Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Buy/Sell/Wanted / FS Pick and Place system with tons of feeders
« Last post by rx8pilot on Today at 04:32:48 am »
The time has finally come where I need to let go of my pick and place system. I am moving and will not have room for it anymore.  :--

I will update this with more details, but will start with the basics.

Quad 4000C with PPM control upgrade to Windows OS.
225+ feeders
Many spare parts
Currently in-use and can be seen in southern California.
142  - 8mm standard feeders
18  - 8mm precision feeders
30  - 12mm feeders
28  - 16mm feeders
12  - 24mm feeders
2  - Vibe feeders (4x lanes on each)
Custom CNC machined adjustable strip feeders
Many nozzles and 3 position nozzle changers
The majority of the feeders are in good shape, but they all require regular maintenance. Typically the OEM peel rollers need replacement, but 3D printing them yourself is the best option.

3600CPH rated, but don't expect any P&P to run at its rating. 2000CPH is what I use for planning, but can be faster if you optimize. The best thing about this system is the flying alignment system. It uses a head mounted line scan camera to identify and orient the part while it is traveling from the pickup location to the placement. This is a huge speed boost since the up facing camera is rarely used. Even QFP's, QFN's and many other parts simply don't need the camera.

This is a commercial machine that uses a lot of off-the-shelf parts, making it practical to maintain. PPM still supports these systems. For the time that I have owned it, the primary use was prototyping and small batch production. That is why I have so many feeders. Having a ton of feeders allows a number of jobs to be setup at the same time.

I can answer any questions and will try to post some videos as well.
This is being sold as a system, not being parted out. I will not be selling feeders or other parts separately.

At the moment, this is the only place it is listed.

Priced to sell at $12,500 USD plus logistics for everything.

Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol DHO800/900 Scope
« Last post by norbert.kiszka on Today at 04:17:05 am »
There are two or three completely different wifi dongles with that model number. Different chipset = most likely different Linux kernel module (driver)

So I am discovering.
Had thought there was only 2 versions. Made sure I purchased Ver 3. Didn't help :-(

Check modules in a /rigol/driver/

Check if module is loaded with lsmod.

Turn it on when dongle is connected already.

Try to load it by hand with insmod. If this will not help, this dongle will not work.
Repair / Fluke 87 (87III) Diode Test Not Working
« Last post by pkomoro on Today at 04:15:48 am »
I have an older Fluke 87III and the diode test is not working.  I get no beep, no change on the display.

If i short the leads, the display updates to 0V, but again, no beep.

The speaker works and beeps on continuity tests, so it's definitely something specific to the diode test.

Any suggestions?
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol DHO800/900 Scope
« Last post by MartynC on Today at 04:12:57 am »
There are two or three completely different wifi dongles with that model number. Different chipset = most likely different Linux kernel module (driver)

So I am discovering.
Had thought there was only 2 versions. Made sure I purchased Ver 3. Didn't help :-(
TL-WN725N

There are two or three completely different wifi dongles with that model number. Different chipset = most likely different Linux kernel module (driver). This scope have only one compiled wifi module, and You can compile more modules - but only if You have a source code - You can ask Rigol to give You that, since it's a GPL licensed software.
Thanks!  Well that shoots down one theory.  After my post, I see that the Nexperia has schmitt triggers on all inputs, but the two different TI part numbers do not...

So my initial statement that the two parts are functionally interchangeable is not quite true.  I suppose maybe they are malfunctionally interchangeable?   ;)
You do have to measure it powered to get sensible results, but you need to make sure the amplifier isn't going to transmit a signal (best case, interferes with your measurement. Worst case, damages your VNA).

Be very, very careful and thoroughly think things through before connecting potential transmitters to VNA/SA.  Inline attenuators to make sure worst-case malfunction won't cause overload is pragmatic (make your calibration reference plane after the attenuation, of course).
Just bought a couple of the TL-WN725N USB dongle adapters. Followed the guides to add to the Rigol DHO800. No success. The dongle is not recognised by the scope and and I unable to turn on wifi on in the Android settings (when I try the wifi toggle button bounces straight back to off).

Scope firmware (Utility -> About) : 00.01.02 SP2

The dongle I have is labelled as 240806 Ver 3.0. When first plugged in to a windows PC it acts as a usb memory device and contains 2 files.  The Windows PC does not recognised the dongle as a wifi dongle.
 - setup.inf
 - setup.exe

setup.exe installs drivers for RTL8188GU:
 - PBR_RTL8188GU.txt
 - rtl8188gu.sys
 - vwifibus.sys

driver date: 09/04/2018
driver version: 1040.1.1205.2017

After install the dongle works fine on the windows PC (no longer seen as a memory device) and it appears in Device Manager as TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter

These are Chinese versions purchased from Taobao. I am now wondering if this is a local/regional version.

An online search shows me lots of people looking for linux drivers but I cannot find anything for Android.
Test Equipment / Re: Spikes and noise on Rigol DHO814
« Last post by thefatmoop on Today at 04:00:59 am »
This is not exactly the same issue discussed here, but is the first google result i got when searching for similar issues. I have the LiteOn PSU and noticed lately that i've been getting excessive noise if a probe was connected.

Solution - Noise was from the LiteOn PSU being sandwiched against a cheap standing desk psu. Moved the scope psu away and problem solved.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next