Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 366728 times)

Offline HappySundays

• Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #625 on: August 07, 2021, 08:24:27 pm »
Hi .rpv, so did you make a USB drive with the dso3kb_do_other_update.upk file and the dso3kb_do_other_update file with your serial number added and preferred model number and HW ID etc? That's how I understand it and hope to try. Did you run the backup-builder first to save the firmware?

Offline .rpv

• Contributor
« Reply #626 on: August 07, 2021, 08:30:05 pm »

Love the scope but the fungen seems pretty basic.

Many thanks to all people involved on the hacks/discovery.

The function generator in the DSO2X1X scopes is indeed pretty basic and limited, as expected for a $20 option (or free in your case) on a $200 DSO. If you really need a function generator for lab work, a standalone, separate function generator is recommended, and you can get a pretty good one for less than $100 these days. The same applies for the protocol decoders on the DSO2X1X scopes: they are there, but even a $5 USB logic analyzer + sigrok free software do a much, much better job.
https://sigrok.org/

Enjoy your new DSO!

You are right , what I was trying to say it's that hantek loaded the scope with tons of functionality but they leave the fungen with the basics, but that's not saying that it won't be useful, of course, I mean I was using a bare AD9833 module+arduino as a fungen ^-^  and even that was useful, the scope's fungen it's like 1000 times better  :-+

I was already really happy with the scope as it is, the free fungen and (maybe) the extra 50MHz bw was just the cherry on the cake  ;D

Offline .rpv

• Contributor
« Reply #627 on: August 07, 2021, 08:35:59 pm »
Hi .rpv, so did you make a USB drive with the dso3kb_do_other_update.upk file and the dso3kb_do_other_update file with your serial number added and preferred model number and HW ID etc? That's how I understand it and hope to try. Did you run the backup-builder first to save the firmware?

Hi, yes, it's just the uncompressed firmware file on the root of the usb stick with the "do_other_update" file with the 2 lines and that's it, I didn't added any S/N and this didn't change it, for what I understand on the hacking info you may need that for the extra mods not for the conversion to 2D15.

Offline AndrewBCN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #628 on: August 08, 2021, 01:08:58 am »
current general thoughts on these models? i need a second scope but i dont want to spend as much as my main bench one at the other office. if you have to buy again would you choose this one again? if not what would you look to? i have not bought a scope in a while even my other one is a bit outdated but its built like a tank. this is for a second setup for quick use normally a few times a week. id spend up to maybe 350$ or so of course less is better IF it performs well enough.

You get what you pay for. A $200 scope is never going to be as good as a $350 scope. So if your budget is $350 I would suggest you look at other scopes in that price range.
Just my $0.02.

Offline HappySundays

• Contributor
« Reply #629 on: August 08, 2021, 01:51:03 am »
That’s interesting. On the google drive there are some preformed files and an .upk that doesn’t need you to reflash the firmware. That’s the one I plan to try. Good to know that way works too.

Offline .rpv

• Contributor
« Reply #630 on: August 08, 2021, 03:23:46 am »
Yes, I downloaded the firmware from the hantek website and that's what I used, I think that was the same loaded on my scope, I saw the drive but I didn't see anything related to the 2D15 conversion, you should double check what script you'll be using, there are stuff on the drive that's very specific for certain scopes.

Offline Andrew_Debbie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #631 on: August 08, 2021, 09:42:33 am »
current general thoughts on these models? i need a second scope but i dont want to spend as much as my main bench one at the other office. if you have to buy again would you choose this one again? if not what would you look to? i have not bought a scope in a while even my other one is a bit outdated but its built like a tank. this is for a second setup for quick use normally a few times a week. id spend up to maybe 350$ or so of course less is better IF it performs well enough.

It depends entirely on what you mean by well enough.    I've had my 2D10 for a week now and it works as well as reported here.   For basic use it works just fine. 

Pro:
I don't think I could have done better for $230 including shipping and UK taxes.

