Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Homebrew Lock-In Amplifier
« Last post by Sariel on Today at 11:38:31 am »
I made a very nice Lock in amplifier based on AD630.

A short time ago, I actually posted a LinkedIn post about this with some results:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/sariel-hodisan-792363120_lock-in-amplifiers-lias-are-incredibly-activity-7180141558162178049-_iK3?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android
CGHV is not amplifier, it's just a transistor. You don't need to gate power to it - just remiving
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD Review & Demonstration Thread
« Last post by markone on Today at 11:37:19 am »
Same topic, comparison with DHO1000 that does not show unwanted spuries :

Test Equipment / Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Last post by DavidAlfa on Today at 11:33:48 am »
Why not? As far as I know all 32xx firmwares should work in scopes that originally came with some 32xx version, which are all since 2021 or so.
Same with software, I would try, shouldn't cause any issues, whether it has one flash type or another it doesn't matter, that's managed by the kernel, which the software updates never touch.

As long as you made your backups, there's nothing to worry about!
General Technical Chat / Re: What ICs are used in this rocket?
« Last post by coppice on Today at 11:31:41 am »
It's all noodle logic.
and all the best noodles are now made in Taiwan.  :)
One thought for young vs. old.
If virus goes to lungs it's, up to the point, good the have worse than better immunity.
Very good immunity can hit back so hard the you'll finally suffocate.
That was what made SARS in 2003 so nasty. Quite a number of young fit people's immune systems went into overdrive and killed them. There never seemed to be much publicity about that, but I know people in the HK medical system who told me some harrowing stories.
« Last post by pcprogrammer on Today at 11:27:53 am »
It's all noodle logic.

So everything digital from Italy uses spaghetti logic  :-//
And the USA has burger logic  >:D
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Help with DIY guitar pedal
« Last post by Scornn on Today at 11:26:53 am »
Okay, so ive tried with a DPDT switch and its still the same, checked every resistor and diode and theyre all good. Ive replaced some caps except for 5 of them. The largest cap which is C7 220uf seems to get quite hot. Refit the ICs and I have a few TC072s and 062s. I have ordered a few more CD4046 chips and another V3207 and if that doesnt work then I have no god damn idea. Still bypass and power/LED works so we shall see when theres new chips arrive
« Last post by coppice on Today at 11:26:07 am »
For anyone who is curious as to the answer rather than just with Faringdon being a troll  :).

Radiation-hardened FPGAs and microcontrollers/SoCs most likely if they are "old space". 

Or they could be using consumer devices with higher tolerance to single event upsets which is the SpaceX ("new space") approach - reasonably normal computers (they use x86 Intel processors of one kind or another) but with much redundancy and self-checking. See here:  https://space.stackexchange.com/questions/9243/what-computer-and-software-is-used-by-the-falcon-9
That thread seems to imply that radiation hardened ICs and large scale redundancy are alternatives, but that's not really true. The two have usually been combined to achieve acceptable results.
Repair / Re: JBC SL-2300
« Last post by m k on Today at 11:22:54 am »
Sorry, no photos.
But something from your photos.

Brown in is possibly a fuse, it goes to diode.
Blue in can also be a fuse, it goes under the button and space is too small for black diode used elsewhere.
But blue in wire shouldn't touch the 100k resistor, it might be so in first picture.

Other side of the button is a black diode.
If it's positive end is directly connected to blue in there is a full wave rectifier of some sort.

Half wave rectifier there clearly is since brown side diode is the only thing through what electricity goes.
The side also seems to be straight through, return is unknown.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next