, 01:28:31 pm »
 
The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Online xrunner

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 7958
  • Country: us
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61503 on: June 21, 2020, 01:31:54 pm »
Horror show of the day  :-DD

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254631181481

LOL is that real goo or digital goo?  :palm:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.
 

Offline bd139

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23102
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61504 on: June 21, 2020, 01:47:48 pm »
Looks like real goo  :scared:
 

Offline med6753

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 11346
  • Country: us
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61505 on: June 21, 2020, 01:48:21 pm »
Horror show of the day  :-DD

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254631181481

LOL is that real goo or digital goo?  :palm:

Looks like the creeping crud to me.  |O
An old gray beard with an attitude.
 

Offline bd139

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23102
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61506 on: June 21, 2020, 01:49:56 pm »
No that's my ex  :-DD
 
The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, shakalnokturn

Offline med6753

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 11346
  • Country: us
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61507 on: June 21, 2020, 01:50:58 pm »
No that's my ex  :-DD

Oh shit. LMAO.
An old gray beard with an attitude.
 
The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline tonyalbus

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1031
  • Country: nl
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61508 on: June 21, 2020, 01:51:35 pm »
So based on information, my Fluke PM3390B scope is really a Phillips just rebranded?

Philips has always/mostly use PM (Philips Measure?) in there types.... so yes that could be the case....sorry
Well we Dutch sometimes make fun of Philips, not everything they did was good. (specialy there consumer electronics tryouts)
There slogen,: Lets make thing better, was often, : Lets make better things.
But to be honest, there professonial and medical stuff is good.

Philips TV sets were highly regarded in the past, I don't know the situation today.

Yes you are correct, TV, shavers... and lightbulbs ;-)   that was also very good.
lot of other brands have used the main screen tube from philips.
The Test Equipment Addict. Electronics enthusiast and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - TEK - Keithley - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus
 

Online xrunner

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 7958
  • Country: us
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61509 on: June 21, 2020, 02:00:14 pm »
No that's my ex  :-DD

Oh shit. LMAO.

That's a fanboy scope keep an eye on the bidding it might bring more than you would believe.  :popcorn:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.
 

Offline AVGresponding

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5477
  • Country: england
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61510 on: June 21, 2020, 02:01:14 pm »
Made him an offer...   :popcorn:
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT
 

Offline Neomys Sapiens

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3268
  • Country: de
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61511 on: June 21, 2020, 02:09:58 pm »
Attention! Philips Touch/Hold-Probe for DMMs ending today!

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Philips-Test-Kabel-Zustand-Sehe-Foto/114259163580

Here is a probe of the type which is rarely seen and can be used with the PM2528, PM2526 and maybe also PM2534 and others. No association with the seller, just wanted to give you a heads' up.
 
The following users thanked this post: tonyalbus

Offline Brumby

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 12604
  • Country: au
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61512 on: June 21, 2020, 02:33:11 pm »
Philips TV sets were highly regarded in the past, I don't know the situation today.

Yes you are correct, TV, shavers... and lightbulbs ;-)   that was also very good.
lot of other brands have used the main screen tube from philips.
Philips ... Televisions ... I'm suddenly thinking K9.

Am I showing my age...?   ;D
Why Clippy?  --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Dtmpe9qaQ
 

Offline tonyalbus

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1031
  • Country: nl
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61513 on: June 21, 2020, 03:05:59 pm »
Old meter to beauty on my desk.



yes an other meter.......... sorry am used to excuse myself for this..  :-DD  :-DD
The Test Equipment Addict. Electronics enthusiast and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - TEK - Keithley - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus
 
The following users thanked this post: med6753, Specmaster, bd139

Offline med6753

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 11346
  • Country: us
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61514 on: June 21, 2020, 03:19:07 pm »
Gee, I'm on a selling streak. Just sold some 475 knobs to a Senior Engineer at a media center in Chicago. Going in the mail tomorrow.

I don't kid around, I go right to the head honcho.  :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.
 
The following users thanked this post: bd139, 0culus

Offline bd139

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23102
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61515 on: June 21, 2020, 03:22:18 pm »
That’s a winner. Selling streak too today. Thing everyone is bored  :-DD.
 

Offline Ice-Tea

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3370
  • Country: be
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61516 on: June 21, 2020, 03:39:45 pm »
Horror show of the day  :-DD

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254631181481

LOL is that real goo or digital goo?  :palm:

Seen it before:



Mechanical damage or something to a polarizer film or something like that?
 
The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Offline bd139

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23102
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61517 on: June 21, 2020, 03:47:46 pm »
Interesting. The screens aren’t cheap to replace either  :--
 

Offline PA0PBZ

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5503
  • Country: nl
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61518 on: June 21, 2020, 03:48:50 pm »
Philips ... Televisions ... I'm suddenly thinking K9.
Am I showing my age...?   ;D

Yes, you are skipping K6, K7 and K8.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.
 

Offline tggzzz

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23122
  • Country: gb
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61519 on: June 21, 2020, 03:55:53 pm »
Philips ... Televisions ... I'm suddenly thinking K9.
Am I showing my age...?   ;D

Yes, you are skipping K6, K7 and K8.

My grandfather served in K14.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less
 

Offline 0culus

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3032
  • Country: us
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61520 on: June 21, 2020, 04:01:22 pm »
I have to say that I'm blown away by the internal construction of the 585A....the obvious care and attention to detail is superb. No one makes things like this anymore, outside of maybe space program hardware.  :palm:
 
The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, Neomys Sapiens

Offline med6753

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 11346
  • Country: us
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61521 on: June 21, 2020, 04:12:49 pm »
I have to say that I'm blown away by the internal construction of the 585A....the obvious care and attention to detail is superb. No one makes things like this anymore, outside of maybe space program hardware.  :palm:


I just can't go over how clean it is. Like it just left the factory. As opposed to my 561B and 535A which looked like they were dragged thru the dirt.  :scared:
An old gray beard with an attitude.
 
The following users thanked this post: 0culus

Offline 0culus

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3032
  • Country: us
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61522 on: June 21, 2020, 04:15:06 pm »
I have to say that I'm blown away by the internal construction of the 585A....the obvious care and attention to detail is superb. No one makes things like this anymore, outside of maybe space program hardware.  :palm:


I just can't go over how clean it is. Like it just left the factory. As opposed to my 561B and 535A which looked like they were dragged thru the dirt.  :scared:

Yeah, it seems to be a common theme with these scopes too. No surprise Stan Griffiths devoted an entire chapter to cleaning them. I count myself fortunate that I don't need to do that...
 

Offline AVGresponding

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5477
  • Country: england
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61523 on: June 21, 2020, 05:19:40 pm »
Well the offer I made on the Tek 220 was basically £50 shipped. The seller has counteroffered £150 + shipping.

I'm too polite to laugh in his face.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT
 

Online xrunner

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 7958
  • Country: us
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #61524 on: June 21, 2020, 05:21:48 pm »
The seller has counteroffered £150 + shipping.

 :-DD
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->