Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Does the GPS end of that cable unplug?
If so, either get a cable to fit and mod it with duPont pins to suit breadboarding, or get something like this: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/18081

If not, you need the matching male pin header + one of these: http://www.proto-advantage.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3800003 and a six pin strip of 0.1" SIL pin headers.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS1000X HD 12bit DSO's
« Last post by tautech on Today at 08:12:46 am »
Dave does a teardown, finds some surprises and seems confused about other stuff that is clearly stated in the datasheet.

Added to OP.
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by shapirus on Today at 08:09:20 am »
Let's see whether they are brave enough to distribute this hack (and other related ones). The DHO1000 hacking took a similar approach of decompiling and patching the executables, back in December. I keenly followed that effort, since I had a DHO1074 at the time and was hoping to see the 50 Ohm inputs and 400 MHz bandwidth enabled.

Back then, the developer(s) never made their modifications available to others and eventually pulled the plug on that effort -- due to legal concerns in my understanding. Rigol does explicitly forbid reverse engineering and decompiling in their license terms. Of course we have not seen them act on this, but who is willing to run the experiment?
Distributing patches, at least, should be legally clean. Don't quote me on this, though. Besides, there was a point about GPLed code being used in the apk. I don't know if it is so, but there seem to be a lot of standard android stuff included. Not sure what license it has.
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by Jwillis on Today at 08:06:17 am »
Just to clarify, North American standard household voltage to both 120V and 240V @ 60Hz. Being split phase.
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol DHO800/900 Scope
« Last post by RAPo on Today at 08:05:59 am »
I would move the math-button next to the channel-buttons., so that one large black area comes free where the time info can be placed (starting a bit like a siglent ;-)).
« Last post by shapirus on Today at 08:05:39 am »
that's impressive indeed.

don't stop :)
« Last post by mrisco on Today at 08:05:12 am »
Have you switched somehow between full screen mode and normal mode while working? Or is it a separate full-screen version of the application?

It is the same application compiled with some changes as a proof of concept.
Microcontrollers / How to create custom bootloader in esp8266
« Last post by digitalectron on Today at 08:05:05 am »
Hello EEVblog community!

I am currently working on a project with ESP8266 and I want to write an OTA bootloader for it. This bootloader should run when the microcontroller is reset and, based on user selection, either enter programming mode to upload a new main application, or run the previously uploaded application.

I have not worked with linker scripts before, so I am looking for a simple example that includes two programs:

Bootloader program: This program should remain constant and perform the following tasks:
Detect whether the user has pressed a button to enter programming mode.
If the button is pressed, go to programming mode.
If the button is not pressed, run the main application that is already stored in flash memory.
Main application: This could be a simple program like an LED blinker program.
I would appreciate any help you can provide on writing this bootloader and how to use linker scripts to achieve this goal.

Additional details:

I am using an ESP8266-12E.
I want to use the platform IO for development.
Questions:

How can I write a bootloader program that runs when the microcontroller is reset?
How can I use linker scripts to select which program (bootloader or main application) should run?
What is a simple example of how to use linker scripts to achieve this goal?
Thanks for your time!
« Last post by mrisco on Today at 08:02:17 am »
New header bar

2146519-0
 You can buy kits of those type of connectors from eBay and Amazon, measure the pin spacing to make sure they are the same. Crimping tiny connectors is challenging though, I have damaged quite a few pins when crimping and now use a mixture of solder and crimp tool...

In my GPSDO projects, I have used GPS boards which include a micro USB socket. It makes testing/configuring much easier.

SJ
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next