Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
I appreciate the responses, sorry for the late reply. 

I need to control 8 identical SPI devices, each with it's own select signal.  However, I also need to be able to initialize all 8 simultaneously.  Thus the need for a 'enable all' signal.  The diagram below is what I would prefer to design.  However, I am trying to eliminate the need for the 'and' gates and was hoping for something prepackaged in the decoder.  I asked for the Hi-Z output version because I thought that it would be more likely to exist.  I could then just use pull down resistors to implement the enable signal. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Beginners / Re: SIM868 - how to disable verbose/debug mode(?)
« Last post by twizzter on Today at 12:40:37 pm »
I'm hooked up to the module's UART1. Attached a photo of PCB and a schematic for reference.
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: FF Digilent CoolRunner-II CPLD Starter Board
« Last post by Gyorgy Albert on Today at 12:39:54 pm »
Sent you a PM.
Thanks,
Gyorgy
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Element 14 Australia Fire Sale
« Last post by beanflying on Today at 12:39:06 pm »
I will be good - probably  >:D Quick check and as described not all items are available on the website so you will need to email to buy I guess.
hello friends. i just got this tds744a that shows fail++processor test from the second level testing. the first level testing shows PASS when scope is turned on on self diagnostics,  is there anyone can point me in the right direction on this issue?  is there a firmware needed or anything at all i can do?
also, can SR32 port be used to upgrade the firmware? Please help me. thank you.
Hey Pcprogrammer, Sorry for the misunderstanding mate, i meant nothing by it.

For me there was no misunderstanding, it was just a hint to you to pay better attention when posting to something that had already been resolved. I can understand you missing the date of the original post, but the 39 pages long list should have made you wonder.  :)

And it is not me that you need to apologize to for anything that might have seemed anti woman, but to CharlotteSwiss, but she did not responded to your post so might be ok with it either way.

But anyway thanks for your sincerity.

Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol MSO5000 series oscilloscopes
« Last post by BTO on Today at 12:28:56 pm »
Hi BTO,

First of all, thank you for the work that you have put in to this.
Secondly, I have a couple of questions regarding upgrading my scope to the latest version 1.3.3.0.

My scope (5074) has a version of 1.3.0.3 currently with all options enabled via a "hack".

Is it possible for me with version 1.3.0.3, to upgrade to the version 1.3.3.0 by following your guide?, https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hacking-the-rigol-mso5000-dr-mefisto-licensing-method/

Why do you first upgrade to the 1.3.3.0 and the down grade to 1.3.2.2 and then back up again?

thanks!

BR
Niklas

Hi BTO,

First of all, thank you for the work that you have put in to this.
You're Welcome i appreciate that.

Secondly, I have a couple of questions regarding upgrading my scope to the latest version 1.3.3.0.
OK, so you mean THE PATCH METHOD. No problem.

Is it possible for me with version 1.3.0.3, to upgrade to the version 1.3.3.0 by following your guide?,
YES, ABSOLUTELY, the process would go like this..

Most people these days buy their scopes and it's on 1.3.3.0 , But you are on 1.3.0.3 (Just like when i bought mine)
Obviously you bought your one a while ago, possibly around a year or so ago.

Now.. the patch method doesn't survive upgrades or downgrades so what you would do is this...

- Upgrade to version 1.3.2.2  (Not 1.3.3.0)
- Then you would follow the instruction to applying the script and after your scope is licensed properly
- You would then upgrade to 1.3.3.0

So YES you can absolutely do that , and if you need help i can jump on zoom or something with you
to walk you through the process if you are not confident.

Why do you first upgrade to the 1.3.3.0 and the down grade to 1.3.2.2 and then back up again?

Good Question...
There are a few reasons,
- Firstly as i said most people buy a scope with version 1.3.3.0. Usually MSO5074. and these people like you have their scope's patched.
that being the case...

-  Initially there was difficulty on the forum activating on 1.3.3.0
(Granted this could have been user error, in hindsight i can see how mistakes would have been made)
as a result a user decided to downgrade to 1.3.2.2 and then had success with the method

- We downgrade because we have tested the method as WORKING and a secure method

-  But that's not the only reason, We could argue that one could now try to license the scope from 1.3.3.0 and personally,
knowing what i know now, i think it'll work. But there is still a problem that being, When the scope is licensed,
HOW DO YOU VERIFY THAT IT WORKED ?

if you are still on the highest version, your only option is to downgrade and see if the options survive. you wouldn't know otherwise.
Therefore we don't bother starting from 1.3.3.0, but instead We start from 1.3.2.2 by downgrading  and the downgrade loses the patched options so it saves you doing -u to uninstall

you then license the scope and then to verify that it worked and in the same step to upgrade, you go to 1.3.3.0 to check it.

