Author Topic: VOLTCRAFT DOV series  (Read 122609 times)

0 Members and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Aldo22Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1325 on: August 26, 2026, 08:54:55 pm »
Yes, pipe cleaners. ;)
I used them because they're sturdier than cotton swabs, for example, and don't fray.
When you clean the solder joints with alcohol, you're really just dissolving the residue into the alcohol; some residue may still remain after it evaporates, so I like to “dry” the areas afterward.
For example, with pipe cleaners.

Thanks!

We were talking about the Waveform Player, but it's not in the manual, and it wasn't in the DOV version on the Scope either.

Yes, I'm just wondering how you could watch the segmented sequences without this player (before the model change).
Not at all?
 

Offline Aldo22Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1326 on: August 26, 2026, 09:07:29 pm »
I can recommend a small sturdy paint brush and Kim wipes.
Put some IPA and brush so the flux dissolves. Then dab it with the cloth.
Those Kim wipes leave not much fibers so everything is a bit nicer.

Thank you.
The IPA spray already comes with a brush.

 
The following users thanked this post: goaty

Offline Martin72

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8901
  • Country: de
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1327 on: August 26, 2026, 09:50:37 pm »
Yes, I'm just wondering how you could watch the segmented sequences without this player (before the model change).
Not at all?

At least the mention that there is a Segmented Memory Mode is the same in both manuals.
But that’s about all there is in the DOV manual.
The ADS manual includes an explanation of the function, which is completely missing from the DOV manual.
Also, the Waveform Player, which is described on pages 107 through 110 in the ADS manual, is nowhere to be found in the DOV manual.
Although the 4-page description doesn't mention Segmented Mode, I assume it must be enabled.
(I've never used anything like this before because I simply skipped the part about having limited memory on a DSO.)

ADS manual:

https://files.owon.com.cn/probook/ADS800A_Series_User_Manual.pdf
 
The following users thanked this post: goaty, Aldo22

Offline goaty

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 369
  • Country: de
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1328 on: August 27, 2026, 05:36:41 am »
So maby there is hardware missing to support the segmented memory fully.
Do we have an ADS800 owner that can test if it's working there ?
Well at least it's working basically.
 
The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline evava

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 250
  • Country: cz
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1329 on: August 27, 2026, 07:38:20 am »
Can someone help me:
I have got WiFi/bluetooth adapter, that mentioned earlier Aldo22, EP-N8568, see photo.
But when I plug it into the front USB port, absolutely nothing happens, and I can't turn on the Wi-Fi in the settings (error).
What am I supposed to do next? Do I need to do anything else in the settings? Check a box somewhere, or install something?
Or do I have a faulty adapter?
 

Offline Aldo22Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1330 on: August 27, 2026, 08:05:28 am »
So maby there is hardware missing to support the segmented memory fully.
Do we have an ADS800 owner that can test if it's working there ?
Well at least it's working basically.

How could this be a hardware problem?
It basically works. The counter increments.
However, when i==MAX, it resets/clears everything instead of triggering a “Stop.”

I think this is simply a sloppy software implementation, like with the axis labels, for example. By the way, they don’t respond to different units (A, W, U).

But! The segmentation function is actually useful.
While the normal display essentially overlays different trigger events, segmentation allows you to see the individual trigger events.
For example, if I select the “narrow pulses” waveform on the SG, you normally see different “peaks” at the same x-position (Screenshot 1).
With segmentation, you can view them one after another individually (e.g., Screenshot 2).

 

Offline Aldo22Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1331 on: August 27, 2026, 08:09:47 am »
But when I plug it into the front USB port, absolutely nothing happens, and I can't turn on the Wi-Fi in the settings (error).
What am I supposed to do next? Do I need to do anything else in the settings? Check a box somewhere, or install something?
Or do I have a faulty adapter?

What kind of error?
What does this screen look like?

 
The following users thanked this post: evava

Offline goaty

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 369
  • Country: de
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1332 on: August 27, 2026, 08:27:04 am »
While the normal display essentially overlays different trigger events, segmentation allows you to see the individual trigger events.
That is not normal. You sure you have no persistency enabled ?
Never seen that before. And makes no sense to 'overlay' multiple triggers except for some dispaly persistence enabled.
 

Offline Aldo22Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1333 on: August 27, 2026, 08:36:32 am »
While the normal display essentially overlays different trigger events, segmentation allows you to see the individual trigger events.
That is not normal. You sure you have no persistency enabled ?
Never seen that before. And makes no sense to 'overlay' multiple triggers except for some dispaly persistence enabled.

