Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
While going frame by frame, you can see that the 2354 updates on each frame, while the 1024 usually displays a single waveform for 2 frames.
Today The post women had my adaptors from mendip_discovery,Thanks Again,
The Adaptors fit very well, it is a shame that the ABS one failed half way through as it is a tighter fit with the ali spacer, but the other is fine just a little bit more play but still very good, why i wanted the long size is to hold the LED Ring Light,
if i mount the ring light to the lens i can use the ABS Adaptor, i am very happy with your great work Roger,
Thanks Again,
Dave 2E0DMB
Sure, if you can find one - it's obsolete by Discovery 3
Microcontrollers / Re: Divide clock by 3 on a ATF16V8B
« Last post by xvr on Today at 09:04:25 am »
Main problem with 16V8 not a possibility of implementing something with it, but possibility to program it. It requires special hardware to program, and programming specifications is not publicaly available (official).
So, if you do not have access to some PLD programmer using 16V8 is a very problematic
Microcontrollers / Re: How to create custom bootloader in esp8266
« Last post by digitalectron on Today at 09:03:40 am »
There are several Arduino wrappers for OTA systems for the 8266. They mostly work OK. For example the OTA for the Tasmota project is very reliable and uses multiple partitions with fall back so if it fails it's no big deal to just try again, not having to resort to connecting the USB up and flashing it via serial.

Thanks for your help , How do I find the best link for Tasmota project?
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / Re: Cascade RF Frontend 2.4GHz possible?
« Last post by Flunze on Today at 09:01:10 am »
Hi vk4ffab. Thanks for your reply. But I think you overread something:

Without this I get -65dbm and with about -40dbm

This means the Backend outputs around -65dbm and the first stage -40dbm. I mean, if I would have +5dbm why would I bother amplifying anything? I have no way to directly measure this however. It is possible, that my phone is not really the best. But the manufacturer claims at most 100mW of output power (consisting of 4 channels). Originally I measure however -20db. Okay lets do some simple math:

The 20dbm in total for a single channel are 14dbm for the original circuit. My phone measures -20dbm (a lot of loss, but very repeatable measurements with multiple devices). Okay, I measure -40dbm with a single of the replacement Frontend IC's. That is 20db lower, so +14dbm-20db = -6dbm. This is well within range of what the input of these ICs can handle according to the spec.

Okay, this clearly shows that the -65dbm at the beginning are incorrect, but it backs up that I have 1 order of magnitude of safety left. That also means, that if it works, the output power basically lands right in the perfect spot of +20dbm. That would actually be absolutely amazing.

My question is just, if you look at the circuit: Can you chain 2 of these ICs in series, or do you need some passives in between? Remember, I do not look for perfect performance at all. It just needs to work reasonable for a low effort. I would think, that the Output is basically at DC level, just like the input - so I would think it should be fine. All circuits use 3.3V as input, so I expect the voltages to be at equally fine levels.

TLDR:
- Input power is definitely within safe range
- Question: Do I absolutely need some passives or could a direct ANT Out to RXTX work with a direct connection? (ignore impedance and parasitics for now)

After purchasing a Multicomp Power Supply detailed in an earlier post from the 'Fire Sale' at element14 in Sydney, I note they also have Weller WEP70 station kits for $180.47 with free delivery. Their standard price is $391.

https://au.element14.com/weller/t0053298390/soldering-kit-450deg-c-85w-230v/dp/291552002?st=FireSaleAllProducts

The kit includes side cutters, solder, and a spare tip with the station. I have seen just the station from other suppliers for around $250 delivered, so a nice little saving. I haven't used one so can't vouch for them, but I have a couple of the earlier WESD51 50W versions that uses the same 'ET' tips and they work well for me.

Still having no joy with the PC interface though (hint).

Any chance you have access to a Win 10 machine that you can try?  It worked fine on my cheap Dell workshop laptop under Win10.
I thought you said the dim input is 12V tolerant?

The ratio of R3:R2 is wrong.

AV = 1 + R2/R3

You need R2 to be 2 2/3 times the value of R3 for a gain of 3.3.

Try
R2 = 56k
R3 = 24k
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next