Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SSA 3021X... Ooops
« Last post by Joel_l on Today at 04:40:40 am »
Looking at it more, I believe the parts 956P are switches. Looking at the path, it looks like the first switch switches in the 49R9 resistor, going farther down the path it looks like the other switches control some attenuators. Not sure why the 50 Ohm termination would ever be switched out.
Repair / Re: Mig welder wire feeder controller board not working
« Last post by coppercone2 on Today at 04:40:18 am »
i wonder if they have a hand crank fed mig some where

the deep future of welding is a hand cranked super conductive dynamo that both feeds wire and generates electricity to power the welding process, for welding shanties up in the far corners of the galaxy
General Technical Chat / Re: Philips Technical Review and index
« Last post by andymok on Today at 04:31:11 am »
Hi Bill, Thank you for hosting the Philips Technical Review.  I was researching the fundamentals of CD-DA for quite some years, your collections helps a lot.  Would you consider hosting them in archive.org, or would you mind if someone upload them?

Thank you so much!
Beginners / Re: Jutter calculation ?
« Last post by ataradov on Today at 04:21:52 am »
Well, you need to get information from the people that complain. It is possible that it is much worse with certain types of signals and/or frequencies.

Also, is that 10 MHz reference external? Is it possible that it is bad with internal reference only?

I have no idea about that specific siggen.

But also, since you are characterizing a general purpose signal generator, your initial measured duty cycle jitter also matters. If you are using it for something that cares about duty cycle, it may not fit your needs.
« Last post by GigaJoe on Today at 04:10:49 am »
Im playing with DSS  FY-6900
and as many complain about jitter signal output , I'm trying to actually characterize it in numbers.

so gen source is 10Mhz OCXO now .. and I can run output up to 60M  ; that frequency on pictures  is actually 10.000 000.1

my guess I need to pick some most horrendous frequency but I don't know what is that ;  like completely uneven , random one ?
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: FS: Motorola MVME 202, 310, 211
« Last post by ZGoode on Today at 04:09:02 am »
I found 4 pcs of HP 01650-63203 100kOhm Termination Adapter for logic analyzer. Date code is 39/93. And it doesn't seem like they have been used much. They come with plastic bag and manuals.
Anyone interested?

I'd probably be interested in those if the shipping and price is reasonable.  How much would it cost to ship to Gilbert, AZ 85295 in the USA?
Picture of solar night lamp.
Beginners / Re: Automatic golf ball dispenser
« Last post by BTO on Today at 04:01:55 am »
You can use an Arduino. Here is an example: https://www.instructables.com/Golf-ball-dispenser/
You can indeed, but i think his point was YOU DON'T NEED TO. Which.. I agree, You don't need to . But i was trying to explain to him
that we were trying to help the O.P. with ideas.
Bottom line is, he seems to have some aggression in him, Maybe he's young, Not sure.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SSA 3021X... Ooops
« Last post by Joel_l on Today at 04:00:07 am »
Its already in pieces. I was doing some tx measurements and left my attenuator out when making a change. The SA got 6 Watts pumped into it. It is not working properly now, levels are wrong, frequency is also off a little, I worry that might be a bigger issue. Measurements were fine until my screwup.
« Last post by ataradov on Today at 03:54:48 am »
This is not a lot of period jitter.  Next step is to move away multiple periods until there is a measurable value and then divide by the number of periods. But the more periods you move away, the less meaningful this number becomes from the characterization point of view. It is still good enough for basic estimation.

What is the signal source and what is the anticipated jitter?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next