Cons:
The external trigger input is limited to CMOS  0-3.3V  ONLY and edge triggering.   I've had to use channel  1 or 2 for triggers.  The external trigger is nearly useless to me.   This effectively costs me a channel.
The protocol decoder is slow.
There is a lot of noise, even at 500mV / div.

If I had the funds, I would have gotten a Siglent SDS1104X-U  or X-E  but they are double the price or more.

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline HappySundays

• Contributor
« Reply #632 on: August 08, 2021, 09:52:22 pm »
You've already successfully done the mod I know, but check out the "Script launcher" and "Scripts" folders under Hantek DSO2x1x -> Mods/Hacking section to see what I mean. I gather that a "do nothing" .upk file was made so that you could update details like this without the need to reflash firmware.

Offline .rpv

• Contributor
« Reply #633 on: August 08, 2021, 10:10:11 pm »
You're right, so you only need to execute the dso3kb_do_other_update.upk wih the do_other_update file, still just the two lines, not S/N should be required, that's pretty cool.

If you want to know if you C10 scope came the fungen parts populated without open it out just change the trigger source to external, if the scope has the parts you should hear a relay clicking.

Offline HappySundays

• Contributor
« Reply #634 on: August 09, 2021, 12:54:23 am »
If you want to know if you C10 scope came the fungen parts populated without open it out just change the trigger source to external, if the scope has the parts you should hear a relay clicking.

Oh, that's a great tip. Fingers crossed!

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #635 on: August 09, 2021, 09:00:47 am »
You've already successfully done the mod I know, but check out the "Script launcher" and "Scripts" folders under Hantek DSO2x1x -> Mods/Hacking section to see what I mean. I gather that a "do nothing" .upk file was made so that you could update details like this without the need to reflash firmware.

That's what "script launcher" does. Read the fu... I mean the FAQ!  :D
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline HappySundays

• Contributor
« Reply #636 on: August 09, 2021, 11:07:27 am »
You need to keep up with the conversation. I’m helping another reader do exactly that. While the FAQ needs a lot of work, I read through it and worked it out. It’s nowhere near as clear as it could be though.

Offline HappySundays

• Contributor
« Reply #637 on: August 11, 2021, 08:01:05 pm »
My oscilloscope arrived last night! I first did your suggested check with the external trigger source setting to hear the relay clicking - and it was there. I then did the quick update that just sets the model name and HW type, keeping my existing serial number and hey presto - I now have a fully functional DSO2D15. Thanks for everyone's help!

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #638 on: August 13, 2021, 07:20:31 am »
Added 2D15 conversion package for making it even easier
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: xuraax, Tekjive

Offline HappySundays

• Contributor
« Reply #639 on: August 15, 2021, 07:14:09 am »
Good job. Here's a link for anyone looking for it https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GkQ58OpYthIJsy-mMDN6FkS06qFK5u2J

Offline Nya

« Reply #640 on: August 15, 2021, 10:29:15 am »
I have get new DSO2D10 A015. As Hantek recommend me I updated it by
dso3kb_20210714
dso3kb_20210601_sets_FW3102.upk

|O They said I wiil get FW 3102 or B102. I have B102 now.
How can I roll back to A015 or update to 3102?
Because I have DC offset in DC/AC coupling for both channels about 40-80mv@1V/div. Calibration do not changed it. Coupling to GND: -400mV@1V/div

PCB: DSO2D15_V1.0 2020.8.17 - is it so bad?
SW: 0.0.1.1.0 (20210714.00)
HW: ...001
FW: B102
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 10:45:08 am by Nya »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #641 on: August 15, 2021, 11:03:17 am »
I guess you didn't read the FAQ.

Offline Nya

« Reply #642 on: August 15, 2021, 11:44:59 am »
I read "how to do", but there is no A015 version or information about it.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #643 on: August 15, 2021, 01:03:07 pm »
Then you must have seen that you should always make a backup? And that backup can restore that among other things?
And that also you're invited to share your fw file if not found on the current fw list, to have a backup of it!

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #644 on: August 15, 2021, 07:35:05 pm »
I read "how to do", but there is no A015 version or information about it.
I answered you on the 4pda forum.

