Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / Re: High bandwidth FM signal generation
« Last post by enemra on Today at 03:43:36 pm »
Nope. If thats the case i wouldnt come here to the forum. Moreover, I should be very strong enough to understand such stuffs if it is military.
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / Re: High bandwidth FM signal generation
« Last post by mawyatt on Today at 03:43:10 pm »
Check out the DARPA program Computational Leverage Against Surveillance Systems or CLASS.

https://www.darpa.mil/program/computational-leverage-against-surveillance-systems

We developed the computational chip over a decade ago for CLASS.

Best,
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by radiolistener on Today at 03:37:39 pm »
but AGAIN you missed the fact that OP clarified before your first reply that the 20A input was NOT the actual maximum input current established by some empirical means, but a mystery number from a long-gone employee.

Yes, when I posted my first message in this topic, I didn't notice that he don't have other power supplies and 20A is a mystery number.
And what? This is the reason you're attacking me?  :-//

Sorry, but it looks very strange from my point of view.

By fully understanding the thread up to the point where you first replied, you would have already known that all of the system is powered by the two SMPSs, both of which are already universal input. So you’re suggesting doing what it already did.

And? I don't see a big problem here. It was clarified in the followed messages and we just follow forward. Isn't it? What is the reason to return back again and again?

And I don't see why it leads to such kind of aggression and attempt to shift discussion to persons instead of technical topics?

Don't you think you're fixated on some nonsense which makes no sense to devote so much time?
Hi @Wade2019,

I have not tested the mod on a GPP-1326 myself but I see no reason why it would not work.
The mod has been developed to support all GPP-x32x models.
Personally I tested it on a GPP-4323 with LAN option but without GPIB option.

Maybe others could comment on what they are using.
Test Equipment / Re: New 2ch pocket DSO+SG - Zeeweii DSO2512G
« Last post by Aldo22 on Today at 03:33:52 pm »
It may be caused by the multimeter - multimeters also have a frequency range.
Absolutely, that's why I only compared the different voltage ranges at 1kHz and DC.
At 1kHz, the multimeter is quite accurate.
Then you can increase the frequency and look at the frequency response ("hobby accuracy" of course...)
Yup!!

Interestingly, all my instruments agreed as shipped.  I cannot adjust the HP, the Keysight or the 8842.

This is indicative of "inter rater" reliability;which is a precursor to validity; which in this case would be verification against a standard such as NIST.

As for my uses, I kind of doubt I have time to get far enough along to be concerned with nano amps, let alone pico amps.  I am just starting capacitors and inductors.

I WOULD be very interested to learn where such measurements are used.  I know it is not an issue of "trivial precision".

FWIW, I have come to conclusion that the way to bring the world crashing to its knees is to end capacitors.  Who the hell knew?

Regards,

Dewey

Repair / Re: Tek CG5011 calibration
« Last post by nicnac117 on Today at 03:24:38 pm »
Any chance you could make it available ?
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: No interrupt from AS6501...
« Last post by Denge on Today at 03:24:31 pm »
Hi Both,

@ Dieter: the SPI is working correctly here as the config data I sent to the chip is read back and correspond to what I sent so I'm pretty sure the SPI communication is OK.
@ Mino: unfortunately the schematic is still a work in progress but it is very similar to yours (Pico-Fmeter-AS6501) around the AS6501 except for the 10Ω in the power lines and the 3K3 resistor in the interrupt line to the MCU.  Plus I've only one 3V3 supply.  I'm using a dsPIC33 processor but this shouldn't make any difference.
For the moment I'm testing (read: trying to get it running correctly) on a breadboard but this isn't the origin of the absence of the interrupt signal from the AS6501!

So I'm eager to receive a tip pointing me in the good direction to solve this.
Beginners / Re: On ground loop while connecting a Logic Analyzer
« Last post by aliarifat794 on Today at 03:22:03 pm »
If you have a DUT connected to both your laptop's USB port and the Saleae Logic Analyzer (LA), then yes, both devices would typically share a common ground through the laptop's power system.
Beginners / Re: Why are thermal jumpers so expensive?
« Last post by coppercone2 on Today at 03:19:58 pm »
uh read the process it requires hot pressed glowing for a long time while chemicals act on it.

you don't have bulk processes, its sintered into the shape you want. No one machines ceramic tiny parts. And you don't just sinter AlN powder. You get other materials that you press and react while under pressure to form the AlN. There is some AlN powder and then there is elemental aluminum and the reactants that work in pressure in the mold (possibly with action of gas) to make the part you want. Its like sintering advanced

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next