I always wanted an old school linear dual channel PSU and identified the TTi ones to be kind of classic.
Now a TTi Thurlby Thandar Instruments PL330QMD has found a way into my collection.
Believing the transformer stickers it is built in 1998 which makes it a later one.
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=2695951)
I really like these big LED displays. In reality they shine evenly bright with a rich red.
The PSU is relatively clean, especially inside, but definitely could use some front cleaning.
(Any hint how to remove the "1." and "2." writings? IPA or benzine didn't work.)
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=2695955)
The PSU shows basic function. It delivers 3A without magic smoke. It reaches the 32V maximum voltage.
But there are some odds. I.e. in CC mode the voltage regulation is very slow. It slowly pumps between 0V and the right voltage.
And when changing the load resistance in CV mode, the ampmeter sometimes is normally fast, but sometimes it creeps to the right value within a minute or so.
Definitely a candidate to dig in and repair. I might start a thread.