Offline Nya

« Reply #645 on: August 15, 2021, 09:19:04 pm »
DavidAlfa Agree with you. Instead of this I read almost 27 pages of this topic. My opinion: what you pay is what you get. 150Mhz, 8M, AWG, logic analyzer, and the top is flavored with the buggest "Hantek" logo.

I found reaction to temperature for area around input IC's under metal cover (op amp and "095R AU1A"): offset voltage is changeing.

Sligtly freeze (around zero C): +200mV @ 1V/div
Slightly heat (50-60C): -200mV @ 1V/div

I don't care about vertical position of the line, I can change it with knob, but scope measure voltage level with "Measure" function with absolutely value with offset and it can't be zeroing. That a big problem.
Calibration won't help a lot.

Also without metal cover there are a lot of spikes on signal line that I have read in this topic.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #646 on: August 16, 2021, 03:06:05 pm »
I'm curious if There are any significant changes in the front end between v1.0 and the v1.7 Boards to try to adjust for such temperature sensitivity.

v1.0 Front End Posted by Microcheap
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/msg3515614/#msg3515614

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #647 on: August 16, 2021, 03:38:39 pm »
DavidAlfa Agree with you. Instead of this I read almost 27 pages of this topic. My opinion: what you pay is what you get. 150Mhz, 8M, AWG, logic analyzer, and the top is flavored with the buggest "Hantek" logo.

I found reaction to temperature for area around input IC's under metal cover (op amp and "095R AU1A"): offset voltage is changeing.

Sligtly freeze (around zero C): +200mV @ 1V/div
Slightly heat (50-60C): -200mV @ 1V/div

I don't care about vertical position of the line, I can change it with knob, but scope measure voltage level with "Measure" function with absolutely value with offset and it can't be zeroing. That a big problem.
Calibration won't help a lot.

Also without metal cover there are a lot of spikes on signal line that I have read in this topic.
Interesting. Could be happening on purpose? That's a really huge offset.
Someone with fw3200, see what's under the analog front-end cover! :D
I still wonder if the 150MHz bw is just marketing bullshit or if there's actually something real.
Might be those caps in the ADC?
Didn't see any proper tests yet.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 03:41:42 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline Nya

« Reply #648 on: August 17, 2021, 02:18:19 pm »
Fun facts: I received DSO2D10 with sticker for "DPO6102B" model on the box. Serial number on sticker is the same as in my system information for DSO2D10.
I waited almost 1 year to buy this model with latest improved PCB version, and they sent me v1.00 PCB with initial bugged FW from their warehouse.

I checked AWG: minimum step is about 2.5mV, "microvolts" fine adjust is fake.

I asked Hantek's Emergency Psychological Support.
They said 5% accuracy for DC offset is very good :D. And their engineers are adjusting hard :scared: to fix very important problem for one of the useful thing in this scope after 1 year: "GND coupling" offset.
For AC/DC coupling offset I calibrated scope to +80mV@1V/div at start up, and this drop to about 0 after 10-15 minutes warming up.
Please wait for the new firmware, be patience, and buy more Hantek. Yet more!  :-DD
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 07:53:20 pm by Nya »

Offline AndrewBCN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #649 on: August 17, 2021, 05:33:47 pm »
Just a heads up as two Hantek DSO2X1X reviews on YouTube popped up a few days ago:

1. Review/Teardown of a Hantek DSO2D10 Oscilloscope - It Has Builtin AWG, Does Protocol Decoding Too!

Unfortunately the reviewer wastes a lot of time with the AWG and the protocol decoding, which are two of the weakest features of the DSO2X1X series, as already discussed here many times.

Still, a good, informative review:

2. FNIRSI 1014D vs OWON SDS1104 vs Hantek DSO2D10 ⭐ Entry Level Oscilloscope Showdown!

An interesting comparison of these three "budget" DSOs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqfm1pN2Uac&ab_channel=TechCornerTVElectronics%2CProjects%26Tutorials

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf