Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Beginners / Re: Automatic golf ball dispenser
« Last post by Maclarkson on Today at 03:30:40 am »
Ok guys, the final prototype.
https://youtube.com/shorts/KOmL9WKCEq0?si=T7d2N874ycgET7hB
It would have been nice in their forum if someone could have suggested ways to achieve this.
Beginners / Re: 555 driver and Transformer questions
« Last post by Andy Chee on Today at 03:24:24 am »
I have a few thoughts....

Is your current mechanical vibrator system working adequately at the moment?  Can you connect your oscilloscope to the working vibrator to see what kind of duty cycle it generates?

Another possibility is that the working vibrator can be used to drive the gate of the MOSFET (instead of the 555 timer), the MOSFET can handle the heavy current switching of the step-up HT transformer module.  This approach would eliminate vibrator contact arcing heat, but you would still be susceptible to mechanical failure.
Repair / Re: Mig welder wire feeder controller board not working
« Last post by .RC. on Today at 03:21:13 am »
Yeah, basic, non critical MIG welding on mild steel is pretty forgiving. I never really understood why some people end up with no penetration on their bird-poop welds....

I actually found it hard to do a bird poo weld with a mig.   What it is easy to do it do a visually fantastic looking weld that has zero fusion to one side.   I have also found cold mig welds on commercially made stuff. The bead stands proud like your nipples on a cold morning.

Mig welders because they are more complex to get the settings right, with volts and wire feed and gas type or gasless or dual shield has opened a whole new level of crap welds.  At least a stick weld looks crap if it is crap and starting out stick welding I did a lot of crap welds.

The old days your 15a socket melting (yes I melted a few of them) AC transformer stick welder had one knob to adjust (well some were flash and had 2 OCV settings), and everyone was running 6013 rods.  Life was simple.

Of course one quirk for Australia that has gone full short bus on regulations.  Dodgy Darryl at his home with his $150 mig welder and a roll of flux core and ten minutes welding experience can weld up a trailer to tow behind his car and get it registered no problems at all.

> RTB2000 is not 12 bit.

Ups, I invented two more bits.  ;)
However, it is noisefree enought that I enjoy it and I think it is very seldom that
I need the gain of 1x probe, especialy if I had to pay with lower bandwith.

Olaf
Buy/Sell/Wanted / FS [US to XX] Tek AFG3252 - Like new, single owner - $3K
« Last post by Zucca on Today at 03:03:20 am »

https://www.tek.com/en/datasheet/afg3000-series

I bought it in 2011 spending an insane amount of money.
It was my baby for several years, always a joy to use.
I can't find any defect on it.

It comes with US power cord, two CDs and the cal certificate form 2011.

Lowest I can find on ebay is eBay auction: #305528284623 for $5.5K.
We all know it is pure madness, I will let mine go for $3K + shipping.

Reason for selling: I always use my Agilent 33522A now, I don't need it anymore.

PS: If you have a Agilent 34972A to trade in, I will make you a discount.

Datasheet attached here below.
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by Mechatrommer on Today at 03:02:17 am »
Meanwhile, there are some features that the Rigol brings to the table that I find attractive, including the slimmer size, possibility of powering from a battery pack, HDMI output, easy addition of wifi capability. VESA mount might also be valuable for my limited workspace.
well you've made you choice congratulation! There's nothing wrong really with rigol to begineer, we hope they will fix bugs as before.. even more so with rival appearance from sds800x.

About probe, there's more catch, such as loading at hi freq.. and technique to avoid gnd loop etc. since you dont really concern, built in probe should be fine, you'll learn as you go. I never have a need for fancy 3rd party hi -z passive probe, if i want hi freq i'll go 50ohm 1x coax, or active probe. either way you have to pay extra money. ymmv.
I have the impression that the SDS2000X HD always has a small downward dent in the left in channel 1 when the input is open in auto-trigger mode.

I've noticed this too and I think it is a software problem because it does not depend on the horizontal position.
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Opamps - Die pictures
« Last post by Noopy on Today at 02:59:50 am »
When I designed my super low noise DC differential amplifier, I deliberately used the LTC1151 dual because separate chopper stabilized amplifiers would run at slightly different frequencies creating the potential for beat frequencies.  Two separate dies are unlikely for this reason unless the clocks can be synchronized.  Some of the older single chopper-stabilized parts have a clock pin which can be used for synchronization to avoid this problem.

The LTC1052 has a clock pin to synchronise them.  :-+
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Corrosion on DIP pins
« Last post by Alex Eisenhut on Today at 02:56:33 am »

I have seen DRAMs fail as well - you can also check a few of the vintage folks (Adrian's basement, 8-bit guy, etc.) comment this as well.

Micron Tech 4164s in the 64 are almost certain to fail. I don't know much about MOSTEK DRAMs.
General Technical Chat / Re: Is LinkedIn worth keeping?
« Last post by floobydust on Today at 02:56:21 am »
I mention it because it's funny and shows how social media is so overrated and plastic in a way.
On LinkedIn people showboat- their exaggerated number of connections, their social standing, the fame they are following. I got requests from strangers all over the world and no, I have no idea who you are and I don't pad my number of connections. Some HR person frowns about it, IDK.
My generation cares about merit, not image so I have few connections but each is highly skilled, not fake... is Kardashian Test Equipment Co. on there lol. OK she is.  :palm:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next