No, there's no persistence.
That's how it behaves, unless you select “Low refresh rate” in the display settings.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2026, 08:39:34 am by Aldo22 »
 
The following users thanked this post: goaty

Offline evava

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 250
  • Country: cz
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1334 on: August 27, 2026, 08:45:54 am »
But when I plug it into the front USB port, absolutely nothing happens, and I can't turn on the Wi-Fi in the settings (error).
What am I supposed to do next? Do I need to do anything else in the settings? Check a box somewhere, or install something?
Or do I have a faulty adapter?

What kind of error?
What does this screen look like?


 
The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline goaty

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 369
  • Country: de
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1335 on: August 27, 2026, 08:46:16 am »
Can someone help me:
I have got WiFi/bluetooth adapter, that mentioned earlier Aldo22, EP-N8568, see photo.
But when I plug it into the front USB port, absolutely nothing happens, and I can't turn on the Wi-Fi in the settings (error).
What am I supposed to do next? Do I need to do anything else in the settings? Check a box somewhere, or install something?
Or do I have a faulty adapter?
Which software version are you running ? The original one ?
Then I could imagine the driver for the USB to WIFI is maby not included in android kernel.
Maby OWON has included only for special chip the kernel driver in ADS800 version of firmware.

We could examine the update files or use lsmod and look at /sys/module to see if drivers are included.

They write in one manual:
"Note: If you need to use USB Bluetooth/WiFi module functions, to prevent
module compatibility issues, please purchase these module devices fromour company."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2026, 08:50:22 am by goaty »
 
The following users thanked this post: evava

Offline evava

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 250
  • Country: cz
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1336 on: August 27, 2026, 08:57:12 am »
Can someone help me:
I have got WiFi/bluetooth adapter, that mentioned earlier Aldo22, EP-N8568, see photo.
But when I plug it into the front USB port, absolutely nothing happens, and I can't turn on the Wi-Fi in the settings (error).
What am I supposed to do next? Do I need to do anything else in the settings? Check a box somewhere, or install something?
Or do I have a faulty adapter?
Which software version are you running ? The original one ?
Then I could imagine the driver for the USB to WIFI is maby not included in android kernel.
Maby OWON has included only for special chip the kernel driver in ADS800 version of firmware.

We could examine the update files or use lsmod and look at /sys/module to see if drivers are included.

They write in one manual:
"Note: If you need to use USB Bluetooth/WiFi module functions, to prevent
module compatibility issues, please purchase these module devices fromour company."
I am running last software version from owon.
I went straight from version 13 to version 1.0.1.8.2, skipping intermediate version 17.
When I plug in into computer : (picture)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2026, 09:03:14 am by evava »
 

Offline goaty

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 369
  • Country: de
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1337 on: August 27, 2026, 09:02:25 am »
I am running last software version from owon.
Of course it works in a Windows computer, but not in an Android (Linux) system with limited drivers.
What is the firmware version you are running ? V1.0.1.8.2 ?

Running 'strings' on the wlan.ko included in 1.8.2 firmware shows:
"/mnt/fs2/lt_ssd/DS01/nexell_nougat_r2/hardware/realtek/wlan/driver/rtl8723bu"
So I guess the device supported is a RTL8723BU.

Also mentioned:
alias=usb:v 0BDA p B720
alias=usb:v 7392 p A611

So check if WLAN adapter is 0BDA (Realtek) and PID: B720

The second VID is Edimax (7392). A611 is Edimax EW-7611ULB (Wi-Fi N150 und Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter)

I will try out this
https://www.pollin.de/p/edimax-wlan-bluetooth-usb-stick-ew-7611ulb-742630

Seems Nougat (Android 7) running on Nexell platform
"Nexell platform Android refers to Board Support Packages (BSPs) and hardware vendor files designed to run the Android operating system on Nexell System-on-Chips (SoCs), such as the S5P4418, S5P6818, and NXP4330Q"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2026, 09:41:49 am by goaty »
 
The following users thanked this post: evava

Offline evava

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 250
  • Country: cz
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1338 on: August 27, 2026, 09:03:52 am »
Yes.
 

Offline Aldo22Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1339 on: August 27, 2026, 09:05:19 am »
While the normal display essentially overlays different trigger events, segmentation allows you to see the individual trigger events.
That is not normal. You sure you have no persistency enabled ?
Never seen that before. And makes no sense to 'overlay' multiple triggers except for some dispaly persistence enabled.

By the way, I think this is how a DPO (digital phosphor oscilloscope) should behave.
The analog scope does the same thing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2026, 09:22:18 am by Aldo22 »
 
The following users thanked this post: goaty

Offline evava

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 250
  • Country: cz
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1340 on: August 27, 2026, 09:14:23 am »
I am running last software version from owon.
Of course it works in a Windows computer, but not in an Android (Linux) system with limited drivers.
What is the firmware version you are running ? V1.0.1.8.2 ?

