Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent General Wish List
« Last post by BillyO on Today at 03:13:05 am »
10 MHz Reference input, and probably a 10 MHz output too.
Most HF dependant instruments already offer this.
For most AWG's and analyzers plus SDS7000A 10M In/Out is already supported.
It needs to come down the line a few thousand dollars too.  Seriously, this is not a major expense.  In the past very affordable instruments had this ability.  Today it seems like, WTF!  Just put it in!!!! :palm:
« Last post by tautech on Today at 03:09:05 am »
Most HF dependant instruments already offer this.
For most AWG's and analyzers plus SDS7000A 10M In/Out is already supported.
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Canceled Because Thread All Shit Up by "tggzzz"
« Last post by J-R on Today at 03:07:20 am »
I agree with the decision to ban the OP due to his outburst and possibly the (too) many posts pushing his products.  (Is it just temporary to give him time to cool off?)

But also with less than 100 total posts I don't see how dodging him is ruining your daily quality time with the EEVblog!

Even I admit that if I were to sell a similar product I would not be 100% sure in which forum to post about it.  Would he need to buy ad space from Dave?  Or perhaps "Sponsor" a board?

Well, regardless, I think this "postmortem" is nearly complete...
Test Equipment / SCPI - get instantaneous channel reading DS1054Z
« Last post by ornea on Today at 03:02:54 am »
i think I am missing the point and doing it all wrong.

I simply want to read the current channel input value.  i.e. The current ADC reading.

It seems my only options are to use SCPI command to

1. :MEAS:ITEM? with one of the following {VMAX|VMIN|VPP|VTOP|VBASe|VAMP|VAVG|VRMS|OVERshoot|PREShoot|MARea|MPARea|PERiod|FREQuency|RTIMe|FTIMe|PWIDth|NWIDth|PDUTy|NDUTy|RDELay|FDELay|RPHase|FPHase|TVMAX|TVMIN|PSLEWrate|NSLEWrate|VUPper|VMID|VLOWer|VARIance|PVRMS|PPULses|NPULses|PEDGes|NEDGes} or

2. :WAV:DATA? to read the entire internal memory and then pick an arbitrary point to use as my reading.

Has any one come up with an elegant work around to simply get the current ADC value for a channel.

(1). above only gives results on a processed waveform and (2) seems like massive overkill.

I am currently using :MEAS:ITEM? VAVG like RoGeorge does here https://github.com/RoGeorge/DS1054Z_data_logger which works for slowly changing voltages but no good when trying to sample at a point in time of my choosing for a varying signal.

I am thinking I have no choice but to use waveform and select a point in the array that is closest in time to my sample time.

I basically want to use the scope as an ADC and do the waveform analysis in software.

Any tips/hints/tricks warmly welcome.

ornea.
« Last post by BillyO on Today at 02:59:01 am »

:-+ :-+ :-+
« Last post by Electro Fan on Today at 02:56:04 am »
« Last post by tautech on Today at 02:49:28 am »
Things are certainly moving this way and following existing product lines that provide webservers.
The new DMM, PSU and portable analyzers coming all are listed with webservers.

Even my 2yr old SPS5000X SMPS offers it.  :o
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by tautech on Today at 02:45:11 am »

Mike, you of anyone will know how large orders of expensive IC's can dramatically reduce BOM costs.

It's all about quantity......

Exactly, but even so, selling a DSO of this calibre and maturity at this price point is like getting a Porsche for the price of a Kia :-+
Yup.

I was lucky enough to get a SDS814X HD in early Feb and first impressions were WOW, what a step up from the previous X-E and adopting the UI and a large amount of the feature set of the more upmarket models it was obvious that these would be a big hit.....especially at their comparatively low cost.  :o

Privileged also to see the beta firmwares under development and all those good things it will bring to us soon.

There's another point I've noticed since very recently getting these in stock that the SN# format has changed a little to now have a last 5 digit numeric system for each production year.
I wonder how high that number has reached and we're not halfway through the year......
adjustable output power, wider frequency range, analog/digital modulation all come to mind
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / Re: RF Test Automation
« Last post by rfdave#gmail.com on Today at 02:10:07 am »
So have you started? Take the equipment you are current using, read the manual, install python, and get started with the examples the vendors provide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next