Author Topic: The Bad Shopping Experience Thread  (Read 173682 times)

Offline dunkemhigh

• Super Contributor
Re: The Bad Shopping Experience Thread
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2020, 03:16:30 am »
This company has an interesting webpage

Not half!

Quote from: TMS webpage
"Why buy used from TMS ?

-Our company has been in business for over 10 years"

Quote from: TMS webpage
"About us

Texas Microwave Surplus was founded in 2016"

Offline eplpwr

• Regular Contributor
  • Junior VoltNut
« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2020, 05:41:42 am »
Last weekend PayPal decided that my account with them is "limited". According to their FAQ you're supposed to get an explanation of "why" in an e-mail from them. No such thing.

If you ever try to get in touch with PP, all your mail replies will be auto-generated by a robot that triggers on some stray word in the message header or body.  |O  Every new mail will get the same robotic response. Having your acct limited is like having it terminated but worse.

PP is also the Credit Card processor for eBay, so all transactions with "PP known" CC:s will be denied. Thus, "limited" by PP = no eBay. After some googling, a picture of an ultimately evil company - PayPal - reveals itself.

My chances to communicate with a human at PayPal in the next 10 years is essentially zero. Even their contact forms only allow you to choose from pre-defined topics, no free text for you!

Luckily, I've only used PP for purchases linked to CC:s; I never had funds with PP. If you have funds with PP withdraw them as fast as you can, many people have got their accounts limited/frozen and then PP simply confiscate their funds.

Sigh.  :palm:

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2020, 07:57:51 am »
Last weekend PayPal decided that my account with them is "limited". According to their FAQ you're supposed to get an explanation of "why" in an e-mail from them. No such thing.

If you ever try to get in touch with PP, all your mail replies will be auto-generated by a robot that triggers on some stray word in the message header or body.  |O  Every new mail will get the same robotic response. Having your acct limited is like having it terminated but worse.

PP is also the Credit Card processor for eBay, so all transactions with "PP known" CC:s will be denied. Thus, "limited" by PP = no eBay. After some googling, a picture of an ultimately evil company - PayPal - reveals itself.

My chances to communicate with a human at PayPal in the next 10 years is essentially zero. Even their contact forms only allow you to choose from pre-defined topics, no free text for you!

Luckily, I've only used PP for purchases linked to CC:s; I never had funds with PP. If you have funds with PP withdraw them as fast as you can, many people have got their accounts limited/frozen and then PP simply confiscate their funds.

Sigh.  :palm:

Yep. Bye PP. Nice knowing you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf