Still working on getting that PT2399 cleanly decapped, but meanwhile, here's a logic chip to look at...
I scored an interesting module on Xianyu recently, which looks like it was part of a Chinese radio (aviation? military?). The components and construction are a strange mix of Soviet-era Russia, USA/western-Europe, and uniquely Chinese. Fascinating comparing the sourcing of different pieces. Anyways, it has a row of these ICs, and as there's no way I'm going to find any data on them, I need to open them up to figure out what they do, so that I can reverse-engineer the circuitry in the module.

Luckily, most of them are the same model: this "T076BA DG II", except for one that I'll be looking at in the future.
Here's the die:

- It looks like TTL: there's clearly sets of nested wells which scream "bipolar transistor" to me, and not much in the way of resistors
- Ground was easy to find because it connects to the substrate in a couple places, and that pin connects externally to the enclosure/shield
- There's a protection diode on each input pin, which made it easier to figure out which silicon doping was which: I used my multimeter's diode check to check the polarity of these diodes relative to ground, which told me that the substrate was P-type and the 1st (outer) wells were N-type. From here, it was easy to look at the alternating nested wells, and figure out that the transistors were all NPNs, and where the base connections were.
- The "T076" marking is reversed: that's not an artifact of my microscope setup. Someone didn't account for the various flips when making the mask?
Here's the contents, labeled:

When traced, it results in this transistor-level schematic:

At first, I was very confused about which side was the collector and which was the emitter, on each transistor, because of the connections of Q1-Q15, Q2-Q14, etc.
I'm not too familiar with IC design or TTL circuit details, so the workings may be obvious to others here, but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I'd done wrong despite the very simple connections & process. I couldn't figure out where the base current to Q12-15 was coming from. It turns out that the designers get their full usage out of every PN junction, though, by selectively forward-biasing the base-collector junctions of the multi-emitter transistors. Q1-4 are used more like diode arrays than a traditional current-amplifier role.
Let's look at Q1 and Q15, for example: when all the Q1 emitters are high, the transistor is off. Base current flows through R1, then the base-collector diode, and into Q15's base. The common connection with Q10 sets the Q1 collector voltage to 2*Vbe above ground, so that this next part can work correctly. When any of the Q1 emitters is brought low (below the Q1 collector voltage), it now forward-biases the base-emitter junction, turns on Q1, and "steals" the Q1 base current. Now, the base-collector junction is no longer forward-biased, so Q15 turns off.
The same is done with Q9/Q6 & Q5/Q11: Q5 & Q9 get their base current through Q6 & Q11's forward-biased base-collector junctions, when the Q6 & Q11 emitters are high.
The right-most sections are obviously power stages to drive the output pins. Q18 & Q19 are Darlington arrangements, with both transistors living in the same collector well. These provide the high-side drive, while Q16 & Q17 provide the low-side drive. R7 & R8 provide base current to the high-side Darlingtons, until Q8 or Q7 turns on and shunts this current to the bases of the low-side drivers instead.
Q20 & Q21 have a strange arrangement which I don't completely understand, and might use the lateral resistance of the base somehow? They seem to be meant to limit the base current to the low-side drivers, maybe to keep them out of saturation (or limit the saturation).
Anyways, tracing out the equivalent logic implemented by these transistors, we end up with this:

You can see 3 separate R-S latches made out of NAND gates. The two left-hand ones are cross-coupled to each other, as well.
The connections are easy, but figuring out the intent behind the 3-way-coupled latches seemed much more difficult, so I looked at common logic-gate implementations of standard flip-flop types: it looked like it would be a J-K or D flip-flop. Turns out, the D-flip-flop diagram shown on Wikipedia matches perfectly:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Edge_triggered_D_flip_flop_with_set_and_reset.svgMatching it up with the gate-level schematic above:
Pin 10 is ~Reset
Pin 13 is Clock
Pin 4 is ~Set
Pins 1, 2, and 3 are Data: all effectively AND'ed together?
Pins 5 & 9 don't have a direct equivalent: it looks like pins 4 & 10 are a synchronous Set/Reset while pins 5 & 9 are asynchronous Set/Reset?
Now knowing that all these chips are D-flip-flops, and having their pinout of these chips, it shouldn't be hard to figure out what this module is doing (probably a frequency divider)...once I decap and trace the other unique IC onboard. Hope this was interesting.