Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Repair / Re: Mig welder wire feeder controller board not working
« Last post by TERRA Operative on Today at 02:11:50 am »
Yeah, basic, non critical MIG welding on mild steel is pretty forgiving. I never really understood why some people end up with no penetration on their bird-poop welds....

TIG does need a clean surface, but there are welders that provide cleaning settings (AC balance IIRC?) especially for aluminium alloys etc, but nothing beats a pre-cleaned surface.
Beginners / Re: Automatic golf ball dispenser
« Last post by BTO on Today at 02:11:21 am »
The final prototype. Check this out.
https://youtube.com/shorts/KOmL9WKCEq0?si=3pFnC7feHF5k9J2u
- Checked it out
- Had the priviledge of leaving the first comment  :-+

Bunnings bucket huh ? I suggest a modification so that every 10 golf swings, it dispenses a bunnings snag and can of coke.

Now, that aside, it seems to work well, How are you finding it thus far, any issues ?
Also... Since it's purpose is to setup a golf ball, What about when you missed and the ball fell off the T , Shouldn't it also
dispense it then ? or... You're not gonna worry about that ?

but yeah, can you see any issues with it, Especially with Alignment, as you stated before , So can you say, Get through 100 balls without it
falling out of alignment with the T ?
Hello,

I have the impression that the SDS2000X HD always has a small downward dent in the left in channel 1 when the input is open in auto-trigger mode.

Best regards
egonotto
Manufacturing & Assembly / Re: Fellow LPKF equipment users?
« Last post by Jay_Diddy_B on Today at 01:59:12 am »
Hi! I'm a Protomat S42 owner, hopefully soon to be operator.

@rodsolder, my machine came second-hand with a few boxes from Think & Tinker's bits, available from Colorado, USA, at https://www.precisebits.com/ . I haven't gotten my machine up so can't vouch for them, but they are cheaper than LPKF bits.

I have been using these bits for the last 10 years in my protomat c60. They are great. Highly recommended.

The c60 doesn't use the depth collars so the bits have to be the correct length. Some of the low cost bits I have bought from eBay have been the wrong length.

Regards,

Jay_Diddy_B
Beginners / Re: Automatic golf ball dispenser
« Last post by Maclarkson on Today at 01:55:34 am »
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus Hack
« Last post by Vertical Loop on Today at 01:52:29 am »
Updated script. Easier to read, no capital keys, added some comments. Worked for me still.

```
import hashlib

# Scope identification found in the system info tab
# to find this, touch the utility tab on the top left of the SDS screen.
# The dropdown will have a "Menu" option. This will open a dropdown on the right,
# select the (i) System Info from the dropdown.

# The "Scope ID:" hosts this variable. Remove the hyphens and keep the value lowercase.
SCOPEID = 'agy4mj75hf6jnd52'

# The model is a generic variable, not a specific model number, in this case the SDS2000X+,
Model   = 'SDS2000X+'

bwopt = ('100M', '200M', '350M', '500M', 'AWG', 'MSO', 'FLX', 'CFD', 'I2S', '1553', 'PWA', 'MANC', 'SENT')

hashkey = '5zao9lyua01pp7hjzm3orcq90mds63z6zi5kv7vmv3ih981vlwn06txnjdtas3u2wa8msx61i12ueh14t7kqwsfskg032nhyuy1d9vv2wm925rd18kih9xhkyilobbgy'

def gen(x):
   h = hashlib.md5(
      (
      hashkey + (Model+'\n').ljust(32, '\x00') + opt.ljust(5, '\x00') +2*((SCOPEID + '\n').ljust(32, '\x00')) +
      '\x00'*16).encode('ascii')
   ).digest()
   key = ''
   for index, b in enumerate(h):
      if (b <= 0x2F or b > 0x39) and (b <= 0x60 or b > 0x7A):
         m = b % 0x24
         b = m + (0x57 if m > 9 else 0x30)
      if b == 0x30: b = 0x32
      if b == 0x31: b = 0x33
      if b == 0x6c: b = 0x6d
      if b == 0x6f: b = 0x70
      # every four characters print a space
      if index and index % 4 == 0:
        key += " "
      key += chr(b)
   return key

for opt in bwopt:
   print(f'{opt}: {gen(SCOPEID)}\n')
```

General Technical Chat / Re: Relay trigger when voltage above 13v
« Last post by Andy Chee on Today at 01:46:58 am »
I think you’re after a hysteresis circuit i.e. turn on relay as voltage rises above 13V, turn off relay as voltage drops below 12V.

Alternatively, perhaps you’re after a monostable “reset” circuit i.e. turn on relay as voltage rises above 13V, relay remains on until power is removed.
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Corrosion on DIP pins
« Last post by rsjsouza on Today at 01:45:37 am »
Just an additional annoyance: MOSTEK is known nowadays to have a relatively high incidence of memory rot, which renders the IC unusable due to internal degradation even on ICs that are physically in good shape.

That's a problem with mask ROMs like the MK36000.  Aren't the ICs in the photo DRAMs?
I have seen DRAMs fail as well - you can also check a few of the vintage folks (Adrian's basement, 8-bit guy, etc.) comment this as well.
Bump, summer price 400 CAD
Test Equipment / Re: SDS800X HD Wanted Features
« Last post by electronics hobbyist on Today at 01:38:11 am »
I wonder how many use these buttons (see picture). You can move the fields by simply dragging them, so i would say these buttons are redundant. They would cover a field that you could otherwise click without moving the fields at all.

Dragging is implicit, while arrows are explicit, and also said that there is information on the left and right, I think this is part of the reasons for retaining the arrow.For first-time users or users of the mouse, this arrow is necessary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next