Running 'strings' on the wlan.ko included in 1.8.2 firware shows:
"/mnt/fs2/lt_ssd/DS01/nexell_nougat_r2/hardware/realtek/wlan/driver/rtl8723bu"
So I guess the device supported is a RTL8723BU.
And mine is only RTL8723B (without U), which is not the same, probably.
(Wireless mouse in the same front USB works fine, so port is fine I think).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2026, 09:18:00 am by evava »
 

Offline goaty

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 369
  • Country: de
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1341 on: August 27, 2026, 09:28:13 am »
And mine is only RTL8723B (without U), which is not the same, probably.
(Wireless mouse in the same front USB works fine, so port is fine I think).
Please check the devices VID and PID in Windows.

(Picture is German and only example where to find VID and PID)
 
The following users thanked this post: evava

Offline Aldo22Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1342 on: August 27, 2026, 09:29:13 am »
On Linux, my device is identified by `lsusb` as:
ID 0bda:b720 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8723BU 802.11b/g/n WLAN Adapter
 
The following users thanked this post: evava, goaty

Offline evava

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 250
  • Country: cz
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1343 on: August 27, 2026, 09:32:21 am »
I am running last software version from owon.
Of course it works in a Windows computer, but not in an Android (Linux) system with limited drivers.
What is the firmware version you are running ? V1.0.1.8.2 ?

Running 'strings' on the wlan.ko included in 1.8.2 firware shows:
"/mnt/fs2/lt_ssd/DS01/nexell_nougat_r2/hardware/realtek/wlan/driver/rtl8723bu"
So I guess the device supported is a RTL8723BU.

Also mentioned:
alias=usb:v 0BDA p B720
alias=usb:v 7392 p A611

So check if WLAN adapter is 0BDA (Realtek) and PID: B720

The second VID is Edimax (7392). A611 is Edimax EW-7611ULB (Wi-Fi N150 und Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter)

I will try out this
https://www.pollin.de/p/edimax-wlan-bluetooth-usb-stick-ew-7611ulb-742630
Seems ok, but not working. (Picture)
On computer it works JUST in one USB port, in other three USB ports not - so, maybe is it strangely detective, who knows.
Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2026, 09:33:59 am by evava »
 
The following users thanked this post: goaty

Offline goaty

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 369
  • Country: de
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1344 on: August 27, 2026, 09:37:14 am »
Seems ok, but not working. (Picture)
On computer it works JUST in one USB port, in other three USB ports not - so, maybe is it strangely detective, who knows.
Thank you very much.
That seems like hardware not good. Maby signal on USB weak ? Or maby connector oxydized. Try clean USB with contact cleaner ?
 
The following users thanked this post: evava

Offline evava

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 250
  • Country: cz
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1345 on: August 27, 2026, 09:44:49 am »
Seems ok, but not working. (Picture)
On computer it works JUST in one USB port, in other three USB ports not - so, maybe is it strangely detective, who knows.
Thank you very much.
That seems like hardware not good. Maby signal on USB weak ? Or maby connector oxydized. Try clean USB with contact cleaner ?
Not working in "ss" USB. (Picture).
Works only in USB port without "ss" (picture)
 

Offline Aldo22Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1346 on: August 27, 2026, 09:49:09 am »
I connected mine via a USB hub.
Maybe that will help?
 
The following users thanked this post: evava, goaty

Offline evava

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 250
  • Country: cz
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1347 on: August 27, 2026, 09:51:54 am »
I connected mine via a USB hub.
Maybe that will help?
That might be the solution.
I'll try to dig up a hub.
Thanks for the idea!
 

Offline sdroamt0

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: it
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1348 on: August 27, 2026, 10:12:53 am »
Can someone help me:
I have got WiFi/bluetooth adapter, that mentioned earlier Aldo22, EP-N8568,
...
Or do I have a faulty adapter?
in both firmware V1.0.1.8.2 and V1.0.1.0.17 there is a wlan module /system/vendor/realtek/wlan.ko and looking inside the binary it seems to refer to two device alias:
  • vid=7392 pid=A611
  • vid=0BDA pid=B720

would you both evava and Aldo22 or someone other has a working wifi check if your wlan-bt device is one of such referred vid:pid ? (putting the dongle on linux computer with lsusb command -- for example 7392:A611 or 0BDA:B720 could be some other if it is compiled inside the kernel itself and not as module... and discerning the right device...
if you only have windows you should find a way yourself to see vid and pid)
 

Offline evava

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 250
  • Country: cz
Re: VOLTCRAFT DOV series
« Reply #1349 on: August 27, 2026, 10:32:14 am »
I connected mine via a USB hub.
Maybe that will help?
Very briliant idea, Aldo22, thank you very much!
Old USB 2.0 hub did it!
 :)
 
The following users thanked this post: snik, goaty, Aldo22


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->