Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Buy/Sell/Wanted / FS [US to XX] Tek AFG3252 - Like new, single owner - $3K
« Last post by Zucca on Today at 03:03:20 am »
https://www.tek.com/en/datasheet/afg3000-series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTBrhqPo2Kc][url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTBrhqPo2Kc[/url]

I bought it in 2011 spending an insane amount of money.
It was my baby for several years, always a joy to use.
I can't find any defect on it.

It comes with US power cord, two CDs and the cal certificate form 2011.

Lowest I can find on ebay is eBay auction: #305528284623 for $5.5K.
We all know it is pure madness, I will let mine go for $3K + shipping.

PS: If you have a 34972A to trade in, I will make you a discount.

Datasheet attached here below.
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by Mechatrommer on Today at 03:02:17 am »
Meanwhile, there are some features that the Rigol brings to the table that I find attractive, including the slimmer size, possibility of powering from a battery pack, HDMI output, easy addition of wifi capability. VESA mount might also be valuable for my limited workspace.
well you've made you choice congratulation! There's nothing wrong really with rigol to begineer, we hope they will fix bugs as before.. even more so with rival appearance from sds800x.

About probe, there's more catch, such as loading at hi freq.. and technique to avoid gnd loop etc. since you dont really concern, built in probe should be fine, you'll learn as you go.
I have the impression that the SDS2000X HD always has a small downward dent in the left in channel 1 when the input is open in auto-trigger mode.

I've noticed this too and I think it is a software problem because it does not depend on the horizontal position.
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Opamps - Die pictures
« Last post by Noopy on Today at 02:59:50 am »
When I designed my super low noise DC differential amplifier, I deliberately used the LTC1151 dual because separate chopper stabilized amplifiers would run at slightly different frequencies creating the potential for beat frequencies.  Two separate dies are unlikely for this reason unless the clocks can be synchronized.  Some of the older single chopper-stabilized parts have a clock pin which can be used for synchronization to avoid this problem.

The LTC1052 has a clock pin to synchronise them.  :-+
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Corrosion on DIP pins
« Last post by Alex Eisenhut on Today at 02:56:33 am »

I have seen DRAMs fail as well - you can also check a few of the vintage folks (Adrian's basement, 8-bit guy, etc.) comment this as well.

Micron Tech 4164s in the 64 are almost certain to fail. I don't know much about MOSTEK DRAMs.
General Technical Chat / Re: Is LinkedIn worth keeping?
« Last post by floobydust on Today at 02:56:21 am »
I mention it because it's funny and shows how social media is so overrated and plastic in a way.
On LinkedIn people showboat- their exaggerated number of connections, their social standing, the fame they are following. I got requests from strangers all over the world and no, I have no idea who you are and I don't pad my number of connections. Some HR person frowns about it, IDK.
My generation cares about merit, not image so I have few connections but each is highly skilled, not fake... is Kardashian Test Equipment Co. on there lol. OK she is.  :palm:
General Technical Chat / Re: Relay trigger when voltage above 13v
« Last post by SmallCog on Today at 02:51:17 am »
Sounds, in function, similar to what a traditional dual battery controller would do.

These are sometimes referred to as voltage sensing relays or VSR's

Even if your project is not for this purpose, you may find some useful information in magazine articles for similar projects - it's certainly been a topic covered in our local magazines here and likely will have in others

eg: https://www.siliconchip.com.au/Issue/2019/July/Dual+Battery+Isolator+for+4WD%2C+RVs%2C+Caravans%2C+etc

or this: https://www.siliconchip.com.au/Issue/2020/December/Dual+Battery+Lifesaver

Someone may be able to lend you a copy of their issue of this magazine if required :-)
General Technical Chat / Re: Relay trigger when voltage above 13v
« Last post by Ian.M on Today at 02:44:07 am »
TL431, driving the base of a PNP transistor to switch the supply to the relay.  You'll need appropriate base resistors, an anti-parallel diode across the relay coil, and possibly a high value feedback resistor from the collector of the PNP to the TL431 REF pin to add a little hysteresis.  Make the feedback resistor much lower, and once triggered it will latch on, till you momentarily either remove the supply, or ground the REF pin.
I would check the VFD's getter has not gone white due to air ingress in the tube.
A '518 output short to another or to ground would heat up the IC and possibly damage it. Look for any solder bridges or just beep it out checking continuity. You can do this with the display in, also ohmmeter the pins to ground, look for shorts.
Repair / Re: Mig welder wire feeder controller board not working
« Last post by xavier60 on Today at 02:25:24 am »
A little off topic but wire feed related. Since repairing a no wire feed problem with my brother's WIA 250i, it now will stop feeding if an arc doesn't strike within a second of pulling the trigger. Seems to be a feature that has been activated somehow, but no mention of it in the manual. Not a problem in practice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next