In the future when a new firmware version comes out it'll be fine to start from 1.3.3.0 , but for now since it's the latest version
we start from 1.3.2.2 but again, we haven't actually tested that the script works from 1.3.3.0  that's just my assumption
but we know it works from 1.3.2.2

After the licensing method however
- You can upgrade and downgrade to any version you want
- You can use the script to uninstall the options if you want
- After you uninstall them you can reinstall them again
- You can also return to the patch method if you like (Although i don't see why you would)

SO FAR WE KNOW THE FOLLOWING
this is verified

The Script
Code: [Select]
rigol_kg2 has worked on the following models (Bundled Options installed seems to affect it)
MSO5074
MSO5074 with MSO5000 BND
I had one instance of a MSO5104 with MSO5000BND work (but only 1 so far)

The Script
rigol_kg2_3_000 has worked on the following models
MSO5102
MSO5104

This is a list of all the models
MODEL #  MSO500 SERIES  BANDWIDTH   CH's
MSO5072      MSO5          07        2
MSO5074      MSO5          07        4
MSO5102      MSO5          10        2
MS05104      MS05          10        4
MSO5204      MSO5          20        4
MSO5354      MSO5          35        4

The only one's that have not activated so far are

MSO5072 - I assume that since it's just a 2 Ch it will work with
rigol_kg2MSO5204 - This is likely either going to work on
rigol_kg2_3_000 or i have an idea for another modification.
                  But i think this will be a rare occurence
MSO5354 - This will likely never happen for obvious reasons

All in all, i think we have all the likely models covered.
I have posted on an MSO7000 and MSO8000 thread, but they dont' seem to have responded.
i think it's unlikely we'll haev 7000 and 8000's but i'm happy to try the script on those if the situation presents itself

for now THE MSO5000's are sorted,  Let's get everyone on board.
Hi, thank you for your reply!

Yes, I am aware of the need to restart the raspberry after such operations. For me, after performing the operation from the Terminal available in Raspberry OS, the situation is as follows:

1) command:
sudo ./rotate.sh 0
(followed by:
sudo reboot)

will cause the following line
dtoverlay=mhs35:rotate=90 to remain in the config.txt file (so nothing will change)

2) command:

sudo ./rotate.sh 180
provides the return text as follows:

LCD rotate value is set to 180
reboot now

However, this time the system resets itself. After restarting, the following entry appears in the config.txt file:

dtoverlay=mhs35:rotate=270
So you can see that the value in config.txt is somehow shifted forward by 90.

3) Entering

sudo ./rotate.sh 0 will once again cause the system to reset itself and the value in config.txt will return to 90.

The visual orientation of the image on the screen is still the same after each of these steps (i.e. with the power port facing down).
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD Review & Demonstration Thread
« Last post by markone on Today at 12:25:07 pm »

-snip

Let's reverse the picture: if you create dual tone, let say 1MHz 0dBm combined with 1,1 MHz -80 dBm and feed that to Rigol what you will see?
Will you see -80dBm peak?
Following your logic, from your FFT plots this -80dBm should stick out nicely from noise floor.

Here we go with test signal below the  theoretical resolution limit 12x6 = 72 dB, I adjusted the vertical scale to fullfill the ADC range with 0dBm signal with 81mV/div :

Then I applied a 40dB attenuator at the SDG2042x output :

and I started to step down the signal level obtaining the following result :

as expected the DSO is going well below the theoretical limit of 72dB and I would say that I like what I see ;-)

For some reason @ -56dBm  (-96dBm after attenuator) the peak is there with correct level but it does not appear in peak list, my guess is that the Peack list function is not working on the averaged signal but instead on the "clear" trace, I would call it a bug.

Of course I expect that with a 2 components combined signal we will get some spurious here and there, but of course this will NOT cancel signal below 72dB full scale.

HDO's measure coming.
Thank you for the clarification.

Is there any way I can buy a digital board to replace mine ? I found that ebay doesn’t have any listings for those. Is there a number or something I should use to search it ?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next