Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
And try additionally enabling the input signal bandwidth limitation of 20 MHz for each channel.
I been looking to get an z-ray machine see these pop up all the time.
Microcontrollers / Re: Help porting 2 functions from C++ to C
« Last post by kgavionics on Today at 04:01:43 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult_programming ;)
Thank you for link! I Learned something new today 😜😜😜😜
The screws have to be imperial and gotta be slotted, otherwise it's not true to the original design. :-/O Gotta keep it accurate to the 'real' in-game design!  :-DD
Plated steel is the material I'm looking for, I'll settle for zinc plating as the usual Mil-spec cadmium is not so suitable for general use in the home. :P

I found I can buy a set of taps here in Japan, so that's covered.

For the 5/16-10 screws I do actually need 3/16" long as they are decorative screws going into a part with 3/16" (4.762mm) wall thickness, but they are probably not available, so longer is fine and I'll cut them down.

For quantities, I guess standard packaging quantities is ok.
Here is the minimum I need for each size, to make one complete assembly:
- 16 of 6-32, 5/16" long
- 8 of 10-24 1/4" long
- 6 of 5/16-18, 1/2" long (or shortest available unless we can find 3/16" long screws).
- 8 of 6-32, 3/4" long
- 16 of 6-32, 3/16 long
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by tautech on Today at 03:59:24 am »
Privileged also to see the beta firmwares under development and all those good things it will bring to us soon.

Are they going to add the data logger and WiFi anytime soon?  I was a bit surprised to not see those (unless I missed them in the manual) as they clearly already have figured out how to do it in the SDS1104X-E.
Not immediately it seems however it is on their radar.....a few of us have insisted it is.

I would imagine with the existing SDS800X HD NTP capability, Logging could be enabled and it follows WiFi should be too.
Or just maybe feature sets will not made to overlap to maintain X-E sales.  :-//
 :popcorn:
Repair / Re: Please help, how can I adjust this transistor?
« Last post by daisizhou on Today at 03:50:17 am »
I replaced it with a 50 ohm load,Found that things are developing in a good direction.(https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/i-made-a-50-ohm-load-with-bnc-connector-is-this-correct/)

I'm still continuing to test,it takes time,give me some time,I need to confirm if the problem is finally resolved.
Thanks.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent Bench DMMs SDM3065X, SDM3055 and SDM3045X
« Last post by tomud on Today at 03:48:47 am »
Yes, that is right. Keysight has very good software but only for Keysight products and not free :(

I don't fully agree with this ;) Although I use software from this company (ADS, Gensys, etc.). On the other hand, as colleagues mentioned, you didn't specify exactly what the problem is. The software may vary and sometimes certain GUI concepts take some getting used to. The same is true with measuring equipment - when using equipment from different companies, you often need to develop certain habits in order to be able to cope with a different approach to using the equipment.

However, if I need to do something unusual quickly, I use Matlab or C#.NET (where the program can be quickly created almost from ready-made puzzles). There is also the above-mentioned Python and LabVIEW - although I do not use them due to my insufficient knowledge (it is faster for me to use the tools I know - and they are usually sufficient to achieve the goal). It's true that I recommend LabView or Python if someone is not a programmer - for example, some things bother me in Python, but this is due to my habits of writing in C, C++, and Assembler. It is easier to learn for people who do not program (they do not have certain habits).

Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by bdunham7 on Today at 03:44:40 am »
Privileged also to see the beta firmwares under development and all those good things it will bring to us soon.

Are they going to add the data logger and WiFi anytime soon?  I was a bit surprised to not see those (unless I missed them in the manual) as they clearly already have figured out how to do it in the SDS1104X-E.
ChatGPT/AI / Re: AI-generated lies in datasheet search results
« Last post by radiolistener on Today at 03:38:35 am »
Any publicity is good publicity.

Here is response from chatgpt  :D
The phrase "Any publicity is good publicity" suggests that all exposure is beneficial, even if it's negative. However, there are several reasons why this may not always be true:

1)    Brand Damage: Negative publicity can severely harm a brand's reputation. Once trust is broken, it's difficult to rebuild, and it may lead to a loss of customers and partnerships.

2)    Financial Impact: Bad publicity can cause immediate financial consequences, such as a drop in stock prices, loss of sales, or costly legal repercussions.

3)    Long-Term Effects: Negative stories can persist in the public's memory, affecting a company's long-term image. This can influence future business opportunities and partnerships.

4)    Ethical Concerns: Some types of publicity, such as those involving ethical or legal violations, can create a stigma around a person or brand. This can make it hard to find support or trust in the future.

5)    Social Media Backlash: In today's interconnected world, bad publicity can quickly go viral, leading to widespread criticism and even organized boycotts. This can be hard to control and can have a lasting impact on public perception.

6)    Talent Loss: Negative publicity can deter potential employees or collaborators, making it harder for a company to attract and retain talent.

Overall, while some believe that any publicity raises awareness, not all publicity leads to positive outcomes. It’s crucial for businesses and individuals to focus on building a positive reputation rather than relying on controversy or negative attention for visibility.
Microcontrollers / Re: Memory model for Microcontrollers
« Last post by Kittu20 on Today at 03:31:43 am »
NOTE: This message has been deleted by the forum moderator Simon for being against the forum rules and/or at the discretion of the moderator as being in the best interests of the forum community and the nature of the thread.
If you believe this to be in error, please contact the moderator involved.
An optional additional explanation is:

Thank you very much, @Simon, for deleting the post and making the right decision. If possible, please remove any unnecessary off-topic posts in the thread, close the thread, as I do not wish to continue it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next