Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Microcontrollers / Re: Spurious pin-change interrupts with AVR DB
« Last post by T3sl4co1l on Today at 10:44:31 pm »
We need schematic and layout to know better, but fast bounce is typically not propagated along the PDN (power distribution network), differential mode, but common mode through wiring; including any boards that lack ground planes, to name one very basic error, but without layout provided, I cannot rule out the possibility.

Calling it an unqualified error is a bit over-the-top, but is simpler and more colloquial than saying "highly likely to be problematic".  Again, without information, only broad sweeping answers are possible.

EMC is a complex and holistic topic.  Rigorous, provable and comprehensive solutions are possible -- but the problem must be fully defined to every detail and nuance to be able to provide that certainty.  In lieu of that, incomplete data lead to uncertain outcomes -- how much, depends on what data are missing, and as the picture gets less and less complete, the full range of possibilities, best case to worst case, quickly diverges; a likely path can still be explored through the problem space, but more and more assumptions must be made along the way: what components are used, how the layout and wiring is done, about what nodes are interfering and how, etc.

Note also, brushed motors arc internally, so create noise by themselves, without switching noise having to be generated by the circuit.  Ceramic caps and ferrite beads on the terminals, and to the motor case or nearby chassis/enclosure (whatever might pass for relevant RF ground), are a typical addition.  Needless to say, the switching source into the motor needs to be controlled, whether by local filtering, or switching slow enough.  Note that filtering can be a small dampened LC filter to knock down the edges, or a full PWM filter (i.e. buck converter), depending on what you're doing with it (it might be better to use the full PWM filter if Fsw should be on the high side, motor control should be nimble, and the wires are long, preferring strong filtering).

There's also the semi-non-solution solution: if the noise is synchronous with the circuit (i.e. switching noise ultimately triggered by a timer), you might even blank the interrupt entirely, near the edge.  This will require a cascade of timers, but might be reasonable depending on available resources.

Tim
Beginners / Re: Need help identifying IC of a latched on off module
« Last post by Manul on Today at 10:40:42 pm »
Not necessarily MCU, because such dedicated push button controllers exist, for instance MAX16054 (same 6 pin package). Regarding this module, if it uses such ASIC, it will be a part from some obscure chinese manufacturer or a clone.
Test Equipment / Re: New Keithley DMM6500 and now DAQ6510
« Last post by 0x2102 on Today at 10:36:31 pm »
Out of interest, how high is your mains voltage typically?
I just measured 239.41V - so perfect match for the 240V setting.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's
« Last post by BillyO on Today at 10:35:41 pm »
Just having a look at the PB470 "70MHz" probes that come with the SDS804X-HD.  They don't come with ground springs.  There is no excuse for this.  However I found their performance to be .. sufficient, to say the least providing a 215MHz BW.  The following screen shots were taken using an SDS2504 which has been tested to over 600MHz, so not down very much at 215MHz.

@10MHz Vpp is 1.78mV which implies -3db=1.26mV

10 MHz
2172058-0

70 MHz
2172034-1

140 MHz
2172040-2

210 MHz
2172046-3

215 MHz
2172052-4
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Canceled Because Thread All Shit Up by "tggzzz"
« Last post by alm on Today at 10:35:23 pm »
That 3.5 digit meter remark was pretty nasty after he had explained that he was using 6.5 meters with fresh calibration. So 5.5 digits would have been a realistic estimate. Those "expert" comments and the ban might as well indicate that he was on something valid.
No, they were saying they used a 5.5 digit meter that they compared to a 6.5 digit meter. And just because you measured a reference down to say 100 uV/V uncertainty doesn't mean you can claim it will be stable down to that level months later and at a 10°C higher ambient temperature without doing extra work. I explained how to establish proper specs, but they weren't interested. They kept giving unrealistic specifications. But now I as "expert" am the bad person?
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's
« Last post by BillyO on Today at 10:25:04 pm »
Hi,
The SDS800X HD does not have native HDMI Video Output.
I found this USB-HDMI-ADAPTER on Aliexpress, which can be plugged into a USB port.
Question: If you connect it to one of the USB ports on the SDS800X HD, will it locate the drive and make the Monitor work with an external HDMI input?
TKS.
Highly unlikely.  The OS would need support for this.
General Technical Chat / Re: Does anyone make good SSDs any more?
« Last post by Infraviolet on Today at 10:22:18 pm »
Another thought, what about WD red drives? Are the higher reliability? But are the the sort which is unable to be used as a boot device?
Repair / Re: Please help, how can I adjust this transistor?
« Last post by daisizhou on Today at 10:21:19 pm »
Hi

I tested again today,I found that if you open the upper cover (upper shell) of the 8920a host,Pressing the "LO RANGE ENABLE" button will have no effect.In other words,When I closed the lid, I pressed the "LO RANGE ENABLE" button, the "2Mhz" indicator light came on, and I saw fluctuating numbers jumping on the display.When I remove the upper cover (upper shell) the "2Mhz MAZ" light will go out,Nothing happens when the "LO RANGE ENABLE" button is pressed.It seems that the "LO RANGE ENABLE" function is related to interference.

Although I'm not sure if the data is meaningful, I recorded the data anyway
Repair / sds8102v
« Last post by Sergey61 on Today at 10:20:33 pm »
do you need a dump from ovon sds8102? Hello. The officials haven't responded for a month. the problem is that all controls, all power supplies do not work, and the signal from the buttons reaches the pls
That's probably a little microcontroller like a PIC10F200, ATTINY10, etc in a SOT-23-6.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next