Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Test Equipment / Re: Heads up on MicSig Probe
« Last post by KungFuJosh on Today at 10:24:30 pm »
That's a decent deal. I have the same probe, but I got it 6 years ago for $115. That's almost $150 now, right? lol
"Actually you can..."
There might be a simpler way, Windows locked away inside a VM, with some very strict firewalling of any potential telemetry which was trying to escape the VM performed by a trustworthy Linux host OS. That would be a solution for anyone needing to run a program on Windows which wasn;t Wine compatible (unfortunately not that great a fraction of Windows exe programs are Wine compatible, I'm lucky with the few legacy Windows programs I use).
Security / Re: Microsoft repackages apps with a telemetry .NET wrapper
« Last post by bd139 on Today at 10:18:56 pm »
From an EU point of view (GDPR) the rules for telemetry are quite clear. Telemetry can't be forced upon the user, i.e. the application has to run also when users deny the collection of telemetry data. Users have to be informed about all the details (what, why, how long stored, and so on).

And yet you cannot use Windows without telemetry.

Actually you can. If you have Windows 2021 LTSC IoT Enterprise Edition with a specific carefully configured GPO, the blessing of three wizards, cast some runes upon a dead chicken, you will get no telemetry until the next time you run windows update.
PCB/EDA/CAD / Re: JLCPCB alters soldermask without any notice
« Last post by Infraviolet on Today at 10:17:32 pm »
I had an issue once where JLC cut out a milled slot in a weird way such that it was at an angle to what my gerber specified. I was using the confirm-before-production option, but the gerber I confirmed for was correct, so this error got introduced after my review and confirmation and it wasn't known by me until the boards showed up. JLC had a quality complaint facility in their website, I sent them a photo of the PCB slot that arrived vs what it looked like in my original gerber and they gave a refund (money off next order) on those boards from among a larger order. With luck you might be able to get that from them for this soldermask ****-up.
I thought the 245 thermocouple has 2 junctions and thus too much output for the usual T12 op-amp configuration.
Test Equipment / Re: Agilent 4338B adjustment program
« Last post by TheDefpom on Today at 10:16:52 pm »
yeah me too, I just purchased a broken unit (not in my hands yet so it may not even need it).
I did some tests with the Zoyi and some other meters I have access to. The AD780 was trimmed to give a 2.5000V output on the (old) HP desktop meter. The film capacitors were measured with an Agilent 4294A impedance analyser at 10KHz. The table shows that my 703S gives the results closest to the ones by the more advanced equipment. Yet most of the meters tested do well enough for most situations. Even the 10$ T7 component tester gives great results!

Would you mind sharing what version firmware the Zoyi 703S used in your testing has? Thanks!
In languages like C and C++ where % is modulo, not truly a remainder and therefore returns negative results when negativeNum % positiveNum is done.

The C C++ way is generally called remainder, the sensible way is called modulo.

Your code looks right, although (360 - (0 -x)) can just be "x + 360" and it will do the same thing.
Test Equipment / Re: New 2ch pocket DSO+SG - Zeeweii DSO2512G
« Last post by Sham73 on Today at 10:09:42 pm »
That's OK, just don't overdo the calibration, it won't be like a multimeter.
For calibration, I need a more or less accurate laboratory power supply and a functional signal generator, which I don’t have.
If you don't want to spend much, I purchased a cheap device like this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006786894152.html it comes with a hand written paper with the real measured values with good equipment and also states the date and temperature when they were done, it can be used to know how good are the measures of your equipment.
I have such.  I purchased it to determine the accuracy of my Owon B41T+ multimeter.  It only has four values ​​from 2.5 to 10 VDC, so I didn't mention it.
PCB/EDA/CAD / Re: High current traces meeting small component legs
« Last post by Infraviolet on Today at 10:08:30 pm »
Thanks for the extra details. All the online calculators I've found use a model where the trace in which the current flows is the only copper, and it isn't connected to bigger pours for heat dumping, so are there any rules of thumb or empirical equations to approximate (to the nearest 10 celsius maybe) how much temperature rise you get when you have a short, narrow high current trace where the current actually flows but connected by copper to a much bigger pour (or even a pour on both sides with lots of unfilled thermal vias to increase the surface area contacting the air) some distance away.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next