Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Some background:  My wife and I are in the market for a car, possibly a Subaru Outback.  We'd be happy buying used, especially if we could obtain one of the elusive manual transmissions which are very hard to find now in the US.  But the used market is still weird, and buying new may be a better value.  We've test-driven the 2024 Outback and mostly like it, but the "infotainment" system is a potential show-stopper for us.  Subaru have moved to an 11" touchscreen with fairly limited tactile controls.  In particular, most of the climate controls are touchscreen only.

Apart from the obvious stupidity of driver-operated touchscreen controls, we both feel like the infotainment could be an expensive time bomb.  We try to drive our cars into the ground, at least 300,000 km and hopefully longer.  What happens 15-20 years down the road when something in the infotainment gives out?  We can live without a radio, but not without heat/AC.  This touchscreen madness is infecting multiple car brands and increasingly hard to avoid.

Hey Mark. I just bought a 2024 Subaru Crosstrek Wilderness a few weeks ago. It has the same display you are talking about. The Crosstrek I had before (2017 model) had more of the controls as physical knobs, so some of this touch screen design I had to get used to. Some parts of the design I like other parts I don't, but what are you going to do? I used to work on my cars back in the day in high school when things were simpler, but I won't touch a lot of it anymore.

I was looking around at how it was built, and you can see a module in the engine bay with two giant cables going to it. Is it a compute module for the engine? I haven't tried to find out but the point is the thing is a complex compute device on four wheels, just like most of the new cars out there now. I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't know already. I'm just saying you probably are going to have to buy an older vehicle if you are worried about the touch screen going bad. Me I'm not worrying about it. It's a part that can be replaced just like any other in the vehicle, so it doesn't bother me.
In page 13 diagram I need to put Vgg and Vdd,In page 14 they say even a procedure.
How do i connect this PMOS to the CGHV1 transistor so they can work together in the previos configuration of mosfet current goint into the drain of the CGHV1A250F?
What i the logic so they will bias together properly?
Thanks.

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/download/1673867/WOLFSPEED/CGHV1A250F.html
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Homebrew Lock-In Amplifier
« Last post by Sariel on Today at 11:38:31 am »
I made a very nice Lock in amplifier based on AD630.

A short time ago, I actually posted a LinkedIn post about this with some results:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/sariel-hodisan-792363120_lock-in-amplifiers-lias-are-incredibly-activity-7180141558162178049-_iK3?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android
CGHV is not amplifier, it's just a transistor. You don't need to gate power to it - just removing of input signal is enough to turn it off.
If you still need to switch power you will need mosfet with more Vds voltage.
As for 339uF capacitor it can be placed BEFORE switching MOSFET
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD Review & Demonstration Thread
« Last post by markone on Today at 11:37:19 am »
Same topic, comparison with DHO1000 that does not show unwanted spuries :

Test Equipment / Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Last post by DavidAlfa on Today at 11:33:48 am »
Why not? As far as I know all 32xx firmwares should work in scopes that originally came with some 32xx version, which are all since 2021 or so.
Same with software, I would try, shouldn't cause any issues, whether it has one flash type or another it doesn't matter, that's managed by the kernel, which the software updates never touch.

As long as you made your backups, there's nothing to worry about!
General Technical Chat / Re: What ICs are used in this rocket?
« Last post by coppice on Today at 11:31:41 am »
It's all noodle logic.
and all the best noodles are now made in Taiwan.  :)
One thought for young vs. old.
If virus goes to lungs it's, up to the point, good the have worse than better immunity.
Very good immunity can hit back so hard the you'll finally suffocate.
That was what made SARS in 2003 so nasty. Quite a number of young fit people's immune systems went into overdrive and killed them. There never seemed to be much publicity about that, but I know people in the HK medical system who told me some harrowing stories.
General Technical Chat / Re: What ICs are used in this rocket?
« Last post by pcprogrammer on Today at 11:27:53 am »
It's all noodle logic.

So everything digital from Italy uses spaghetti logic  :-//
And the USA has burger logic  >:D
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Help with DIY guitar pedal
« Last post by Scornn on Today at 11:26:53 am »
Okay, so ive tried with a DPDT switch and its still the same, checked every resistor and diode and theyre all good. Ive replaced some caps except for 5 of them. The largest cap which is C7 220uf seems to get quite hot. Refit the ICs and I have a few TC072s and 062s. I have ordered a few more CD4046 chips and another V3207 and if that doesnt work then I have no god damn idea. Still bypass and power/LED works so we shall see when theres new chips arrive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next